What got you into Guild Wars 2? - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

What got you into Guild Wars 2?

2>

Comments

• None of these options cater to me, so I'm going to just pick this option right here and then post what the reason was.

played gw1 from prophecies to eotn all there was. when gw2 was announced i made a break from gw1 and did not finish all of the hall of monuments. then gw2 was released and 6 month after the release i looked at it and saw that gw2 suggested to have a living world. a world ever changing and it was even placed in my old tyria. so i got it. unfortunately the concept was to big for anet and they dropped the living world thing. until that happened i got some chars too far to just drop it and stop. after all the different gamestyles within the game keep me interested.

• Ayumi Spender.1082Ayumi Spender.1082 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Years ago, there was those free trial weekends. Doesn't hurt to try a game free before buying.

@Palador.2170 said:
    It's silly, but I kind of missed crafting things in EQ2. Of course, I didn't want to go back to EQ2, as that and some of the races were the only parts I liked.

Otherwise, I was perfectly happy playing CoH. Which NCSoft killed, right after GW2 came out.

It was around then CoH went down? I still miss CoH.

@Danikat.8537 said:
    If you're intending this to be a response to the '85% unhappy' topic I think it would be more helpful to ask what interested people in GW2 rather than where they heard it from. 2 people could both pick that a friend told them about it but one might have been entirely interested in PvE and another exclusively PvP, which is the aspect of the game the other topic/s are addressing.

I could technically pick 4 options: I played GW1 before GW2 was announced, but when it was announced I wasn't following news about the game that closely so it was friends telling me about it that got me to look into it and the trailers that convinced me I wanted to buy it. And throughout all of that it was the PvE aspects that interested me the most.

What got me interested in GW1 was simple: it was an MMO with no subscription and a low level cap (meaning it wasn't built to be an endless grind to progress) and the charr looked like nothing I'd ever seen before implying there was a fair bit of originality in the world design. When I got GW2 I was fully expecting that I'd keep playing GW1 as well, but over time I got more and more drawn into this game to the point where in the 2nd year I didn't even bother trying for a mini polar bear in GW1 which had been basically all my free time every Wintersday since I found out they existed. I do still play GW1 but very rarely compared to the sequel.

I don't mind PvP in theory, but I've always been more interested in the PvE aspects of all the games I've played with the sole exceptions of Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros. As a result I very rarely play PvP in any game (I think I've done 11 matches in GW2 and got up to about rank 114 in WvW). Balance issues don't bother me (see previous comment about Mario Kart and Smash Bros - two notoriously unbalanced games) because I never get into it enough to start worrying about that.

It was more of a "I don't want to know the general consensus of everyone who plays the game" as that's 100% impossible, even if I went in every zone and shouted in map on a link to this topic.
    More like at least wondering on those that come to the general board every so often on what got them into the game.
    Would be a better mix on knowing in general how someone got into the game than going into specific boards meant for specific areas to find out how someone got into something.
    Example would be if this was a music site and I went into the 80s to ask how people got into music and expecting the same outcome/thoughts/ideas if I went to the 90s board and asked the same thing.
    Wasn't meant to be some big poll on "We must know for Arenanet to change something", and just a stupid fun to get a simple conversation going.
    That and everyone usually has their own story on how they got into something. Which can be interesting to hear about.

• Donari.5237Donari.5237 Member ✭✭✭✭
    A friend/partner/boss/pet/demon/voice told me I should try it.

I'd been playing MMOs a good while (started on DaoC, moved to Horizons, from there to WoW, during WoW I tested the waters of many others such as Aion, Rift, LotRO, etc. But WoW (and my superb RP guilds there) kept pulling me back. A WoW friend kept going on and on about GW1, which never interested me (maybe due to videos of it being very low rez). Then he told us GW2 was coming, and got us to look at blogs and videos. I got hooked and hyped and psyched. Started in on gw2roleplayers.com , set up our guild, and when launch came we'd done all the betas and were in on early access.

I'm so happy my friend never gave up touting the game.

• DietPepsi.4371DietPepsi.4371 Member ✭✭✭
    The trailers/teasers for the game/expansion before/after it was released.

I think the first time I heard about GW2 was a little while before Launch. I saw some LPs of the Closed Betas on YouTube, and I watched the Class trailers, including the April Fools Commando Class trailer.

You stand to benefit more from making friends than you do making enemies.

