Can we get more glyph slots for Gathering Tools?

@Vegeta.2563 said:I would even pay for gems if it's per tool upgrade. There could even be a restriction of not allowing the same glyph twice on 1 tool.

I just feel like 1 glyph slot is lackluster and needs some love <3

How is it lackluster to have the ability to get some kind of bonus on any gathering tool, as opposed to only specific ones?

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@Vegeta.2563 said:I would even pay for gems if it's per tool upgrade. There could even be a restriction of not allowing the same glyph twice on 1 tool.

How is it lackluster to have the ability to get some kind of bonus on
any
gathering tool, as opposed to only specific ones?

Once you go Industry, it's hard to use anything else. It feels so slow to gather.

My 3 tools have the Industry glyphs (50%faster). I'm sooo spoiled with them and its agonizing to gather on alt toons with regular tools. One thing that sucks tho, is im not getting watchwork sprockets anymore :( An additional slot would be nice, but unlikely to happen.

You just want more because more is more. ;)If they shipped with 2 slots, wouldn't it be neat if they had 3, so you could put in industry, one for additional currency and the one that gives you speed after gathering? After that, wouldn't it be great if there were tools with four slots, so you can add more additional currency glyphs? Hm...but there are so many additional drop ones now that 4 might not do, right? Upt to 5? 6? How many different are there now, I think we need at least one slot for each, maybe more if they add more glyphs to the game.

@"Game of Bones.8975" said:How much would you pay for an "insta-farm" glyph? or a double-item glyph? Imagine rich veins that give 20 pieces of ore.Limited glyph choices force you to make decisions; to buy or not to buy, which one to buy, "Do I farm more wood than ore?"

At this point, a tool that grants Karma per gather would be pretty interesting..

I did a suggestion to add some form of Black Lion upgrade to existing Rare gathering tools, to promote them to Exotic with two Glyph Slots. But, speaking about Glyphs. Currently there are two types of glyphs: Aditional gathering Results and Improved Gathering Process.Glyph of Industry, Glyph of Flight and Glyph of Bounty can be of same type of Glyph and can't be used together in Tools with two slots.Exotic gathering tools can have one slot for 'Adiitional gathering Results' Glyphs and another for 'Improved Gathering Process' Glyphs.

Simple ex. You can have Glyph of Tailor + Glyph of Industry or Glyph of Scavenger + Glyph of Bounty. But, you can't have Glyph of Industry + Glyph of Bounty, or Glyph of Tailor + Glyph of Scavenger.

I think it would going too op.Look at the volatil magic tool, you just can get volatil magic faster than farming Istan. (Istan gives other loot, but that's not the point atm)Now imagine to have two volatile glyphs in your gathering tool.Gathering would be depreve to a farming methode, but you need to spend hundreds of gold or even gems to be able to farm.Additional to that glyphs would get even more popular so the prices would increse even more.

@Aeon.4583 said:I did a suggestion to add some form of Black Lion upgrade to existing Rare gathering tools, to promote them to Exotic with two Glyph Slots. But, speaking about Glyphs. Currently there are two types of glyphs: Aditional gathering Results and Improved Gathering Process.Glyph of Industry, Glyph of Flight and Glyph of Bounty can be of same type of Glyph and can't be used together in Tools with two slots.Exotic gathering tools can have one slot for 'Adiitional gathering Results' Glyphs and another for 'Improved Gathering Process' Glyphs.

Simple ex. You can have Glyph of Tailor + Glyph of Industry or Glyph of Scavenger + Glyph of Bounty. But, you can't have Glyph of Industry + Glyph of Bounty, or Glyph of Tailor + Glyph of Scavenger.

Glyph of Industry + Glyph of Industry.. lightning speed gathering :grimace:

• 6 months later...

Well, it seems we won't be having 2nd glyph slot for just that. So i have this vision in my head.

• New Gem store item - Infinite Gathering Tool Upgrade Contract - 1000 gems.Gem store item that will upgrade single Gathering Tool, placed in Upgrading Window ( Similar to Upgrade Extractor UI ). Any Infinite Gathering tool will be converted to Exotic quality ( they are Rare quality by Default ), with additional Glyph Slot to use. Players won't be able to Place two Glyphs of same effect.
  • New Gem store item - Glyph Extractor - 450 gems.Since we are able to freely change Glyphs on our Infinite Gathering tools of Rare quality with single Glyph Slot, Exotic Infinite Gathering Tools won't allow us to freely exchange Glyphs ( penalty for two slots ). If someone wants to change glyphs on Exotic Quality Gathering tools, Player should buy this extractor.

