Swimsuits; The Gold Standard [Merged]

Swimsuit Poll!  

386 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Anet should add the Faren and Kasmeer swimwear outfits from Southsun?

• Yes.
    • Si.
    • Ja.
    • Sí.
    • No - Sike, just kidding, of course they should.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Gibson.4036 said:

From the new Summer Roadmap blog post:

What do you think, @Altonese.6542?

Depends if they'd like to mend some bridges and make money or not. Finally putting out swimsuits on the gem store is basically the equivalent of deciding whether or not to accept your paycheque, or whether to open your christmas present or just to leave it in the corner forever.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

I've become increasingly sympathetic to this thread's 'cause' inspite still not having any personal interest in using swimsuits for my characters.  Unfortunately I've also become increasingly convinced that it's not going to happen, that I'm correct in my theory that the current people at Anet have intentionally decided, within just the last couple of years mind you, to not make anymore armors or outfits that show skin (hah, or fur) or or are otherwise particularly salacious (especially the ones for females).  And that even if they did make some kind of swimwear, they'd look like the almost full body swim suits of a hundred or so years ago.  😒

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Every year it's insulting to see npcs wearing swimsuits that the player can't touch. That goes for every civilian style clothing option though. I don't get Anet's thinking.

As always, they want/need to focus on more important things is disproved by taking one good look at the Gemstore. They clearly have the time.

Edited by Altonese.6542
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/12/2022 at 3:07 PM, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

I've become increasingly sympathetic to this thread's 'cause' inspite still not having any personal interest in using swimsuits for my characters.  Unfortunately I've also become increasingly convinced that it's not going to happen, that I'm correct in my theory that the current people at Anet have intentionally decided, within just the last couple of years mind you, to not make anymore armors or outfits that show skin (hah, or fur) or or are otherwise particularly salacious (especially the ones for females).  And that even if they did make some kind of swimwear, they'd look like the almost full body swim suits of a hundred or so years ago.  😒

I assume big part of the problem is that due to their quality policy they can't just make a simplistic swimgear outfit (which is what everyone wants) and charge big amount of gems for it (which I again assume, most of us are willing to pay anyways as long as we get a freakin swimgear already). So i'm afraid they're thinking of the need to justify the price on the gemstore with the quality of the swimsuit piece.

That, or they just simply don't care or have planned anything for it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Wolfb.7025 said:

I assume big part of the problem is that due to their quality policy they can't just make a simplistic swimgear outfit (which is what everyone wants) and charge big amount of gems for it (which I again assume, most of us are willing to pay anyways as long as we get a freakin swimgear already). So i'm afraid they're thinking of the need to justify the price on the gemstore with the quality of the swimsuit piece.

That, or they just simply don't care or have planned anything for it.

You are objectively wrong there.

Many people do not want a swimsuit outfit. They want swimsuit armour.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Fueki.4753 said:

The dangers of claiming objectivity or what the opinion of the majority/many aside, I don't think true swimsuit armor is feasible or even realistic at this point, outfits are your best and possibly only shot at having a chance at swimsuits.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

To me, it doesn't matter really. Outfits, armour pieces, undies dyable dyes or worse come to worst, give us a clothes changing booth for the guild hall, like the one in Labyrinthine Cliffs. Anything is better than nothing. Anything is better than my 10 year old worn out ugly yellow undies 😑

I am starting to lose faith. Many have been waiting and hoping from 👶 to 👧 and probably until we are 👵 and still nothing from ANet. Not even a Yes or No. Boooo...

Edited by MintyMin.2718
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

50 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Nah, leave them for the summer event where they currently are, with thematically matching environment.

I said in the Guild Hall not in the open world and GH has no summer or autumn or winter or spring. Only day and night in there. What thematically matching environment again? 🤷‍♀️

Edited by MintyMin.2718
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/12/2022 at 4:07 PM, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

Yep probably.  There hasn't been a good armor or outfit in a long time.  They are usually over designed.

It's pretty funny one of the most favorite skins that came out was the metal legion shirt, because it was just a shirt and easy to make look like other things.  The community was happy with a basic t-shirt.  

Edited by SinisterSlay.6973
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

20 minutes ago, MintyMin.2718 said:

I said in the Guild Hall not in the open world and GH has no summer or autumn or winter or spring. Only day and night in there. What thematically matching environment again? 🤷‍♀️

...the one it is currently at, was that somehow unclear in my previous post? 🤨

• Confused 4

9 hours ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

The dangers of claiming objectivity or what the opinion of the majority/many aside, I don't think true swimsuit armor is feasible or even realistic at this point, outfits are your best and possibly only shot at having a chance at swimsuits.

Wolfb.7025 claimed everyone wanted a swimsuit outfit. Given the fact that many people do want it to be armour, not a greasy outfit, makes their comment objectively wrong in that regard.

And I don't think swimsuit armour is unfeasible. They just need to create two armour pieces that look like bikini pieces (a speedo and bare chest for males) that already exist in the game and make them dyeable. The technology is there. The art is there. They just need to apply that.

If outfits were the only shot at swim wear, I'd rather not have it at all. For all I care, outfits can burn in the partially digested underworld.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Wolfb.7025 claimed everyone wanted a swimsuit outfit. Given the fact that many people do want it to be armour, not a greasy outfit, makes their comment objectively wrong in that regard.

And I don't think swimsuit armour is unfeasible. They just need to create two armour pieces that look like bikini pieces (a speedo and bare chest for males) that already exist in the game and make them dyeable. The technology is there. The art is there. They just need to apply that.

If outfits were the only shot at swim wear, I'd rather not have it at all. For all I care, outfits can burn in the partially digested underworld.

Hope you're willing to stand by that last statement, since others might not be so keen to stick to "swimsuit armor or nothing".

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

Hope you're willing to stand by that last statement, since others might not be so keen to stick to "swimsuit armor or nothing".

I want to mix it with armour pieces, so obviously I wouldn't buy a swimsuit outfit. If I can't mix it, it's of zero value to me. It probably even is of negative value, as swimsuits being an outfit would remove the already far too flimsy chance of it becoming armour.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1