• EdwinLi.1284EdwinLi.1284 Member ✭✭
    edited November 3, 2017
    I was/is a fan of the original Guild Wars game so the sequel got my attention.

I was a fan of GW1 when it came out and I started during Prophecy Era of GW1. I would spend hours on the game during my free time when I have nothing important to do.

The game was great for its time and probably is one of the Online game that started the trend for actual Storyline Scenario quests for Online Games.

The two classes I played as the most was Petless Ranger (during Prophacy Era) and Assassin (once Factions was released). These two Professions were my favorite out of all Professions and I put the most time in these two characters. However, I do not play Thief and Ranger in GW2 because they just do not fit the gameplay style I was looking for when I wanted to play as a pure Damge Dealer Stealth class as the Ranger became manditory to have pets on in GW2 Core Era and Thief's gameplay did not feel quite right for me in this game (despite my default character are often Assassin type Characters) and Thief lacked there Shadow Attacks they had back in GW1 when it was Assassin.

• DeceiverX.8361DeceiverX.8361 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 3, 2017
    Wherever I heard it from, the one thing that got my interest was the WvW aspect.

Feedback should be taken with a grain of salt because a lot of the mentality of what built up previous communities is also what has driven people away from the game based on a change of vision from the original. It'd make most sense for people still playing to be mostly enjoying the game based on the features given the most attention and support. Granted, I guess "what got you into" is pretty relative. Are we talking first considerations or the real reason why we thought the game was worth investing time into and stayed playing?

Ultimately my response is a mixed bag. I play games for PvP. I was quitting another PvP-based MMO and looking for another that wasn't P2W, and saw an in-depth promo article in an issue of GameInformer that I got for free like a year before it launched. Automatically I was interested by the business model and the reputation of the company/local developers.

What I can say is that the WvW intrigue number is definitely lower than it was near launch. Everyone got involved way back when. It was one of the huge selling points about this game everywhere you looked because it was basically taking on the DAoC crowd, the Korean-grinder-open-pk crowd, WoW faction battle-lords, and so on.

You sure that Sniper idea is as good as you thought it was gonna be?
    Because I think my original idea is better.
    Quit/Inactive. No, you can't have my stuff.

• Myhr.9108Myhr.9108 Member ✭✭✭
    Wherever I heard it from, the one thing that got my interest was the PvE aspect.

Open World PvE in GW2 is exactly what I was looking for : gorgeous environments that leads to interesting exploration with dynamic combat that enforces cooperation rather than competition. It's never a bad surprise when someone else show up when you're doing an event, and I love that.

• STIHL.2489STIHL.2489 Member ✭✭✭✭
    None of these options cater to me, so I'm going to just pick this option right here and then post what the reason was.

I was tired of my last MMO, and spent quite a bit of time looking into what MMO's were out there, GW2, scored top of the charts on several sites, and after reading reviews, watching trailers, and looking into it, I decided to buy it. There was nothing random about my decision to come to this game.

There are two kinds of Gamers, Salty, and Extra Salty.
    Ego is the Anesthesia that dullens the pain of Stupidity.

• TexZero.7910TexZero.7910 Member ✭✭✭✭

played original GW with friends had fun, played GW2 with same friends until just before LW S1 went into the non-fetch quest. They got bored and left the game. I stuck it out for the most part.

• I was/is a fan of the original Guild Wars game so the sequel got my attention.

Friend bought gw1 many moons ago. I remember giving him kitten for it, being a nerdy mmo while we were cool fps players at the time. I knew enough about them from playing other rpgs and knowing about wow, I told him I hated idea of monthly subs, and what bugged me a lot about games like that was being locked into skills you've selected to level up and how it was either expensive or impossible to go a different build route if you changed how you want to play down the road. As soon as he said "no monthly fee and you can swap skills and attribute in town whenever you want" I was impressed at the idea, hadn't seen that before in a game. Decided to pick the game up and we binged pretty hard on it, played through all expansions when they came out, duo farmed uw, had tons of fun for years.

We recently finished playing through Pof together like old times, I had a lot of flashbacks to our youth, I got a little overwhelmed. All the kitten gw2 gets sometimes, it's core principles and game design have still kept me playing. Ty anet!

• A friend/partner/boss/pet/demon/voice told me I should try it.

A friend was looking for games we could play together and suggested GW2 to me. He already had an account but I was hesitant. I bit the bullet and tried it. I Loved it and kept playing but he never got back into it.

