Something needs to be done about SoS ocx/sea

Celtika.8234

Maybe alliances will fix it? but I can see their being a pvd alliance so I doubt it lol maybe make it you have 50 ppl and the other server has 5 you get diminishing returns

Taking out golems and shield gens wouldn't be that bad of an idea until alliances come in.

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

Why should OCX not be able to play because of where they live? It's a 24/7 game mode, and skirmish points largely fixed the large runaway scores that used to be problematic. If you're beating them from 8am til 10pm you ought to win regardless of what they do at night, so I don't really see the problem now. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Its just not fun for every other server they fight

To the point where ppl are just not playing anymore or leaving the server.

And if you think this is what the other servers are doing during NA you cray

Edited by Outatime.5183
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

So confused by this thread.

I'm AEST and currently on SoS (switched from EBay a few months ago to WvW with my guild). 

Every time I'm on, there are enemy blobs and zergs galore. We have our share, but it always seems balanced to say the least (I mean come on, it's not like we're consistently a T1/top of T1 server.....but EBay is).

Added to it, there are or at least recently were squads/guilds on our server that actively AVOIDED fights (I got kicked from a squad for running to help another with a fight because 'PPT Only').....so they don't present an issue either.

You can say that your SoS problem is a case of anecdotal evidence gone wild....if so, I'd agree. As the scientific community would say, anecdotal evidence isn't evidence at all 😉

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I've said it a million times. If everyone gets incentives to spread out then underpopulated timezones like OCX prime will also get the same incentive. OCX should be encouraged to fight OCX as an alternative to befriending all your countrymen to only stack 1-2 servers. Then it is up to OCX players to spread if they want to impact score or congregate if they just want to hang out on the same server(s) and fight doors but have little to no impact on the matchup.

Use the outnumbered buff, make it affect score so even maps are more rewarding than uneven maps. I won't go into it at length again. I think I have a discussion of it linked in my signature.

Edited by subversiontwo.7501
I just realized the signatures are gone
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

Exactly as above. For some reason all OCX players don't seem to want to spread out and are happy to just attack doors. It's completely up to them to decide to spread out. History has shown they do not seem to want this and prefer to all hang out on 1-2 servers.

Best we can hope for is alliances spreading them out but they should still be allowed to play the same game as everyone else. It is a 24/7 pvpve gamemode after all. The real issue comes from having regions split. WvW would be much better if the NA/ EU erver divide was not there as all timezones would be more equal. However due to ping etc that will never be the case.

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 3

Most likely, the only way to accomplish the above, is to gut rewards for stacking. 

The most drastic example: 
* Have a set amount of reward for everything, don't scale it to the number of players.
* Divide it on any player that gets credit for what they're doing.
* So if 1 player takes a camp he gets X of all rewards.
* If 100 players takes a camp, they gets X/100 of all rewards each (including pips and participation).

This would completely break the whole Care-Bear-Rule so ANet won't do it. But it would likely cause a lot of people to spread out just to be able to get rewards at all.

----

Another more plausible, is to bind most of the rewards up to the attack/defence events IF enemy players are participating. So if they karma train all the objectives at night with no resistance they'd get next to nothing. But splitting up so they met others to fight/defend then both parts would get higher rewards.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Merging EU and NA means combining the Data-Centres, which means one of the two get higher ping (at least +200 ping). And will likely mean a lot of people get angry and quit/stop playing. Just ask all the Australians that have played for years with high ping on either, and keep asking for their own servers. So not really a solution. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, joneirikb.7506 said:

Merging EU and NA means combining the Data-Centres, which means one of the two get higher ping (at least +200 ping). And will likely mean a lot of people get angry and quit/stop playing. Just ask all the Australians that have played for years with high ping on either, and keep asking for their own servers. So not really a solution. 

Just put the servers in Greenland then! 😄

25 minutes ago, Daredevil.2745 said:

They just want to win and the best way to win is to play when enemies sleep, that's the current mentality of players in GW2. The game allows low skill players to win, they abuse it. Otherwise they will be farmed, cuz they can't kill anyone except npcs at night.

lmao right...How dare ocx/sea players play in their prime time. If they were real WvW players they would play during NA prime. 

Why don't you all stay up and fight them? 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Daredevil.2745 said:

they can play, the problem is that they all stack in one place for easy wins

The guilds stack and also hold hands, the randoms that follow round out the 80 player limit, still have trouble sometimes pushing the smattering of people they face.

Not so sure they can play really.  Could be some ping issues but their tactics are pretty weak and basic.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Daredevil.2745 said:

they can play, the problem is that they all stack in one place for easy wins

SoS is barely winning tier 3... Maybe its for easy wins, or maybe its because your server has nothing to offer so it doesn't get ocx/sea transfers. 

• Like 1

On 8/17/2021 at 4:48 AM, Outatime.5183 said:

Lmao if you think AR has blobs and zergs during OCX/SEA you gotta be tripping 

Just this second 30 SoS took AR garri and we had like 4......So ahh please screen shot these Blobs and Zergs 

This is so funny really.  SoS has  almost no NA presence.  SF has NA guilds but they aren’t huge.  We get clobbered during  NA but have fun.   You get clobbered during  Sea/OCX.  It is what it is.  

I doubt that Alliances will be able to do much about time zone issues.  People play when they play.   

Edited by Some Call Me Tim.2319
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Daredevil.2745 said:

They just want to win and the best way to win is to play when enemies sleep, that's the current mentality of players in GW2. The game allows low skill players to win, they abuse it. Otherwise they will be farmed, cuz they can't kill anyone except npcs at night.

You do realise that not everyone lives in NA right? 🤔 

Being from Australia, its not our fault that the enemy chooses to log off and hide instead of staying up and fighting us, it’s like they have lives, jobs and families to support or something 😂 

• Like 10

On 8/19/2021 at 2:26 AM, Bristingr.5034 said:

Merge EU and NA together. Problem solved.

yeah it will be nice to merge so there will be better coverage of play time.. 

just stay put until alliance comes as there will be different set of issues to solve for the dev.. for now we can patiently wait for the new system come in 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, steve.5693 said:

Im confused is the game meant to stop outside NA prime , Im from Australia not the USA why should I not be able to play when it suits me and SoS was billed as a Oceana server , thats why australians started playing on it 

You are not confused.

Of course people prefer to play with others.  That’s been part of the ‘problem’ with SOS.  The server was billed as the OCX server..  Which allows those people to play together.  Except….  Then there is few to fight against.  Thus people’s complaints about PvD.

Alliances may help some, as theoretically only 500 ish people from any time zone could control playing together.