Anet is on a streak !!

I've done a few praises but damn today anet deserves it. Whether or not what has happened in the past I dont care, the future is looking bright and that's what matters

This year has been ..... amazing wowI had a feeling something was coming, with old staff being rehired and all these patches and updates on a regular basis without fail has really made me surprised beyond expectations

A third expansion was probably not anticipated by many and kinda put on the back burner of people's thoughts.Today that has changed and we are finally going to see a third expac!!!!

I believe an applause is in order for Anet /pepeclap

It's very amusing to me.

For a good while now i've been seeing posts about Gw2 being dead or going into maintenance mode..We've been getting some great story chapters in the Icebrood Saga so far and Jormag is shaping up to be a very different and interesting Elder Dragon, Grothmar valley which was a Prologue map is to this day one of the best maps ever put in Gw2.. Iron Legion is still one of the best events in the game, Our next desination is the Woodland Cascades which is a location many people have wanted to explore for years!!, We're getting the Hall of Monuments as an upgradable Hub in less than a week along with 4! replayable Living world 1 missions which people have been asking for for years and on top of that we're getting backstory and missions based on Ryland and his Warband, including discovering the final moments of Almora.Add to that Super Adventure Box is right around the corner too and confirmation that not only is there a brand new Expansion in development but Anet damn near unofficially confirmed that we are going back to one of the most loved, most popular and most requested regions of the world in it.. Cantha.

Anet isn't just on a streak right now.. we are straight up being spoiled rotten by them lmaoYou want living world 1?? you got some of it!!You want Hall of Monuments?? you got it!!You want a new expansion?? you got it!!You want to go back to Cantha?? you got it!!

I've been playing this game since Beta and Gw1 long before that but I can honestly say i've never been more excited or confident in the future of Gw2 than I am right now.

@DoRi Silvia.4159 said:I've done a few praises but kitten today anet deserves it. Whether or not what has happened in the past I dont care, the future is looking bright and that's what matters

This year has been ..... amazing wow

It's only March...

I had a feeling something was coming, with old staff being rehired and all these patches and updates on a regular basis without fail has really made me surprised beyond expectations

A third expansion was probably not anticipated by many and kinda put on the back burner of people's thoughts.Today that has changed and we are finally going to see a third expac!!!!

There is a saying in German: Don't praise the day before the evening.

We don't know the quality of the upcoming content yet, and the last episode had the worst story and missions in ages, so I believe a healthy amount of scepticism and caution are in order.

Also, I believe the decision to start working on a third expansion was a recent one, not a long-term goal, because ANet stated repeatedly they weren't working on one nor planning to develop one. Perhaps they re-assessed the feedback and decided they'd rather go for a next expansion rather than another LW season, which makes sense.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@DoRi Silvia.4159 said:I've done a few praises but kitten today anet deserves it. Whether or not what has happened in the past I dont care, the future is looking bright and that's what matters

This year has been ..... amazing wow

It's only March...

I had a feeling something was coming, with old staff being rehired and all these patches and updates on a regular basis without fail has really made me surprised beyond expectations

There is a saying in German: Don't praise the day before the evening.

We don't know the quality of the upcoming content yet, and the last episode had the worst story and missions in ages, so I believe a healthy amount of scepticism and caution are in order.

Also, I believe the decision to start working on a third expansion was a recent one, not a long-term goal, because ANet stated repeatedly they weren't working on one nor planning to develop one. Perhaps they re-assessed the feedback and decided they'd rather go for a next expansion rather than another LW season, which makes sense.

Maybe this would make more sense if we didn't have a bunch of people saying over and over again (particularly on reddit) that the game was going into maintence mode). It's like all things. Expectations were lowered by a percentage of the fanbase not taking a wait and see approach. They decided. They stated opinions as fact.

So when the new comes, and it's the opposite of what so many have been saying, of course people are going to be excited.