• Dreamy Lu.3865Dreamy Lu.3865 Member ✭✭✭✭

We were a bunch of friends, playing Myst, Riven, Uru and co together, and when those come to end, we all swapped to GW1. It was a discovery for us after games of the type Myst & Uru. We enjoyed immediately. We made a guild to be together. We had big fun. When GW2 was announced, it did seem totally logical to go for it. We simply pre-ordered it altogether again, reserved names of our GW1 toons to have them back in GW2, and started there, creating the same guild. As of today, we keep playing and enjoying both games. =) <3

I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message...

• NotASmurf.1725NotASmurf.1725 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 3, 2017

GW1 was the best PvP experience of my life, but it had some flaws that surfaced later that hindered its growth. When I heard Anet was making a sequel where they were going to "include everything we loved, but improve wherever they can" I was super hyped.

Turns out they patched out the "flaw" where PvP was diverse, fun, rewarding, and competitive. In the first few years I still held out hope and while the combat was different it was exceptional, but HoT completely destroyed PvP and it's been on a decline ever since.

• None of these options cater to me, so I'm going to just pick this option right here and then post what the reason was.

I was an avid GW player but what kept me going in GW2 was the Charr and the Engineer class. More specifically Engineering Kits. The very thing that has been undesired for so long now (in PvP, which I play most). 😭

I gained interest because I watch the yogscast, and their in-depth preview of how things worked in the game caught my attention.

"Self awareness is knowing when you're sitting at the throne of ignorance." --Leo G.

• The trailers/teasers for the game/expansion before/after it was released.

Hmm, I actually forgot where I heard it from first, but ya, I was reading info from GW2 page before game was even released. I can remember that. The hype was real. A little bit after release I met a guy on a datesite and before I visited him I bought 2 copies of GW2 (it was not F2P back then) and gave him one as a gift. Pricey (and naive), sure, but we are still friends and he has more than repaid me. I could be dead now without him. I should win in lottery and get him HoT and PoF and PoF for myself, but unfortunately I'm plainly broke. He needs a change of pace because his main place is Silverwastes events, where you get a lot of loot and a lot of gold. I also need a change of pace, I find myself often stuck with Total Makeover Kit. I try to make everything perfect but it's impossible, I will never be satisfied unless I forget it.
    Now I've come back after a little break and I think GW2 is better than WoW. I did try it for a month but it just sucks. Not worth paying sub for. Not even Legion. Mount drop rates are as bad as ever. WoW community is going downhill... Another game for me would be Wildstar. But it does not have as much content as GW2.

• Haleydawn.3764Haleydawn.3764 Member ✭✭✭✭

My now Husband bought me the game 3 months after release, for my birthday. I now play more than he does and have 20k more AP.

Better get a wriggle on.

• I was/is a fan of the original Guild Wars game so the sequel got my attention.

I was playing GW1 since 2007, when GW2 was announced I wasn't me who made decision to play it. Decision made itself.
    I simply love this franchise. There was no way for me to avoid this game.

"Raising a building is like fighting a war...except you're hammering on something that's dead."

I remember a lot of hype around Gw2, so I thought "why not give a shot" But the name and the content didnt' really live up to the hpye. I wouild have been so much happier if there was world pvp and Guilds vs Guilds in that massive world we played on. Im thinking of returning, but first scouting the forums.

I was looking for a new game to play since before GW2 I had always played f2p MMORPG's which tend to turn into pay2win games sooner or later and the few that didn't where mostly about grinding the newest stuff as soon as possible to stay competitive. Then along game GW2 and they promised us there would be no grind, no pay2win etc, I believe they even said that we'd only have to buy the game and would never have to pay for content ever (until they decided to release an expansion) and at that time it sounded awesome and so me and a few of my friends bought it, played the beta weekends and most of my friends went back to playig WoW. I stayed and convinced another friend of mine to start gw2 and I've been playing GW2 ever since with him. Although I did take a few breaks from the game, especially after HoT release and if my buddy hadn't gifted me HoT I would've quit GW2 back then. (Release another expansion like HoT and I'm gone :) )

As the old worlds fall behind
    Our spirit reaches wide
    With no fear breathing new life
    Awaken from the dark dark slumber

Wintersun - Awaken from the dark slumber (Spring) - Part II The Awakening

I enjoyed the original Guild Wars, though I can't say I played as much I probably should have. I really enjoy the GW1 elements in POF.

