should they increase ascended weapon damage?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No - l2p better. Even with ascended gear I see two players on the same build, weapons and gear do 4K or 22K damage per second.

How about framing the question better such as I do x DPS - what should I be getting on Y profession, I have my ascended gear...

While all my characters are equipped full ascended, I don't think ascended should give any more of a boost than it currently does. The preferred way of getting stronger in GW2 has always been player skill with gear playing only a secondary role. Open world content being balanced around exotic gear is something I fully support. Making the gap between exotic and ascended too big would invalidate a lot of content.

Oh look, it's this thread again.

Ascended is fine. It's also not as hard to get as you make it sound. Wherever you "need" it(Raids, Fractals, WvW) it is easy to obtain from drops or currency earned in said game modes. Everything else can be done in exotics.

@Roche.7491 said:Currently the hard work to get a full set of ascended does not equate to the tiny value it gives. Its like a piece of kitten for tons of hours and days

From what I read, this is not how Guild Wars 2 is designed.

The difference in effectiveness between different “rarities” is intentionally low and the time spent working on the equipment is irrelevant. Legendary equipment, for example, is as strong as ascended.

The reason is to not make something that require a lot of time mandatory and to allow “new players” (or any other player, even those with only “few time”) to enjoy everything about the game very soon. To allow people to freely take breaks from the game and return.

I chose Guild Wars 2 because there is a respect for the player as a person that is rarely seen in other online games.

@Roche.7491 said:Currently the hard work to get a full set of ascended does not equate to the tiny value it gives. Its like a piece of kitten for tons of hours and days

The only reason you need to craft ascended gear is if you intend to play fractals at T2 or higher.If you intend to play OW PvE, T1 Fractals, Raids, Strike Missions, or WvW, Exotic gear is 'endgame' gear.

No, IMO they should nerf it so that ascended/legendary only has an infusion slot over exotic. There's been so much power creep and you want to powercreep it more?

At its inception people were saying it is gear progression, at this point it is just a baseline standard where ascended weapon + trinkets without the armor has 98% effectiveness.

You don't win with stats in this game. A character geared in the free Exotics from level-up is just as capable as someone in full Ascended/Legendary. Try experimenting with your skill order, timing, and combinations, your positioning and tactics, enemy movements and weaknesses, other players, etc., etc.. Military types call these "force multipliers". In other words: "play".

You'd be amazed at the kinds of things you can do that the game doesn't force you to learn (or re-learn).

Haven't read through all the replies but I'm gonna say this anyway. Your low damage is not the result of bad gear. Your low damage is the result of your lack of knowledge of the game and your profession. A skilled player can EASILY out-dps the average player even if the skilled player only had exotics and the average player had full ascended. This game is a skill based game unless you only play open world or low tier fractals for example. You can't go into raids without actually practicing your profession and becoming efficient with it and its skillsets.

TLDR: Low damage = lack of skill and knowledge, high damage = skill, practice and knowledge.

@AliamRationem.5172 said:I think they should get rid of the stat boost on ascended/legendary and stick to QoL improvements. I heard something about a legendary armory that might fix my issues with this garbage build template system. That's worth a lot more to me than 5% stats!

if they were to let you change the stats of ascended gear like you can on legendary equipment there would be no insentive for people to make legendary gear? Can't seem to understand your logic here.

@Qiwiii.6517 said:

@AliamRationem.5172 said:I think they should get rid of the stat boost on ascended/legendary and stick to QoL improvements. I heard something about a legendary armory that might fix my issues with this garbage build template system. That's worth a lot more to me than 5% stats!

if they were to let you change the stats of ascended gear like you can on legendary equipment there would be no insentive for people to make legendary gear? Can't seem to understand your logic here.

I think you understand perfectly well that ascended gear has advantages over exotic other than the stat boost, actually.

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

I think you understand perfectly well that ascended gear has advantages over exotic other than the stat boost, actually.

You were complaining about the build template and I assume you mean that they should allow players to change stats depending on which gear template they use even though they only have ascended armor?

@Roche.7491 said:Currently the hard work to get a full set of ascended does not equate to the tiny value it gives.

Per item? Yeah, the math makes it seem tiny and one ring isn't going to do much. But it adds up quickly and even just a set of ascended trinkets and nothing else shows a pretty obvious boost in damage output (or whatever you're gearing for).

Its not the fact that ascended are unbalanced or not as OP or anything like that.What I see in the problem is that Exotic gear is WAY too easy to obtain. Yes ascended is slightly better nowhere close to relevant. The fact that Exotic gear shapes the end game just make grinding people see no reason to grind.I like it though, I hate grinding xD