Longbow is NOT 1500 Range — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Longbow is NOT 1500 Range

CantoGuy.6459CantoGuy.6459 Member ✭✭
edited April 22, 2018 in WvW

I don't care if it's not viable in zergs this auto attacking/rapid firing kitten is at least 1800 range and is just about the most annoying and most heavily abused weapon in the game! Please remove that 300 range buffer on this overused weapon

Best Answers

<134

Answers

• Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 22, 2018

Range in this game dont work well, ive been in situations where hammer rev range is like 800-100, and soemtimes over 1200 to hti cannons from wall on SMC (like many things on this game that feel that this game is in beta state), and some even cheat to get their range incrased.

• I use Engineer and mostly use the mortar as my main weapon. Even with 1500 range and a little aoe circle, if I'm fighting a Ranger with their 1500 longbow range I can't reach them while they can reach me.

But I try not to fuss over it. There are many more problems that should have priority to be fixed.

• Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 22, 2018

Projectiles do seem to reach farther than non-projectile skills with the same range/ targeted projectiles

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

You can easily test this. Most auto attacks work that way too.

There is a range where your auto attacking is turned off but you are still able to hit targets. That's when you notice you are technically attacking outside the attack range. I would assume that this is because of movement that might prevent an auto attack that SHOULD connect from missing.

Bite me.

• XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 22, 2018

Yes longbows seem to have longer range than listed, I don't know if that has to do with piercing on it on or not. You can compare it to every other projectile in the game and they tend to be within their range, but if you check like shooting smc second floor cannons or south hills cannon, rangers can hit those easily while say an elementalist might have problems with their projectile attacks.

Certainly does travel a little further if you're shooting downwards, as then even elementalist attacks like staff fire 1 tend to travel a little further than normal. More realistic? maybe, not sure it's fair to have longbows have that extra range, since they already have the longest range in the game for players anyways. If there's a drop off range, then instead of happening from like 1500-1800 it should be happening between 1200-1500 instead.

"Is there pvp stuff for this?" "Absolutely, eh we actually have a new armor set coming soon."
    "From the back of the room!, the one pvp fan! we got him! WoAH!"
    || Stealth is a Terribad Mechanic ||

• Balthazzarr.1349Balthazzarr.1349 Member ✭✭✭

@XenesisII.1540 said:
    Yes longbows seem to have longer range than listed, I don't know if that has to do with piercing on it on or not. You can compare it to every other projectile in the game and they tend to be within their range, but if you check like shooting smc second floor cannons or south hills cannon, rangers can hit those easily while say an elementalist might have problems with their projectile attacks.

Certainly does travel a little further if you're shooting downwards, as then even elementalist attacks like staff fire 1 tend to travel a little further than normal. More realistic? maybe, not sure it's fair to have longbows have that extra range, since they already have the longest range in the game for players anyways. If there's a drop off range, then instead of happening from like 1500-1800 it should be happening between 1200-1500 instead.

I hate to agree, being a Soulbeast LB user... but I agree.. ;)

Just another WvW lifer who'll never say die... while dying again and again!

• DeadlySynz.3471DeadlySynz.3471 Member ✭✭✭✭

@CantoGuy.6459 said:
    I don't care if it's not viable in zergs this auto attacking/rapid firing kitten is at least 1800 range and is just about the most annoying and most heavily abused weapon in the game! Please remove that 300 range buffer on this overused weapon

It is viable in zergs, it's a Scourges worst nightmare.. you know.. those classes that everyone seems to hate and thinks their invincible? As for it being 1800.. no clue and don't care. I just like to shoot necros from afar while they remain helpless.

• ArchonWing.9480ArchonWing.9480 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 22, 2018

@DarkReaver.8437 said:
    I use Engineer and mostly use the mortar as my main weapon. Even with 1500 range and a little aoe circle, if I'm fighting a Ranger with their 1500 longbow range I can't reach them while they can reach me.

But I try not to fuss over it. There are many more problems that should have priority to be fixed.

That's because the pea shooter fires too slow. If the target is moving even a little, it's pretty much impossible to hit while their arrows will track you. In practice, it's a short range weapon.