You're right that no one knows how good any expansion will be, but asking for people not to be hyped about an expansion of pretty much any game , is a lost cause.

Now that I finally got my Expansion announcement I think I am going to concentrate on wanting a Housing feature. And complain about the lack of it when it becomes clear that Anet is not going that way.

Since 2 of my 3 biggest peeves were already addressed by Anet(the first peeve being that the Beetle mount started with zero Endurance), I am thinking three's a charm.

This was a joke though maybe not entirely.

@Vayne.8563 said:

Maybe this would make more sense if we didn't have a bunch of people saying over and over again (particularly on reddit) that the game was going into maintence mode). It's like all things. Expectations were lowered by a percentage of the fanbase not taking a wait and see approach. They decided. They stated opinions as fact.

So when the new comes, and it's the opposite of what so many have been saying, of course people are going to be excited.

You're right that no one knows how good any expansion will be, but asking for people not to be hyped about an expansion of pretty much any game , is a lost cause.

Agree, I am happy to hear new news, but it was after the extended calls of players asking for the future vision. Before this point all we had was we are not working on an expansion and the idea is on the table. That left a bad impression with people. We won't be able to tell if this turn around was recent after lower earnings report and they again realized as they did prior to HoT that LW itself won't keep people and that they need to do more or it could have been a matter of getting greenlights on a project design that the business decision was better to say nothing versus we have something. This could relate back to the discussions about the 4th team as mentioned at the cryptic theatre reveal that left people more scratching their heads asking, what was this about again?

So yes, it was good news, but if this was what was hinted at before, then, yeah need to work on that. The fact that this was released as a post though in a blog, this would have been better a key-note at Pax East versus leaving players asking, why were you at Pax East?

You have to remember, this is an MMO. Players that spend 10K hours into something like to know that they are spending that time on something that is not near EoL.

Good gaming!

@Ultramex.1506 said:They sure bring back life into this forum though i'm a bit annoyed at Cantha, as long as they don't focus on Sigh f** Human again, i'm cool with that

Humans are and have been the main focus on GW lore.Entire GW1 was focused on Humans, with other races just being 'side characters'.It's only natural that with so much human lore to see more human story than other races.Cantha is a whole human continent, so is Elona.They can add some diversity with Tengu and maybe some new races to Cantha, but yes, it's always going to be mainly focused on Humans.

There's a possibility other races might receive spotlight when we don't touch places that are heavily built around human lore.

@coso.9173 said:woodlands cascade? part of the current saga or for the expac? I never played gw1 so i don't know but sounds nice :D

Anything other than Bjora sounds good to me at this point! I've been so bored with the PvE side of this game with those weak last two episodes. I am hoping this one delivers more like the prologue episode did.

@Blur.3465 said:

@Ultramex.1506 said:They sure bring back life into this forum though i'm a bit annoyed at Cantha, as long as they don't focus on
Sigh
f
Human again, i'm cool with that

Humans are and have been the main focus on GW lore.Entire GW1 was focused on Humans, with other races just being 'side characters'.It's only natural that with so much human lore to see more human story than other races.Cantha is a whole human continent, so is Elona.They can add some diversity with Tengu and maybe some new races to Cantha, but yes, it's always going to be mainly focused on Humans.

There's a possibility other races might receive spotlight when we don't touch places that are heavily built around human lore.

And i would prefer them to have as little to do with Human as possible, even after PoF i still don't see the difference between Elonian and Krytan beside one is in the desert and other green field, maybe there are but then again......i don't care enough to pay attentionAt least with Charr we have 3 Legions and a TribeAnet hadn't done any justice for Asura/Sylvari/Norn: Sylvari story was lack luster in HoT(There even a friendly Nightmare court that appear out of nowhere during Mordramoth!) they re-use the Inquest when bad scientific things happen.

