WvW Has lost a great Commander and friend — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

WvW Has lost a great Commander and friend

Sir Bully Foot.9078Sir Bully Foot.9078 Member ✭✭✭
edited March 24, 2021 in WvW

I wanted to share this with everyone, one of our Guildies past away a few weeks ago to cancer, his name was Canis Lupis, he was the co guild leader of [Hate] and second wvw driver. He meant a lot to us and has been a huge impact to the Guild. He was a great friend and was always so positive in life. Anet blessed us with a shrine in his remembrance. It's located North camp. If you see the shrine, plz know he is watching.....

TY ANET, he loved this game mode since launch. And played it up to the coming months till he couldn't physically play anymore before his passing.
His presence will never be forgotten, ty all!!

King Bullyfoot

Comments

• Razz.9632Razz.9632 Member ✭✭

Oh sorry Bully, it's Megz.

• lovemghool.7613lovemghool.7613 Member ✭✭✭

sorry to hear it. I hope you and your guild will carry on in the game as a guild always.

best of luck to yall

• It's beautiful. I will visit him often.

• At the hills of bay sir canis, we shall meet again one day.
    You are dearly missed.
    -- Rias

• DeceiverX.8361DeceiverX.8361 Member ✭✭✭✭

Sad to hear about this news. I'm glad he has a shrine in remembrance nonetheless.
    Condolences to you, his friends, and family.

You sure that Sniper idea is as good as you thought it was gonna be?
    Because I think my original idea is better.

• Diku.2546Diku.2546 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 24, 2021

Only time heals...

It's moments like this...that make you realize just how important even the silly things in life...

Are sometimes the really important things that you'll treasure when you leave.

Hope the day you can find peace & comfort comes soon.

Diku

Yours truly,
    Diku

Credibility requires critical insight & time.
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/89449/wvg-world-vs-globes/p1

• :-(

NOOOOO!!

i was run over by Hate (US server guild) recently (within the last few weeks) and this saddens me...

"Bacon Defeciency DIsorder Sux"
    ~ The Baconnaire

• I'm so sorry to hear about Canis, my thoughts go to his family and friends. I remember following him in WVW back when I ran with HATE. He'll be missed. ~Nanaako~

• My condolences. Awesome tribute.

Tiff | [OP] Order of PUGs, Open WvW Community: https://discord.gg/WhfRKsw
    https://twitch.tv/TiffyBelle

• Sad to hear of his passing. I enjoyed running with him at my side or in the lead, awesome guy. To my brothers and sister of Hate, my heart goes out to you. Keep the passion and spirit going.

Kacing, Leef, Shiitakesan

• Farout.8207Farout.8207 Member ✭✭✭

Sorry for your loss. I didn't know him personally but he sounds like a really good dude.

~Cleetus

• Lan Deathrider.5910Lan Deathrider.5910 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'll be sure to go by North Camp when I can later and sing his legend for all the Mists to hear. I am sure his spirit is looking down and is touched by the love his guildmates have for him and it is special that Anet placed a shrine there for him. Any world on how long it will last?

• Milea.6043Milea.6043 Member ✭✭

Thank you Bully, Hate, KT, Anet, and SBI for all you have done for Canis and his family. I am heart-broken again and again. I miss everything about Canis from our late-night wolf talks to his little pony.
    I feel like it's time for you to come home.
    Love you,
    Milly

• Condolences. GW2 has provided a haven for so many that RL can never and the community can become family. May God give his soul comfort.

Adversity is the medium thru which strength and greatness are forged.

• Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm sorry for your loss man. :(

• Excursion.9752Excursion.9752 Member ✭✭✭✭

I did not know him personally but I am sorry to hear of the loss for his Family, Friends, and to the Guild Wars Community.

-Grief is just love with no place to go turn that love into something positive. Something in his memory.

There is a 50% chance you will not agree with me and a 50% chance I will not agree with you

• videoboy.4162videoboy.4162 Member ✭✭✭

I'm sorry for your loss.

• Condolences for your loss.

• Kovu.7560Kovu.7560 Member ✭✭✭✭

My condolences to you and your guild. Didn't know them, but knew of them. Glad Anet saw it to do this.
    We spend a lot of time in this subforum arguing with each other in part because this is a competitive gamemode, we're passionate, but if you take a moment to step back you'll realize this is one of the strongest and close-knit communities in mmo gaming. Reddit, the development team and the folks on the websites of other online games will often tell you as much, one of gw2's biggest strengths is its community.
    Clearly when people say stuff like that they're thinking of players like Canis Lupis.

I'll swing by and pay my respects on occasion.

~ Kovu

Ranger, Necromancer, Fort Aspenwood.

• Kylden Ar.3724Kylden Ar.3724 Member ✭✭✭✭

So sorry to hear this. There was a few times I got to run with him when the links were right, and there was a fun time when Elrenia [HELL] led a squad of us on a flanking attack to help Canis Lupus take SMC. Had to have been about a year ago. Good times.

He will be missed. There is so few of us long timers left in WvW these days it seems.

How many times we gotta tell you GRIND IS NOT CONTENT there ANet?