• Kovu.7560Kovu.7560 Member ✭✭✭✭

Yes, lets nerf a longbow ranger's viability and bring them down to the scourge's level. =<

The threads I see sometimes.

~ Kovu

Ranger main before it was viable.
    Fort Aspenwood.

• FASTCAR.7831FASTCAR.7831 Member ✭✭✭

@CantoGuy.6459 said:

1500 for sure, measured
    If use to 1200 then 1500 seems LONG

LEGENDARY FASTCAR
    YOUTUBE BOOSTEDLASER

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

And if projectiles were locked at 1500 range it would leave the archer archetype rangers INCREDIBLY vulnerable.

This seems to imply that the "archer archetype" doesnt have melee weapons when people get up close. They do.

Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

• anduriell.6280anduriell.6280 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 23, 2018

Nah come on, this scourge is playing in WvW, this complains aren't even in PvP.
    This is clearly a L2P issue.

• aspirine.6852aspirine.6852 Member ✭✭✭✭

Let me guess. You play a necro? :)
    Thanks God for rangers to deal with that scourge epidemic.

• Inoki.6048Inoki.6048 Member ✭✭✭

Rangers are fine, nothing to nerf here. In fact, I believe they've reached a stage where they seem pretty balanced, both condi and power wise.

What bothers me is that the rifle doesn't have the arcing projectile feature. They should at least be on par so classes like Deadeye become useful in defending towers because that could be one of their primary uses in WvW. They would make excellent sentries. For all I care, remove their DJ and give them more range, that could make it a lot more interesting.

@OP, Even the slightest narrow terrain renders a projectile invalid, so don't complain if you go against a ranged class, stand there and get killed. Use your brain a little. Terrain diversity, especially on maps like the desert borderland, is huge. Use it to your advantage and hide behind the nearest obstacle or just get as far as you can and wait for a proper opportunity to engage a ranger.

It's silly that people have to remind you of basic, common sense and you come demand for nerfs out of something that is your own fault.

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Inoki.6048 said:

@OP, Even the slightest narrow terrain renders a projectile invalid, so don't complain if you go against a ranged class, stand there and get killed. Use your brain a little.

While the OP's point is valid, I'd argue that it is compensated by the reality that even the slightest incline in terrain can block a LB. True, if you adopt the correct strategy which is to be on the high ground, you have no problems, but really I don't see Rangers tearing up WvW in any way shape or form. If you made a list of the Top 5 professions that were melting you in WvW, I doubt Ranger LB would appear.

• Inoki.6048Inoki.6048 Member ✭✭✭

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Inoki.6048 said:

@OP, Even the slightest narrow terrain renders a projectile invalid, so don't complain if you go against a ranged class, stand there and get killed. Use your brain a little.

If you made a list of the Top 5 professions that were melting you in WvW, I doubt Ranger LB would appear.

of course not. With this much projectile hate they barely make it there and possibly never will. With the addition of Soulbeast and a change of other traits they finally do decent damage on long range.

• Mil.3562Mil.3562 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 23, 2018

@CantoGuy.6459 said:

Another cry wolf Necro (who is the most broken meta class in WvW). I guess you guys are hoping ANet will nerf all ranged classes (first was thief''s PP and Rifle, now ranger's longbow) so that scrouges are untouchable and will reign supreme in WvW? Nice try though : D

• Arcaedus.7290Arcaedus.7290 Member ✭✭✭✭

It is indeed a feature but that doesn't mean it's exempt from nerfs.

The more level-headed of us understand the fact that many arcing projectiles in this game travel further than advertised range. That magnitude of the extra distance buffer in my opinion is what needs to be nerfed. OP is right; ranger's longbow in particular actually does travel something like 1800-1900 range (effect is more pronounced if target is equal or lower elevation than you). A friend measured it once and told me the distance was about equal to JI + sword 2 on guardian (1200 teleport + 600 teleport).

Having a distance/range buffer is fine, but not a nearly 25% distance buffer. It should be more like 5-10%, so +100 units putting longbow at 1600 total range is fine. Honestly if you're noticing considerably worse results with a 1600 range vs. 1900 range attack that means you're getting carried by an unintended feature.