When a man lies he murders some part of the world – Paul Gerhardt
    Just so we’re clear, I’m a solo player – Kirito
    Live, Laugh, Love Kill Zhaitan Mordremoth Balthazar Joko Kralkatorrik my desire for the Skyscale I don't know... – DedTreeJig

• costepj.5120costepj.5120 Member ✭✭✭

I switched from WoW to GW1 in 2009 and never looked back :)

So long and thanks for all the Skritt

• Lilyanna.9361Lilyanna.9361 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 3, 2017
    After the game went free to play, I was more intrigued to try it out.

Got bored with animu titled mmos and my boyfriend at the time introduced me to this.

This is the only reliable mmo as of now that I know won't default to the subscription garbage that they have for mmos nowadays. I love the kitten clothes, I love Elementalist too kitten much, and the weapon styles and minis keeps feeding my addiction to collect random, expensive kitten without putting weight on my wallet.

Can't ask for anything more tbh.

• Chorne.8195Chorne.8195 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 3, 2017
    None of these options cater to me, so I'm going to just pick this option right here and then post what the reason was.

I was trying to find MMORPGs to play that didn't constantly eat all the money out of my pocket with a subscription, and I went looking on crappy websites to find one. Eventually I came across GW2 and watched the trailers, and fell head over heels in love with it. I bought HoT when I killed Zhaitan on my main Elementalist.

I've been playing for two years and I am still obsessed with it. I haven't ever really played any other MMOs, so this game hasn't really lost its initial magic for me.
    I also was only two when Guild Wars came out, so I obviously never got into it. ( I do play it time to time though, and honestly don't enjoy it as much as Guild Wars 2. It just doesn't seem like I have the freedom to explore that I have in Guild Wars 2, which is one of my favorite parts of it. )

I'm a bit bummed out though because everyone at my school started playing ESO because they only have consoles. ( I live in the sticks ) and I don't have anyone to play GW2 with.

Never thought, that tehre are so many gw1-player still in the game. The game is so different from gw1, that 80% of my old guild left the game (don't start with gw2).

ArenaNets balancing concept: Never change a ruined system

I knew GW2 from Thalbachin's facebook page about two months ago. The game is different from any other games that I've played.
    Actually, I've never heard of Guild Wars before.

• Imperadordf.2687Imperadordf.2687 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 4, 2017

My favourite game channel's owner was a GW2 fan. Just wanted to try out and now I play this game more than the time I spend on my life.

• SkyShroud.2865SkyShroud.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭

Buy to play

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International PvX Guild
    Henge of Denravi Server
    www.gw2time.com

--

Explanations of WvW Structures & Populations Issues

• Rognik.2579Rognik.2579 Member ✭✭✭

How did you know a demon told me about...? I mean, I played the original game and thus looked forward to the sequel. Mallyx had absolutely no influence on my decision.

While I played through GW1 and half of Nightfall, I wasn't much into it overall.
    City of Heroes, however, was my Mecca. That got cancelled, this came out shortly after, I watched some trailers, and it filled the hole in my soul. Even if it did probably play a part in NCSoft's canning of CoH.

• Zedek.8932Zedek.8932 Member ✭✭✭

I held up a huge dislike for U.S. MMORPGs, mostly because WoW is cringy and ugly, this wanna-be J.R.R. Tolkien world and then Pandas. Whenever I walked into our local electronics store and saw the cardboard cutouts I just skipped by. Also, I just had laptops, so no actual GPU power going on. In 2013 I had plans to get a tower PC and got it. My cousin, a die hard Final Fantasy fan said that we both play FF14 then. He quitted after A Realm Reborn, and I got stuck there and FF14 became more and more garbage. Since 2010, my first character in League of Legends being Tristana, I mostly and solely enjoyed playing diminutive races. Lalafell in FF14, mained mostly Yordles in LoL. So I required an MMO with a small race that is adorable (read as: No gnomes). There was TERA and GW2. First the Asura were so .. weird that I checked gameplay videos and found GW2 to look like it's from 1998. (Punch me for that, but the Norn stater zone is green and blue and looks like a map from SUDDEN STRIKE). TERA fell flat because people said it has no substance. Then I tried it once again on Youtube, and then it happened:

A German female player, a female Asura engineer totally in pink, waved into the camera, then zoomed out and burnt people with her flamethrower. I was totally jumped in my seat! On the date of Heavensward release, I uninstalled FF14 and pre-ordered HoT. And I hate it so much I never considered Guild Wars. Now I am here, and I have the feel the game gets better and better (unlike FF14, which is stalled and on the way down because of that incompetent Yoshida guy).