Leader of Tyrian Adventure Corp [TACO], member of [RaW][TACO][Owls][HELL] Alliance, Kaineng.

• After capping north camp tonight I took my group to the shrine. We kneeled and shared kind thoughts. Sad that you have lost such a friend. We've fought you, we've fought with you in links and we feel for you all. <3 Condolences <3

Just another WvW lifer who'll never say die... while dying again and again!

• Megastorm.6219Megastorm.6219 Member ✭✭
    edited March 25, 2021

Sorry for the loss of your friend Canis Lupis. I was thinking that it might be a respectful idea to have eternal memorial packages in-game. I would be interested in preserving some quotes and memories of fallen in-game comrades. With respect, the option could be named after your friend. Just some thoughts.

• Ghost.7032Ghost.7032 Member ✭✭

In the name of ex Red Guard member and System Of Law we send you our condolences.

Some of us have ran with him and also fought against him.
    One of the top commander I've seen in fights.

I am sorry to hear that another legend is gone.

He will be missed.

May hes soul rest in peace.

Respects from

SoL team

• Purr Kitten.8731Purr Kitten.8731 Member
    edited March 26, 2021

I go visit whenever i am in n camp. But it makes me so sad each time. An amazing tribute. Will miss Canis a lot.

-Cherry

• We fight on the field of battle, but the best part of this game is the people and friendships we meet along the way and is the reason I keep playing WvW. Sorry for your guilds loss and let's all hope we leave this game with a mark of greatness and impression on someone's life the way this person did.

-Fricken from CxC

• Fatherbliss.4701Fatherbliss.4701 Member ✭✭✭

Anet does an excellent job to support as in matters like this. Hail the traveler. May we remember all the clashes, the victories and the community itself. Thank you for posting this. I’ll be sure to visit that spot when I can.

Guild leader for Goats of Thunder. No pants allowed.

• Firebeard.1746Firebeard.1746 Member ✭✭✭✭

Sad news. I'm sorry.

• ProverbsofHell.2307ProverbsofHell.2307 Member ✭✭✭✭

Didn’t know him either but just wanted to give my condolences.

• Sorry to hear the bad news. Shout out to the [Hate} guild, hope you guys are doing ok. Sorry for the loss. - Toxxic

• My condolences to all. Thankyou Anet for that beautiful tribute. I remember his name and following him a few times. Though he may be gone in body, his soul continues on and the love he shared whilst living remains. Rest in Peace Canis. <3<3<3

• Spartacus.3192Spartacus.3192 Member ✭✭✭

Didn't know him but condolences to his friends and family and very nice of ANET to do this. Rest in Peace.

• Magnuzone.8395Magnuzone.8395 Member ✭✭✭

Sorry to hear that. My condolences. <3<3

• Caedmon.6798Caedmon.6798 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 26, 2021

Don't know him but wish his family and friends all the best with his passing. I think it;s great how Anet gave him his own place in WvW.

Rest in Peace.

• TheGrimm.5624TheGrimm.5624 Member ✭✭✭✭

Rest until your time comes again.

Envy the Madman his musing when Death comes to make fools of us all.
    De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.
    TheGrimm PoTBS/GW1/WAR/Rift/GW2/MWO/ESO/WoT/WoW/D2/Civ6/CU/AoC/NW

• TheGrimm.5624TheGrimm.5624 Member ✭✭✭✭

ANet, well done, TY.

Envy the Madman his musing when Death comes to make fools of us all.
    De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.
    TheGrimm PoTBS/GW1/WAR/Rift/GW2/MWO/ESO/WoT/WoW/D2/Civ6/CU/AoC/NW

• Blind.4162Blind.4162 Member ✭✭

TY ANet for memorial

Ginsuknives

• Rest in peace, a wolf amidst the stars. Never forgotten by your friends from OLD.

• As leader of SHLD on ET, we send our shout out to HATE guild. We appreciate people first - bagz are secondary to real life. Great tribute mates!

• Garkus.2183Garkus.2183 Member ✭✭

undefined
    clearly not,just the ones who made an impact through endeavour

• Skynet.7201Skynet.7201 Member ✭✭✭

Sending my heartfelt condolences to the guild, the friends, and the family.

• DesertSong.5603DesertSong.5603 Member
    edited April 3, 2021

Presses F Thank you for all the good times brother. You will be missed

• GoldenPants.1870GoldenPants.1870 Member ✭✭✭

kitten, my condolences to everyone that knew him.

• Pretor.5193Pretor.5193 Member ✭✭
    edited April 4, 2021

That's a good remembrance, just discovered today, in Baruch we have the same, two of our comanders has sleeping :( Misterius and Bloodhell, who worked for our server a lot.

In our guild Hall [BAY] we have remembrance monuments for those.

Rest in peace.

Founder: [BAY] & [WC] (Quincy).
    Join us to! BaruchBay.Eu, and if you are interested, you can collaborate with us, clicking here, We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Twitter: @BaruchBay.
    Facebook: @baruchbay
    Spotify: bahía-de-baruch

• This came to my knowledge so I went to the place where he's at. I crossed all map (i'm in an "enemy" server) just to pay my respects.
    Sorry for your loss. My condolences.. <3