• Mini Crinny.6190Mini Crinny.6190 Member ✭✭✭

Rangers are really annoying to fight against but like what has been said many times is don't fight them in open field, just use a rock and they will come to you

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Arcaedus.7290 said:

It is indeed a feature but that doesn't mean it's exempt from nerfs.

The more level-headed of us understand the fact that many arcing projectiles in this game travel further than advertised range. That magnitude of the extra distance buffer in my opinion is what needs to be nerfed. OP is right; ranger's longbow in particular actually does travel something like 1800-1900 range (effect is more pronounced if target is equal or lower elevation than you). A friend measured it once and told me the distance was about equal to JI + sword 2 on guardian (1200 teleport + 600 teleport).

Having a distance/range buffer is fine, but not a nearly 25% distance buffer. It should be more like 5-10%, so +100 units putting longbow at 1600 total range is fine. Honestly if you're noticing considerably worse results with a 1600 range vs. 1900 range attack that means you're getting carried by an unintended feature.

At the risk of sounding glib, as I don't mean to dismiss the OP's point, what if ANET Just updates the tooltip on the Longbow to reflect its current range of 1800 - 1900units? Then what?

Does the LB have a longer range than advertised on the tooltip? I won't dispute it - I don't know why anyone would make up a story, and I haven't tested it, so I'm 100% a believer.

That however, doesn't change the reality that the LB Ranger is one of the least represented professions in WvW. That's an anecdotal observation mind you ; I have no facts to back that statement up, but one has to only read the WvW forums to get a general grasp of how LB rangers are regarded in WvW. In fact, Rangers are considered to be the only real counter to the Necro, which usually tops the list of what people complain about when it comes to WvW.

Doesn't seem to me that this fix would actually fix anything. If the LB didn't shoot farther than 1500 units, the WvW landscape would remain unchanged. That's a poor excuse to not fix something that's broken - I agree, but there are other priorities I think that should be focused on to make WvW more enjoyable for all.

• @Whiteout.1975 said:
    A quick little Wiki search never hurt anyone... https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Long_Range_Shot same for skills 2-4.

Under the Notes it states "The projectile flies in a small arc and can actually hit targets outside of the maximum range." So there is your brief explanation as to why...

I love that I already gave this explanation, but no one seems to have noticed.

The Charr shall rule!

• Whiteout.1975Whiteout.1975 Member ✭✭✭

@Uden Reavstone.3426 said:

@Whiteout.1975 said:
    A quick little Wiki search never hurt anyone... https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Long_Range_Shot same for skills 2-4.

Under the Notes it states "The projectile flies in a small arc and can actually hit targets outside of the maximum range." So there is your brief explanation as to why...

I love that I already gave this explanation, but no one seems to have noticed.

xD Yea... I Usually just link it, because it shows up in red and is more of an attention grabber. Also it's there for anyone who is to lazy to look it up... so it's a win-win.

• reddie.5861reddie.5861 Member ✭✭✭

who cares like some1 mentioned, commanders now want only scourge/fb and maybe some other kitten.
    the classes that used to roam around the zergs smashing squeezy classes fast and easy are not welcome anymore all these classes have left you silly metabuild blob guys to die.

im even laughing when i see how blob get picked off by roamers i could stop them but instead i encourage em :D

• BlaqueFyre.5678BlaqueFyre.5678 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365 said:
    Projectiles do seem to reach farther than non-projectile skills with the same range/ targeted projectiles

No even projectiles from Rifles/Pistols don’t have the 15% Range Buffer even though a Dev Stated all Attacks are supposed to have the Range Buffer for tracking purposes, only some skills have it like Mesmer GS, Bows, Ele Staff Attacks and all Melee Weapons

• Arcaedus.7290Arcaedus.7290 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 23, 2018

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

No even projectiles from Rifles/Pistols don’t have the 15% Range Buffer even though a Dev Stated all Attacks are supposed to have the Range Buffer for tracking purposes, only some skills have it like Mesmer GS, Bows, Ele Staff Attacks and all Melee Weapons

This is interesting and sheds new light on the argument I think:

The purpose of the range buffer could be to account for horizontal/lateral tracking (target moving perpendicular to your projectile) rather than for proximal/distal tracking (target moving away from you/in-line with your projectile).