I am glad I have GW2 on my hard drive. A great story, my (our all) character is well-written and the German voice acting is also very, very well done. Graphics are sometimes a bit dated, but when I saw the reflections on the shards of the Raptor and the detailled textures on the springer, I always forget about it. Deadeye is probably the coolest profession(branch) in a MMORPG I have seen so far, and my Asura is easily the most satisfying character I played as. Thanks to many decisions done by Anet (nice tech support, great converations with Gaile on forum matters, etc.) and clever gating decisions (dying clothes is a joke in FF14 and expensive, here it's not) and the possibility to buy lesser currencies (Gold) with real money to save me from grinding frustrations as well as the permanent character development through the masteries make me stay.

I have never ever been a fanboy for something before, but I can not defend GW2 enough. And I am gladly here to spend more money on it. So, aNet, go on!

Excelsior, my name is Zedexx; Asuran Deadeye and assassin.
    The Hunter / 2x Darksteel Pistols / 2x Whisper's Secret Daggers and my Springer. That's all I need and trust.
    "We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!"

• Astra Lux.2846Astra Lux.2846 Member ✭✭
    edited November 5, 2017

I loved Guild Wars and most of the ppl I played with more or less retired so I came onto GW2. It took me a while to accept that it wasn't Guild Wars in anything but name and that they had overshot by light years in their attempt to distance the game from its predecessor. It looks like Anet recognises this on some level with the game slowly evolving into Nostalgia Wars when it's not being ridiculous. I recently came back after a year or so hiatus and I having fun again, so that is pretty cool beans. I still log onto GW1 every now and then, and while its population is always surprising, it is slowly becoming more of a ghost town.

A friend told me GW2 was coming out and told me I should try the trial weekends to see if I would like it. I did that and liked the game.

• I was/is tired of another game and just decided to give it a try after randomly searching for an alternative.

I had seen the slow destruction of the community in warcraft, starting with recount (dps meter) then some kind of achievement numbers you 'had to' have.. it seemed every month some tool made a new way to sub divide the community even more - and they lapped it up. The funny thing was, although at that time warcraft had 3 separate talent (trait) trees and many ways to pick your talents, because everyone used a dps meter, everyone had to have the same talents that some spreadsheet wizard had calculated gave the best dps.. so the dev team might as well as just cut down the choice to those talents.

I could go on.. man it was toxic. going through an entire dungeon and no one spoke until the end then a quick /gg if you were lucky and off to the next one. raids were even worse.

I see GW2 going a little bit in that direction but Im having no part of it. I have played every major mmo since Asheron's call came out in 1999 - Asheron's Call, then dark age of camelot, anarchy online, horizons, eve online, LOTRO, EQ2, warcraft, Asherons Call 2, and about 6 others I can't even remember.
    I play for fun and to relax, not to satisfy some nutjob I don't even know because he's in a hurry to speedrun a dungeon so he can speedrun another dungeon (it's almost always younger males)

I saw the teasers for GW2 and listened to Colin expalin how you can just roll up to an event and participate - you don't neeed anyone's permission you just take part. It didn't hurt the graphics were amazing.
    My guardian and I have had many adventures since then and I look forward to many more. Just don't expect to see me in any raids :)

• Nuka Cola.8520Nuka Cola.8520 Member ✭✭✭✭

GW1, the better game of the two.

My friends had been playing for a while and suggested I try it out on a free weekend. I'm still here and they've all left the game.

I'm not asocial, I'm selectively social. There's a difference.

• titje.2745titje.2745 Member ✭✭✭
    I was/is tired of another game and just decided to give it a try after randomly searching for an alternative.

i played wow before but there was something negative with it but i forgot it. so i wanted gw2 as alternative. dont care for other mmo's. played 2 gw2 beta's and pre ordered it. dunno if i needed a pre order to play the beta, its long ago. and played at release and few months after i hit lvl 80 i quit. game was too difficult compared to wow that i already learned in years. new start is hard, and making money in gw2 was difficult for me so i go back to wow. (easy way) but i few times came back to gw2 to give it a try. in 2015 i quit wow and then i did halloween event 2 weeks and quit again. then early 2016 i played again 2 weeks and quit. then march or something i tried it again (i forced me to like the game, nice graphics and i paid for it) then i got in a nice guild and they are very helpful. i played some days or weeks and liked the game but i had a problem. i needed bag slots and more upgrades so i bought heart of thorns deluxe edition and with those gems i bought upgrades :) and now i am still playing gw2 :D
    gw2 made me think less on WoW so it was easyer to permanently stop with wow. my last day in wow was 21-10-2015 :D

gw2 is much better for me :D

• cakemonkey.6347cakemonkey.6347 Member
    edited November 5, 2017

Had to go with the none. What got me in was the fact we got an MMO that was different endgame from the others. No Raiding/Trinity, not a massive gear grind. This was based on launch, not over time as game changed.

