[Answered] Why did we get DRMs instead of new Strikes? - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Living World

[Answered] Why did we get DRMs instead of new Strikes?

2>

Comments

• Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 10, 2021

@battledrone.8315 said:
    havent tried one, and i am not going to either. from what i have read, they are long and unrewarding. no thanks.

And they make up the majority of the story droplet we got in champions so far, so not doing them means not doing the story droplet.

• maddoctor.2738maddoctor.2738 Member ✭✭✭✭

@battledrone.8315 said:
    wow. if ncsoft really had another project, wouldnt they had hired a new team for it, so anet could focus their resources on this game??

No, why would they hire an entirely new team? Arenanet had the same resources and focus allocated on Guild Wars 2 as they had before those new projects started. The extra people hired where working on the new projects, and the number of those still working on Guild Wars 2 was the same (if not higher) than before.

and ncsoft is a huge company, they surely would have the resources to finish a project with a a few hundred employees, instead of just ditching it , and taking a loss

We don't know exactly why they ditched the project. Plus NCSoft has ditched many projects in the past, I've been in numerous closed beta tests for NCSoft games, and let me tell you, a lot of them never got released.

perhaps you are happy to pay for vaporware, but i am not

You are getting the exact same developer effort you always had. The new projects did not drain the resources from Guild Wars 2, they were -extra- additions.

• battledrone.8315battledrone.8315 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Fueki.4753 said:

@battledrone.8315 said:
    havent tried one, and i am not going to either. from what i have read, they are long and unrewarding. no thanks.

And they make up the majority of the story droplet we got in champions so far, so not doing them means not doing the story droplet.

im good with that. only played one mmo for the story, and that was swtor. and after the story in drizzlewood, i dont want to know more of this one
    dragons living INSIDE walls...no. just no

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@battledrone.8315 said:
    wow. if ncsoft really had another project, wouldnt they had hired a new team for it, so anet could focus their resources on this game??

No, why would they hire an entirely new team? Arenanet had the same resources and focus allocated on Guild Wars 2 as they had before those new projects started. The extra people hired where working on the new projects, and the number of those still working on Guild Wars 2 was the same (if not higher) than before.

and ncsoft is a huge company, they surely would have the resources to finish a project with a a few hundred employees, instead of just ditching it , and taking a loss

We don't know exactly why they ditched the project. Plus NCSoft has ditched many projects in the past, I've been in numerous closed beta tests for NCSoft games, and let me tell you, a lot of them never got released.

You are getting the exact same developer effort you always had. The new projects did not drain the resources from Guild Wars 2, they were -extra- additions.

if that was true, then why did gaile leave? did she work on the OTHER PROJECT too? they lost some of the more experienced GW2 personnel at the same
    time. how do you explain THAT?

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@battledrone.8315 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@battledrone.8315 said:

if that was true, then why did gaile leave? did she work on the OTHER PROJECT too? they lost some of the more experienced GW2 personnel at the same

She left on her own accord so other people that been with the company fewer years could stay

• Sobx.1758Sobx.1758 Member ✭✭✭✭

@battledrone.8315 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@battledrone.8315 said:

Buddy, what's your issue here?
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1398760#Comment_1398760
    You've recently said you've chosen another game that you enjoy and can play 24/7. Instead of sitting on a forum of the game you apparently hate for absolutely anything and everything, how about you just go play what you enjoy like you said you did? What exactly are you fighting for here?

@Sobx.1758 said:

@battledrone.8315 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@battledrone.8315 said:

You've recently said you've chosen another game that you enjoy and can play 24/7. Instead of sitting on a forum of the game you apparently hate for absolutely anything and everything, how about you just go play what you enjoy like you said you did? What exactly are you fighting for here?

wrong, core tyria is the best levelling experience i ever had, and that is what i am fighting for. and that door swings both ways, youre always in the forums too
    if you cant stand to read other opinions, then why are you here in the first place?

@Linken.6345 said:

@battledrone.8315 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@battledrone.8315 said:

She left on her own accord so other people that been with the company fewer years could stay

yep, and in which universe would losing experienced personnel NOT mean a resource drain? is it the same, where the expansions were successful?
    cause that would actually make some sense to me.

• Sobx.1758Sobx.1758 Member ✭✭✭✭

@battledrone.8315 said:

@Sobx.1758 said:

@battledrone.8315 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@battledrone.8315 said:

wrong, core tyria is the best levelling experience i ever had, and that is what i am fighting for. and that door swings both ways, youre always in the forums too
    if you cant stand to read other opinions, then why are you here in the first place?

When did I write that I can't stand reading other opinions? I'm not the one that claims that I "have chosen to play another game instead". :D

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 12, 2021

@battledrone.8315 said:

@Linken.6345 said:

@battledrone.8315 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@battledrone.8315 said:

yep, and in which universe would losing experienced personnel NOT mean a resource drain? is it the same, where the expansions were successful?
    cause that would actually make some sense to me.

So have you seen anyone take on Gailes jobb and talk to us?
    I havent so they cut a position they then dident deem nessesary to fill again.
    Btw what game was it that you could play all day everyday without repeating content?