A quick explanation: If a projectile is set to travel x units in 1 second, it will move faster the larger x is. To account for a target at 1500 range simply moving left/right to avoid the projectile, they increase X to the point where the projectile travels fast enough that no amount of movement by the target could cause the projectile to miss.

My huge issue with this: Longbow got a LOT of love in regards of this range buffer, but many other range weapons, not so much.... warrior and engi rifle skills and guardian scepter skills feel very sluggish in comparison just to name a few.

Perhaps other ranged weapon buffers could stand to get some love? I would still argue that the LB range buffer should be decreased though. Ever since around the trait revamp in 2015 and HoT era, ranger longbow received the baseline range increase to 1500 + its projectiles travel so fast that I'm willing to bet that at 1500 range, no amount of lateral movement (even on a super-speeded character) is going to allow them to avoid auto-attacks from the longbow (even if we were to set the range buffer to 0%).

• Turk.5460Turk.5460 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:
    That however, doesn't change the reality that the LB Ranger is one of the least represented professions in WvW.

That's like saying Thieves are one of the least represented professions in WvW. Sure, they're not in the zerg, but they're everywhere in Roaming, right up there with Thieves and Mesmers. And almost all of them use Longbow...

Fort Aspenwood
    Jekkies

edited April 23, 2018

@Arcaedus.7290 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

This is interesting and sheds new light on the argument I think:

The purpose of the range buffer could be to account for horizontal/lateral tracking (target moving perpendicular to your projectile) rather than for proximal/distal tracking (target moving away from you/in-line with your projectile).

A quick explanation: If a projectile is set to travel x units in 1 second, it will move faster the larger x is. To account for a target at 1500 range simply moving left/right to avoid the projectile, they increase X to the point where the projectile travels fast enough that no amount of movement by the target could cause the projectile to miss.

My huge issue with this: Longbow got a LOT of love in regards of this range buffer, but many other range weapons, not so much.... warrior and engi rifle skills and guardian scepter skills feel very sluggish in comparison just to name a few.

Perhaps other ranged weapon buffers could stand to get some love? I would still argue that the LB range buffer should be decreased though. Ever since around the trait revamp in 2015 and HoT era, ranger longbow received the baseline range increase to 1500 + its projectiles travel so fast that I'm willing to bet that at 1500 range, no amount of lateral movement (even on a super-speeded character) is going to allow them to avoid auto-attacks from the longbow (even if we were to set the range buffer to 0%).

The problem is that Gun based attacks and Ames GS don’t get the Attack Range Buffer at all every other skill does, the Dev Stated all Attacks Melee and Ranged are supposed to have the buffer

• Kovu.7560Kovu.7560 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 23, 2018

@Turk.5460 said:

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:
    That however, doesn't change the reality that the LB Ranger is one of the least represented professions in WvW.

That's like saying Thieves are one of the least represented professions in WvW. Sure, they're not in the zerg, but they're everywhere in Roaming, right up there with Thieves and Mesmers. And almost all of them use Longbow...

In Ranger's defense, longbow is well above all other ranger weapons, the only other two remotely sorta semi-viable options for open world wvw being sword and greatsword. (And staff, I guess, maybe.) Pvp is a little different because there's more point camping happening.
    A nerf to Longbow is effectively a straight nerf to Ranger, unlike a couple other professions you mentioned that have a lot of good diversity in their weapon options.

Seriously, has anyone in this thread run into a Soulbeast with a dagger?
    No? There's a kitten reason for that.

Anywho, the extra range only seems to factor in whilst the opponent is moving away during the time it takes for a projectile to fly through the air. If they're standing still the range does seem pretty close to 1,500. I've plucked away at people further than 1,500 -- but outside of height advantage it doesn't seem to come up all of that option. I get the obstructed bug, and the out-of-range-even-though-I'm-right-next-to-you bug far more often.

~ Kovu

edit- Also, you guys seem to forget that strafing backwards whilst shooting has much slower movement than simply walking forward to close the gap. Even without gap closers you're going to move closer to them quicker than they can move away -- unless they're running away in which case they're not shooting you. Unlike the OP's profession which can leave out a bunch of garbage behind themselves whilst they run away.

Ranger main before it was viable.
    Fort Aspenwood.