Edit - Oh and how could I forget. An MMO with no sub. I don't mind paying upfront but I got tired of the pay a monthly sub, buy expansion model.

• Inoki.6048Inoki.6048 Member ✭✭✭

Friends who got bored and left after the mistake that HoT is so they don't have to deal with more of ANet's failures.

• blambidy.3216blambidy.3216 Member ✭✭✭

@Inoki.6048 said:
    Friends who got bored and left after the mistake that HoT is so they don't have to deal with more of ANet's failures.

Honestly. When people say hot failed I still can't see why people hated hot tbh. Hot is still fun. And mordremoth in the story chap was epic.

• DearlyMe.5320DearlyMe.5320 Member ✭✭✭

Friend played it since launch and has been trying to get me to but my last computer wasn't the best for games. Something of this scale would just hurt it. After I got a more powerful one, I finally gave in and have been playing almost every day. I already surpassed her in number of characters. A lot of what GW2 does caters to my style of gaming. I no longer have the patience for the grind of the others. I don't like feeling trapped in a constant story that doesn't let me progress on the map beyond what I haven't completed. Skills being tied to weapons makes even two of the same profession feel new and different from each other, so I never get terribly burnt out on playing. I can be as stubbornly independent as I want. The lore and worldbuilding is as detailed as I love. It even made me love all the races. I said I'd never make an asura and charr when I first started. Charr still aren't high on my list, but I did make three and am working on one as my first maxed elemental. Asura, however, are in a battle with sylvari for the number one spot.

Mains :: Gwenyna (Sylvari Chronomancer) and Nyniendha (Sylvari Reaper)
    7 Sylvari | 7 Asura | 3 Norn | 3 Human | 4 Charr
    https://dearlyme.tumblr.com/

friend kept hyping it up, decided to get it to shut em up lol.

My boyfriend was playing this game and wouldn't spend time with me. We got into a huge fight about how he alway playing this stupid game instead of hanging out with me. He promised to stop playing to hang out with me, i felt bad so i bought the game to see what is all the fuss about (the only game i've ever played in my life, not counting plant vs. zombies). I got hook on it, even after he already moved o to abother game, i am still playing and keep him updated on what is going on in Tyria

• Supz.9836Supz.9836 Member ✭✭

First and foremost it WAS advertised as the MMO without the grind. The combat was fairly unique and the graphics and maps are visually stunning.

Another mmo I was playing for several years although the gameplay and character customisation was amazing had far too many bugs

• Swagg.9236Swagg.9236 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 6, 2017

And everything in the GW2 MMO Manifesto trailer was a lie.

• Leo G.4501Leo G.4501 Member ✭✭✭✭

NCSoft killed my old game.

I don't do brand loyalty though. Even if they made a mistake, I'm going to play whatever actually interests me and the games that were exposed to me the most were SWTOR, Wildstar, Blade and Soul and GW2.

• Jwake.7013Jwake.7013 Member ✭✭✭
    I was/is tired of another game and just decided to give it a try after randomly searching for an alternative.

Was getting tired of the first mmo I had ever played called Spiral Knights when their content releases slowed way down and there wasn't much to do anymore but grind. So I started trying to look for something new that didn't have a subscription. Lo and behold I ran into it browsing amazon, read some reviews and comments that were recent then and that inspired me to give it a try. Three plus years later, so glad I did.

"Freedom is something that you need to actively acquire. It's not something that's given with no strings attached. To be free means to take responsibility, and to prepare yourself for what's to come." ~Charles Beams~

I thought, this game would bring a revolution to the mmo genre. well it didn't, so i quited.
    I am now into the Pearl Abyss ;)

• Ellisande.5218Ellisande.5218 Member ✭✭✭

It was on sale for $30 years and years ago and promised to be a much better game than GW1 offering much more fleshed out PvE content which of course it does.

Play it since the release 5 years ago,leaving it and coming back a lot of time,it s love-hate relationship.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.