Which professions go best thematically with which races? - Page 4 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Lore

Which professions go best thematically with which races?

124>

Comments

• Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 30, 2020

@Revolution.5409 said:

@Drizzt.1796 said:

@assasin oates.3018 said:
    There was plenty of none human Mesmers in GW1...

@Kalavier.1097 said:

@Revolution.5409 said:
    I think the only two professions that make a difference are Mesmer and Engineer.

The first is a type of magic used only by humans, the only non-human Mesmer that I remember is Faolain, it does not seem to me that there were other Mesmer sylvari.

The engineer is a profession developed by Iron Legion, but I think that unlike Mesmer over time it has been possible for other races to learn this profession, the Watchknight are an example.

Um... in the Sylvari pesronal story the Order of Whispers contact is a Sylvari mesmer who had been working on an illusion spell for a while. There is a Norn mesmer who randomly appears near the Priory at times as an event. There is an evil Norn mesmer who spawns in snowden drifts. GW1 had dwarf, Forgotton, Charr, Mursaat, Margonite, Tengu mesmers.

There are tons of Mesmers across all races.

Theres also Goemm the Mad who is an asura.

I correct myself guys, it's mainly used by humans, I think it's okay now. :)

I don't think it's even mainly used by humans.
    While the most prominent and arguably most powerful Mesmers are humans, there numbers are mainly concentrated among their mobility.
    I think Mesmers in other races (except maybe Sylvari) are at least equal in numbers, especially in Norn society.
    Raven, of the four remaining Great Spirits, is probably equal to the Twin goddess Lyssa, when it comes to be an entity of Mesmer worship.

• Kalavier.1097Kalavier.1097 Member ✭✭✭

@Fueki.4753 said:
    I don't think it's even mainly used by humans.
    While the most prominent and arguably most powerful Mesmers are humans, there numbers are mainly concentrated among their mobility.
    I think Mesmers in other races (except maybe Sylvari) are at least equal in numbers, especially in Norn society.
    Raven, of the four remaining Great Spirits, is probably equal to the Twin goddess Lyssa, when it comes to be an entity of Mesmer worship.

Ash uses plenty of them, I doubt their stealth is purely tech.

No race truly holds a majority count of any of the classes really.

• Randin.5701Randin.5701 Member ✭✭

I did a rundown on the Charr a little ways back in this thread, and since I'm currently playing through on a Norn alt, I thought I'd run through the classes with them:

Norn are a race of burly giants that want to gain renown and glory in battle; Warrior is obviously a very good fit for them.

The hunt's a central part of their culture, so likewise Rangers are also going to be very common.

With the veneration of legendary ancestors being such a big part of their religion, the Norn actually feel by far like the most natural fit for the Revenant of all the playable races.

Amongst the Raven-focused Norn, I imagine you'd find a reasonable number of Necromancers and Elementalists; not enough to actually call them "common" in Norn culture, but there nonetheless.

I feel like Guardian doesn't really have anything in its favor of showing up amongst the Norn, but also nothing really working against it, so toss it also into the category of "not common, but also not rare."

Thief is a class built around stealth and extreme agility, neither of which really screams "Norn", so I'm inclined to call it rare.

The Norn are also one of the less techy races, so I'm going to say that Engineers are rare as well.

And Mesmer just doesn't feel very "Norn" to me either, so they also go in the "rare" pile.