• coro.3176coro.3176 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 23, 2018

Reporting for Engi:

• Rifle projectiles do not behave like other weapon projectiles. They seem to hit slightly under their listed range of 1200, but they track the target the entire way.
    • Pistol 2 can and does miss most of the shots at max range due to some 'spread' built-in to the skill.
    • Pistol 1 actually takes over 0.8s to fire even though its listed cast time is 0.5s. I can't remember if it tracks like Rifle does, but the range is closer and the projectiles explode in an aoe at the end, so it's hard to tell. I suspect no.

I find the biggest issue with Ranger Longbow is that by the time you realize you're being attacked, you've taken half a quickness-unblockable-rapid-fire + sigil procs + One Wolf Pack, etc.

That's probably 10-20k damage right there. If you're still alive at this point, the prospect of dodging the rest, healing, then closing 1800 range worth of distance before you can even start fighting back seems insurmountable, which is why people usually run rather than fight.

If I'm playing a build with stealth or a hard invuln, I'll go for it, but otherwise I'll usually Rocket Boots off in the other direction and hope I don't take a 7k Long Range Shot in the back mid-travel.

• Widmo.3186Widmo.3186 Member ✭✭✭

I don't think anything can be done about that,just leave the world itself.

Full zerk rangers standing on walls,pewpewing you to death until you find any wall behind which you can hide.
    No wall around?Too bad.
    Going to stealth,because if they cant see you,they cannot hit you.Oh wait,physics aren't working like that,longbow has laser tracking that will still cast whole barrage on you.
    Also don't forget about incredible range of those attacks.

I'm not complaining,after 5 years of playing i got used to it and learned how to deal with it,but those above are just some of thoughts that many WvW players often suffer from.Just be more map aware and invest in some reflects.

Dont mind me, I just randomly spam 35 skill-buttons

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

Longbow is over 2k range > @Balthazzarr.1349 said:

I don't believe it's 1800 but I haven't got a measuring tape to be sure... however.. NO leave my Soulbeast/Ranger alone... I want to cut you down hard and fast if you would rather run than fight!

erm its over 2k range,

I know longbow is crazy with glassbow soulbeasts but just like with deadeye snipers and shatter mesmers, its 1:1 ratio with enemy players. This is why its crazy for zergs to dismiss classes like these as they can counter those pesky gankers. I would love to see a few more good gankers on HoD at nights so I could play something other than hammer rev, which wierdly enough is a reasonable counter to those gankers.

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

• Ubi.4136Ubi.4136 Member ✭✭✭✭

Things that go longer than their listed range is quite extensive.
    Few examples:
    ranger longbow auto
    guardian longbow auto
    ele staff fire auto

If OP is asking for all of them to be fixed at the same time, than sure. Make ALL skills cap at their max range and just disappear without hitting anything when they pass their listed range.

Lost in the Maguuma (TC)
    For the geographically challenged, yes, Tarnished Coast is located IN the Maguuma Jungle.

edited April 25, 2018

@Ubi.4136 said:
    Things that go longer than their listed range is quite extensive.
    Few examples:
    ranger longbow auto
    guardian longbow auto
    ele staff fire auto

If OP is asking for all of them to be fixed at the same time, than sure. Make ALL skills cap at their max range and just disappear without hitting anything when they pass their listed range.

Which they should because as it sits now “1200”Range Bows shoot further than 1500 Range non Bow attacks or they need to give all attacks missing the Range Buffer the Range Buffer that they should have as stated by a Dev Tyler Chapman:
    “17. Intended. All ranged and melee skills have a 15% buffer range to take account for tracking.”

• Celsith.2753Celsith.2753 Member ✭✭✭

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Inoki.6048 said:

While the OP's point is valid, I'd argue that it is compensated by the reality that even the slightest incline in terrain can block a LB. True, if you adopt the correct strategy which is to be on the high ground, you have no problems, but really I don't see Rangers tearing up WvW in any way shape or form. If you made a list of the Top 5 professions that were melting you in WvW, I doubt Ranger LB would appear.

Unless youre a commander.. the amount of commanders i've heard complaining about pewpew lately is hilarious xD

885k+ WvW kills
    Diamond No Life
    [HUNT] Predatory Instinct

• Turk.5460Turk.5460 Member ✭✭✭✭

This extra range needs to be given to the weapons that currently lack it, there is no reason why one ranged single target attack should be 1800 range, while another ranged single target attack is 1500. While stationary. And doesn't pierce.

