Upcoming Herald Changes...hmm

Exalted Quality.8534

Curiously, ANET has opted to rework herald instead of renegade. The post on the main webpage was somewhat confusing, but I’m predicting that the changes will amount to a small buff in PvE and a massive nerf in PvP/WvW. Revs have been doing decent after condis were nerfed, but everyone knew it wouldn’t last long.

On one hand, it’s good they are finally taking a fresh look at the most neglected class, but renegades have been nonexistant in competitive play from the jump. They probably will never have a place there due to horrid design and their failure/unwillingness to admit it.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:I dont see a nerf? Giving Herold Aoe Stab + Aoe Boon Rib is realy good.

I agree. However:

Maybe we can now build a decent healer thats not bound to the tablet.

Yes, we most certainly will, which makes me ask myself: why must we get a profession similar to the Guardian? What's the point?

Looking forward to the changes, but really: two Guardian professions now?

Yea all looks good. Shield removing condi, that took a long time.....

But you are right renegade is in much worse shape.

Its anet. No one really knows what they are doing and why. Look at this systems team..... I dont care just do what you go to do and dont take years to do it. Some stuff is so obvious and they need to form teams and talk to people and do a lot of secret internal stuff to make small changes. Just do it :)

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:I just hope glint or some other legend retains the passive boon duration buff.

This is my primary concern too. If Glint keeps current F2 passive and active, I think it'd make sense.

The other thing is that Elder's Force should stay as a GM to keep up our potential as a DPS spec. If those two things remain, I'm all for a rework of underused traits/skills.

@"ventusthunder.5067" said:

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:I just hope glint or some other legend retains the passive boon duration buff.

This is my primary concern too. If Glint keeps current F2 passive and active, I think it'd make sense.

The other thing is that Elder's Force should stay as a GM to keep up our potential as a DPS spec. If those two things remain, I'm all for a rework of underused traits/skills.

^This. It would honestly be awful to lose the 33% boon duration and the "One with Nature" consume effect entirely

@Ashantara.8731 said:

Yes, we most certainly will, which makes me ask myself: why must we get a profession similar to the Guardian? What's the point?

Looking forward to the changes, but really: two Guardian professions now?

What specifically makes you think it will be a Guardian clone? The mechanics of revenant already make it vastly different, even if it can perform similar functions

One thing I find puzzling is that Facet of Nature with Shiro gives life steal to nearby allies, which directly competes with Soulcleave's Summit, we'll have to see the numbers, but it's still very odd, maybe they're also reworking Renegade, but it'll come later ...

Otherwise those changes look great on paper, they definitively make Herald a more interactive espec.

@"XxsdgxX.8109" said:We don't even know if they are replacing existing traits (Elder's Force) and tweaking numbers from other unmentioned skills. I can't really call it a "buff" just yet.

They would probably (definitely) have to tweak numbers. Getting boonstripped then face multiple of stacks of stability right before you get coalescence of ruin up your kitten doesn't sound fun in WvW. I assume for PvE this will amount to a minor/major buff in the already decent Power Herald buff (assuming they don't do anything to sword off-hand since it's "core" Rev, and that the upkeep on Jalis and Shiro stays the same).

@"ventusthunder.5067" said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:I just hope glint or some other legend retains the passive boon duration buff.

ye. I like the prot on heal interaction with ventari too. pls don't nerf anet!

@Buran.3796 said:Core Rev is near perfect:

• Shiro is slow.
  • Mallyx doesn't save you from condis.
  • Jalis can't tank.
  • Ventari doesn't heal that much.

...So nobody can call you op.

Simply untrue. I wanted to respond to your other comment about this as well, but it won't change a thing anyway. Continue to believe that Rev (or herald in particular as you said) is trash! Have a good day.

Like honestly herald is fine now. Its usefull in wvw as roamer and hammer dps. Its pve its a solid dps now and in pvp its definitely a tier, although can be hard and frustrating at time. Hardly needed a rework.

While you have renegade only good in 1 of 3 modes.

Archived