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

@coso.9173 said:woodlands cascade? part of the current saga or for the expac? I never played gw1 so i don't know but sounds nice :D

Anything other than Bjora sounds good to me at this point! I've been so bored with the PvE side of this game with those weak last two episodes. I am hoping this one delivers more like the prologue episode did.

i've really liked bjora's darker tone IMO, I hope they keep that in whatever new maps we go to in the saga :D

Sheesh some people are pretty sour

WE ARE GETTING CONTENTEXPANSION LEVEL CONTENT... wait.... IT IS AN EXPANSION

Jeepers guys honestly we had nothing to be excited for, we were being spoon fed with Living story and there was no clarity about the future

Now we have solid proof and players can keep playing knowing a big content will be dropping..No one knows what it is going to be like but, heck we have hope to grasp onto now

So sweeten up a bit ya? :tongue:

@TheGrimm.5624 said:

Agree, I am happy to hear new news, but it was after the extended calls of players asking for the future vision. Before this point all we had was we are not working on an expansion and the idea is on the table. That left a bad impression with people. We won't be able to tell if this turn around was recent after lower earnings report and they again realized as they did prior to HoT that LW itself won't keep people and that they need to do more or it could have been a matter of getting greenlights on a project design that the business decision was better to say nothing versus we have something. This could relate back to the discussions about the 4th team as mentioned at the cryptic theatre reveal that left people more scratching their heads asking, what was this about again?

So yes, it was good news, but if this was what was hinted at before, then, yeah need to work on that. The fact that this was released as a post though in a blog, this would have been better a key-note at Pax East versus leaving players asking, why were you at Pax East?

You have to remember, this is an MMO. Players that spend 10K hours into something like to know that they are spending that time on something that is not near EoL.

Good gaming!

I remember this is an MMO. I remember people at Anet saying the game is not shutting down and they're working on stuff and they have some surprises. I remember people saying there'd never be an expansion before the first expansion was announced. The same thing happened.

Companies don't just say I'm going to do X or Y based on fans who are too impatient to wait. Sometimes it's because they're discussing options and sometimes it's because they're waiting for a strategic time to make an announcement. The problem is, none of what you says changes what I said at all. Not even one tiny little bit.

Anet was clearly coming out with content. They told us other things were coming specifically including swiss tournaments. Including this Visions of the Past thing. But thaqt wasn't good enough.

It's one thing for people to say they believe no expansion is coming. It's one thing for people to say they think there'll be no expansion. It's absoluteliy another thing for reddit to be taken over by a small hard core group of people misusing the word maintainence mode over and over again in every thread.

I never went into any of those threads and said there WILL be an expansion, though a couple of times I said I believe there will be one. How you phrase things is very important.

Do you know one of the most frequently asked questions on reddit by new people is whether or not the game is worth coming too because everyone seems to be saying it's in maintainence mode or shutting down. The implication to anyone reading is that no one is playing the game. One guy on reddit went from thread to thread posting an excerpt of a video by a well known streamer offering his opinion as if it was some sort of fact.

But this happened before. All of it. Tons of people said thered' never be an expansion. It went on for months. I said there would likely be an expansion, over and over again. Eventually I was proved right.

People said, Anet would have said somthing already if there was going to be expansion. I said companies decide when to announce things on their schedules not ours. That's always the cas.e

There's no real good excuse for people stating their own personal opinion as fact over and over again in every thread, particularly when it turns out ot be wrong. Defending those people is pointless because they were incorrect. All they did was hurt the game and the perception of the game. You may believe it's reasonable to say something as fact over and over again that you really have no idea about, but I don't think it is. I think that's unreasonable.

Sure you can believe there's no expansion coming. Sure you can say you believe it. But that is absolutely not what was happening.

Not going to rain on anyone's parade, but news like that:https://massivelyop.com/2020/03/13/ncsoft-arenanet-vp-of-marketing-left-guild-wars-2-for-wargaming/do not sound very optimistic. I mean, if the article is right, the head game director for GW2, the person that replaced MO, has been out of company for at least several months already, and yet we heard nothing of it.