Which also raises questions about things like Warrior Rifle and Longbow. Why should those be 1200 (slightly further for the LB) - when they do FAR less damage than Ranger Longbow?

Fort Aspenwood
    Jekkies

• Dralor.3701Dralor.3701 Member ✭✭✭

In what game mode is longbow ranger OP? It is only good for kill scourge and maybe applying a little pressure on a pin while unblockable.

Projectiles have worked the same way forever in this game, have been thoroughly tested and are working as intended.

Multiple traits are also required for that build which give up survivability.

• Jumpin Lumpix.6108Jumpin Lumpix.6108 Member ✭✭✭✭

They need to make longbow 1500 range for dragonhunter.

Weapons do not need to be equal range for all classes as utility and other design elements vary.

@Dralor.3701 said:
    Weapons do not need to be equal range for all classes as utility and other design elements vary.

So words and everything shouldn’t mean things, and why have a value stated at X if it doesn’t mean X and is greater than other Values of said X value?

If something says it’s 1500 Range but is actually a lot further and is proven to be so by other skills with that same 1500 Range or when a 1200 (that’s less than) Range hits further than a 1500 (Greater) Range, then what’s the point of those Ranges and Values if they don’t mean anything?

I’ve not seen a range hit for a shorter distance than it’s intended value. A lot of what is said in these threads is hyperbole and not actually backed up with evidence. I don’t think players have the ability to use any tool to test the range on a skill other than just eyeing it?

I don’t know why projectiles function the way they do other than the fact it is intended. I agree in a perfect world tooltips are accurate unless there are physics that are going to make things vary.

@Dralor.3701 said:
    I’ve not seen a range hit for a shorter distance than it’s intended value. A lot of what is said in these threads is hyperbole and not actually backed up with evidence. I don’t think players have the ability to use any tool to test the range on a skill other than just eyeing it?

I don’t know why projectiles function the way they do other than the fact it is intended. I agree in a perfect world tooltips are accurate unless there are physics that are going to make things vary.

Except there is a pretty good tool that shows this, the Devs gave the Deadeye class a Range indicator that Shows 1500 Range the Projectiles from a Deadeye never go past this Range but Classes usig 1200 -1500 Range Projectiles from Bows Ele Staff etc can hit the Deadset from Outside this Range Indicator, tons of Video proof of this and then there is the fact that A Dev Made this statement on all Attacks Tyler Chapman:
    “17. Intended. All ranged and melee skills have a 15% buffer range to take account for tracking.”
    which that is clearly lacking from a weapons like Mesmer GS, All Guns and a few others.

edited April 25, 2018

Well I think the dev gave a poor explanation or hadn’t used the in house range tool before.

Weapons with an arc travel a farther distance than those with a straight shot. Unless I’m mistaken this can be evident on the same weapon sometimes, depending on the animation. For example I think the warrior bow has some cases where this would happen.

In my experience those weapons that arc also have a great chance of missing a moving target.

edited April 25, 2018

@Dralor.3701 said:
    Well I think the dev gave a poor explanation or hadn’t used the in house range tool before.

Weapons with an arc travel a farther distance than those with a straight shot. Unless I’m mistaken this can be evident on the same weapon sometimes, depending on the animation. For example I think the warrior bow has some cases where this would happen.

No that statement doesn’t say some or a few it says all and explains how Melee attacks have the Buffer then since those don’t have an Arcing Projectile but they hit further than their range indicator, I put more stock in the Dev posts than so far unsubstantiated claims of further Distance from Arcing Projectiles, since then that would mean physics are applied to those Projectiles and variation in elevation would gain or limit their range(which they don’t also proven on video, they hit for the same range)

And again why have a Range Value listed if it’s not the Range Value? Idk where you come from but everywhere I know 1500=1500 not 1500=1700+

• Balthazzarr.1349Balthazzarr.1349 Member ✭✭✭

Note: Sic em. hits at 2000 range.

Just another WvW lifer who'll never say die... while dying again and again!

This discussion has been closed.
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.