So, after receiving advantage of dual-glyph gathering tool, Player should be wise in choosing Glyphs. And Gemstore won't be left aside.As for me, i have:Sickle - Glyphs of BountyMining Pick - Glyphs of LeatherworkerLogging Axe - Glyphs of Tailor

I won't mind adding additional Glyphs of Industry on all three :)

I think one slot is fine. It can be frustrating if you're used to the Glyph of Industry, but that's part of it. Do you value speed more or extra mats/currency? Convenience or a bit extra gold? It's down to personal preference and what you value most at the time. Sometimes you need to pick between two good options and are only able to pick one, both in games and in life.

The only way I can see them having two glyph slots and it being somewhat balanced is if there's a slot for utility (Industry, Bounty, Flight) and a slot for extras (Leather, Tailor, Unbound, etc.). The former affects how you gather, the latter what you gather. No stacking the same glyphs and no double dipping on what you get.

@cormega.6238 said:My 3 tools have the Industry glyphs (50%faster). I'm sooo spoiled with them and its agonizing to gather on alt toons with regular tools. One thing that sucks tho, is im not getting watchwork sprockets anymore :( An additional slot would be nice, but unlikely to happen.

The sprockets took a nosedive on the TP, partly because of the glyphs I guess. They were nice when the glyph came out but now sell for about 2/3 their former value.

I originally took a leatherworkers free, then bought two watchwork glyphs. I've since gotten a second leatherworkers' through a blc and LOVE all the leather drops. I no longer have to make purchases for my crafting. Losing the watchwork one is fine in comparison.

I would not be opposed to this although it does feel a bit much.

My recommendation would be to restrict what glyphs would be aloud in each slot.Example:Slot One: Bounty, Flight, Industry, Unbound, and VolatilitySlot Two: Forester, Herbalist, Leatherworker, Prospector, Scavenger, Tailor, and Watchknight

GW2 Powercreep reaches new levels when it now comes to your gathering tools as well.:)

This may happen someday, but I'd really like if they would first: add account gathering slots so I can stop having to switch the tools between characters, and add glyphs to the statuettes shop to regularize their current insane prices.

@Skotlex.7580 said:GW2 Powercreep reaches new levels when it now comes to your gathering tools as well.:)

This may happen someday, but I'd really like if they would first: add account gathering slots so I can stop having to switch the tools between characters, and add glyphs to the statuettes shop to regularize their current insane prices.

Hm, i say:

• New gmestore Item - Shared Gathering tool Slot - 1000 gemsSpecial gathering slot that can be filled with Rare Infinite Gathering Tool, equipped Tools will work on all characters providing Infinite Gathering with Glyph Effect currently placed in those tools. But this shared slot won't be able to hold Exotic gathering Tools with two Glyph slots.

Ok, lets reevaluate everything thats been suggested.The whole idea i have in my head now, really can fit with arena.net vision of gemstore stuff. Let's start.

• Shared Slots for Gathering tools - 1000 gemsSpecial slot that will appear in Bag UI, in seperate section. Any gathering tool with Account Bound ( including infinites ) can be placed there, providing gathering abilities to any character on account, sharing glyph effect, animation, etc.. Therefore, personal character's Gathering Tool Slot, located in hero panel, will overwrite Animation, Glyph Effect, and anything else if any other tool been placed there, until it ends or removed.
  • Black Lion's Gathering Tool Upgrade Contract - 1000 gemsSingle use item, that will promote selected Infinite Gathering tool to Exotic quality, adding additional Glyph Slot to use, but making Upgraded Tool into Soulbound state ( therefore, it can't be placed in Shared Tool Slot ). Any Glyphs placed in Exotic Quality Infinite Gathering Tool, cannot be removed freely.
  • Black Lion's Glyphs Extractor - 450 gemsSpecial item that will Extract all Glyphs from selected Exotic Infinite Gathering Tool.

Also, Glyphs should be seperated into two types, similar to current Sigil system. Two Glyphs of same type cannot be used simultaneously in same Exotic Infinite Gathering Tool.Suggested Types:

@Excursion.9752 said:Type One: Bounty, Flight, Industry, Unbound, and VolatilityType Two: Forester, Herbalist, Leatherworker, Prospector, Scavenger, Tailor, and Watchknight

So, even if player have Shared Tool Slots with more than 1 Infinite Tool for it, they still can be used for Upgrading into Soulbound Exotic version with Dual Glyph. Placing Exotic version in personal character's tool slot will overwrite effect from Shared Slots.