Virtuoso Bug Thread

Fire Attunement.9835

I just watched WP's stream and he found 2 bugs that let him put out 40+ confusions stacks instantly on big enemies such as the hydra with his f2 I think. I don't know details to this bug because I literally just tuned in when he streamed it but it was an insane bug.

1 hour ago, Sodeni.6041 said:

I just watched WP's stream and he found 2 bugs that let him put out 40+ confusions stacks instantly on big enemies such as the hydra with his f2 I think. I don't know details to this bug because I literally just tuned in when he streamed it but it was an insane bug.

Thats not a bug, thats f2, + 2 traits + prolly signet of midnight and torch 3,4, if he had a wand thats another 2 stacks, you witness him with alot of expertise popping 6-7 cooldowns.

Edited by Genesis.5169

When hovering the purple dots over your skillbar the tooptip says "n Illusions" instead of Blades. Literally unplayable.

Using F1 deals more damage when using shatter storm. It uses a different coefficient.

Greatsword Autoattack Crits will apply Vulnerability but not Bleeds with the Virtuoso Traits.

Phase retreat will not generate a blade if used above 1200 range. 

Bladestorm Sorrow can sometimes hit targets above the maximum distance with only the middle blade.

On 8/17/2021 at 12:02 PM, Jokubas.4265 said:

Scepter 1 (Ether Clone) stops summoning Blades when you have 3. Scepter 2 (Illusionary Counter) can go past 3 Blades just fine. I could find no other skill that would treat 3 as the cap for summoning. Things like Mirror Images and Signet of Illusions properly treat 5 as the Blade cap.

The reason that only Ether Clone stops stocking blades is because the ability is set up to have a different effect when there are already 3 clones. It becomes a different skill entirely which applies a long duration of torment instead of not attacking at all and creating a clone. It's technically not a bug but it would make more sense to change the clone cap to 5 when on Virtuoso.

On 8/17/2021 at 12:05 PM, Lohkrim.2495 said:

None of the traits or abilities that interact with 'illusions' seem to interact with blades generated. Specifically the heal signet, the illusion traits in Inspiration. Is this intended or a bug?

I believe this is a bug because Compounding Power in Illusions does work correctly when stocking blades. I'm pretty sure it's the only trait that works properly with on clone summon traits right now.

The Illusions trait Master of Fragmentation reads that it increases the block duration of Bladeturn Requiem from 3 seconds to 4. In reality doesn't effect the block duration at all. The tooltip is also incorrect in the first place, as it blocks for less than 3 seconds. 

The Illusions trait Maim the Disillusioned does not apply torment when a Bladesong is reflected. It's probably better this way, but it's a bug none the less.

• Thanks 1

If you generate blades before a PVP match starts they will not be discarted when you start the match, just become invisible.

Bladeturn Requiem doesnt seem to calculate its block time properly.

Inconsistent behavior with traits considering blades as illusions across all specs.

Edited by Gesbo.6420

On the first use of Thousand Cuts in a session, it sometimes briefly displayed a "standard" AoE ground targetting reticle or did some oher strange things.

It's not restricted to this skill, but also applies to the focus 4 skill "Temporal Curtain" as well as others.

On further investigation, the game initially displays the reticle one has used most recently for the first use of the game session (presumably the image cache needs to be loaded) .  If it's the first ground-targetted skill use in a day, there's a very brief interval where no reticle is shown.

So, if one's first GTAoE skill use of the day is (say) "Rain of Swords", it will display no reticle momentarily, then display the correct circular one.  If after that one uses "Thousand Cuts" it will briefly display the circular reticle for "Rain of Swords" before switching to the correct "line" one.  If one then uses "Temporal Curtain" (focus 4), it will briefly display the linear reticle for "Thousand Cuts" before loading the correct "curtain" one.

Subsequent uses of any individual reticle (presumably the image cache has loaded the required image) seem fine

I suspect that this isn't limited to mesmer skills, but have only experimented with mesmer

I'm using the "fast with range indicator" option for ground targetting.

• Thanks 1

Virtuoso Greatsword auto attacks inflict vulnerability which means that the auto is coded as a blade even though it doesn't state it in the tooltip. Also, when traited into jagged mind, greatsword auto's don't inflict bleeding. so they are coded as a blade attack but at the same time not coded as a blade attack?

Edited by WhoWantsAHug.3186

4 hours ago, WhoWantsAHug.3186 said:

Virtuoso Greatsword auto attacks inflict vulnerability which means that the auto is coded as a blade even though it doesn't state it in the tooltip. Also, when traited into jagged mind, greatsword auto's don't inflict bleeding. so they are coded as a blade attack but at the same time not coded as a blade attack?

I suspect the trait is triggered by any critical hit direclty made by the character (not from phantasms), it also works with staff, sword and other weapons without the tooltip.

By the way, is strange to see the tooltop indicating blade on greatsword but not on sword (maybe the idea was only for "illusionary blades" and not "real blades"?)

• Like 1

Only 2 bugs I found are:

Pistol skill 'Phantasmal Duellist' spawns an illusion rather than a blade (if this is intended, as I thought all illusions and clones spawned a blade instead, then please ignore this.)

Second bug is minor and not sure if it is applying to just beta characters currently but when I go into combat my wings skin on backpack are disappearing. Only noticed this on Dragonfall currently.

I might be the only one that’s having this happen to them, but the blades/projectiles from using the F1-3 do not show when heading towards their targets and appear invisible with just the amount of damage showing. My settings are at high/ultra and I still don’t see anything. 😖

• Like 2

I didn't notice anyone mention yet the Downed skills:

Deception: does still generate a clone, and does not stock a blade

Phantasmal Rogue: does generate the phantasm that makes 1 attack and then stocks a blade ... that you can't use

That's an awful long time to wait for that Phantasm Skill just to have it do very little.

On 8/19/2021 at 9:56 PM, Me Games Ma.3024 said:

When hovering the purple dots over your skillbar the tooptip says "n Illusions" instead of Blades. Literally unplayable.

Using F1 deals more damage when using shatter storm. It uses a different coefficient.

Greatsword Autoattack Crits will apply Vulnerability but not Bleeds with the Virtuoso Traits.

Phase retreat will not generate a blade if used above 1200 range. 

Bladestorm Sorrow can sometimes hit targets above the maximum distance with only the middle blade.

i could not get f1 to do more damage with shatter storm. in fact, it actually seemed to do less (very slightly, like 10-20 damage less)

On 8/20/2021 at 5:43 PM, hash.8462 said:

The blades launched by phantasms when Phantasmal Blades is equipped do way too high damage, probably 3 times the intended damage (unless the tooltip is wrong).

there is probably some wonkyness going on because the phantasm blades count as coming from your phantasm (uses the phantasm weapon strength etc) according to cmc