Swimsuits; The Gold Standard [Merged]

Swimsuit Poll!  

386 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Anet should add the Faren and Kasmeer swimwear outfits from Southsun?

• Yes.
    • Si.
    • Ja.
    • Sí.
    • No - Sike, just kidding, of course they should.

On 10/15/2022 at 3:05 PM, Sobx.1758 said:

And last I've checked, people don't randomly walk around in swimsuits (or wear them going for a hunt), so lets stick to changing tents with swimsuits being available in selected beach areas. I still think most people who claimed they wanted to use them in a fitting water/beach/summer-related activities would be happy.

It's been established already that females already walk around practically naked in this game. A regular swimsuit would actually look more normal/rational than stuff like this; plus be useable on males cuz gender equality is cool.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

9 hours ago, Doggie.3184 said:

A regular swimsuit would actually look more normal/rational

No, it wouldn't. You're bringing up something you think is irrational to justify something similarly irrational and then claim "it would look more normal". But one irrational thing doesn't make another one any more rational than it really is, so no. And then it only gets better when you finish it up with

9 hours ago, Doggie.3184 said:

plus be useable on males

🙃

But sure, lets set up the changing tents in limited beach areas, where the swimming suit is automatically swapped back to armor skins the moment you leave the set zone. That's the "normal/rational" solution here, in line with some of the people's argumentation in this thread.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Reasons have already been stated on the previous 27 pages. And what do you mean "reasons beyond..."? It clearly doesn't matter how many reasons there will be given when you will keep repeating "what's the reason beyond a/b/c" anyways.

Having them just be an outfit, which is the actual 'normal/rational' solution, is more practical, and actually equates to revenue for Anet through the Gemstore. Unless you want people to spend gems on something you have to find a 'tent' for. Jadebots are already expensive and barely seen, sell that as an outfit to me, really.

Edited by Altonese.6542
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

14 minutes ago, Altonese.6542 said:

Having them just be an outfit, which is the actual 'normal/rational' solution, is more practical, and actually equates to revenue for Anet through the Gemstore. Unless you want people to spend gems on something you have to find a 'tent' for. Jadebots are already expensive and barely seen, sell that as an outfit to me, really.

I think having it be a set of armour would be the most rational solution.

A set of armour gets more people to buy it and therefore earns Arenanet more money.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 5
  • Confused 3

23 minutes ago, Altonese.6542 said:

How is this responding to what you've quoted?

You've might have meant to respond to this:

But even with that, you're still sidestepping the context of what I wrote (which is contained in the post I've quoted there), because it was clearly talking about looking normal/rational, so you're still not responding to what was being written there.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

5 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

I actually think having it armour pieces would be the most rational solution.

It being a set of armour gets more people buying it and therefore earning Arenanet more money.

Plus skins /outfits would be simpler for the devs than coding changing tents.

• Like 5
  • Confused 4

24 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

I think having it be a set of armour would be the most rational solution.

A set of armour gets more people to buy it and therefore earns Arenanet more money.

Seeing how an armor set takes about 9 months to make, I'd definitely prefer those resources be spent elsewhere.

EDIT: not sure of your statement about it earning more money for Anet, though.  Where is your data that supports such a claim based on past experience with armor sets vs outfits?

Edited by kharmin.7683
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

20 minutes ago, Gryphon.2875 said:

Plus skins /outfits would be simpler for the devs than coding changing tents.

Plus the changing tents are already a thing and they wouldn't need to be monetized, seems like a huge win for you and other people wanting to experience the summer feeling of spending their ingame time on a beach/near the water in the context-fitting swimming suits.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 6

13 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Seeing how an armor set takes about 9 months to make, I'd definitely prefer those resources be spent elsewhere.

EDIT: not sure of your statement about it earning more money for Anet, though.  Where is your data that supports such a claim based on past experience with armor sets vs outfits?

Anyone who would buy an outfit, would also buy it in armour pieces.

However, the other way around is not true. There are people who boycott an outfit, when they'd gladly buy the armour pieces, because armour pieces can be mixed for maximum customizability, while outfits are static.

There've been a few outfits that have pieces I'd like to use, but simply can't, because Outfits aren't made for that.

And then there are yet again other people boycotting Outfits out of principle that those aren't armours.

It doesn't need much to see that armours reach a larger audience.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

13 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Anyone who would buy an outfit would also buy it in armour pieces.

However, the other way around is not true. There are people who boycott an outfit, when they'd gladly buy the armour pieces, because armour pieces can be mixed for maximum customizability, while outfits are static.

There've been a few outfits that have pieces I'd like to use, but simply can't, because Outfits aren't made for that.

And then there are yet again other people boycotting Outfits out of principle that those aren't armours.

It doesn't need much to see that armours reach a larger audience.

Sure, but actual armor, not a swimsuit that people here claim they want for a beach/water-based activities, at which point "mixing it" makes no sense and isn't even reasonable in any way.

2 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

One signficant issue with swimsuits as outfits is it would prohibit people with the sunglasses armor skins from wearing them while in their swimsuits. Swimsuit+sunglasses seems like a no-brainer.

Add sunglasses to changing tents, solved.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 6

6 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Sure, but actual armor, not a swimsuit that people here claim they want for a beach/water-based activities, at which point "mixing it" makes no sense and isn't even reasonable in any way.

Add sunglasses to changing tents, solved.

People who play GW2 like customization, not automation.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Gryphon.2875 said:

People who play GW2 like customization, not automation.

Cool, you have plenty of armor skins to mix and match then. "I want sunglasses with swimsuit, but only if I equip them by myself" is not what you're claiming above.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 6

2 minutes ago, Gryphon.2875 said:

And a swimsuit would be a perfect addition.

Maybe, but within appropriate context-relevant zones, which is why the changing tents with set boundaries on/near the beach are a great solution here.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 6

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

Where did I write it's appropriate for combat? Just because something is already wrong, it doesn't mean we need more of it.

So no.

Precedent has been set, and it doesn't matter if you agree or not. Other people exist, and the world does not revolve around you.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4