An Update about Episode 5 - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

An Update about Episode 5

2>

Comments

  • Bloodstealer.5978Bloodstealer.5978 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Excellent the purple room is now bug free.. though it seems a new bug has been introduced.. when looting the hidden chests using the light, I and others are now getting "you have looted this chest already today" messages... even though it has been like a full day, maybe 2 since last looting any chests. Happened last 3 maybe 4 runs I have done in there.

    Life is what YOU make it... NOT what others tell you!

  • Illconceived Was Na.9781Illconceived Was Na.9781 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27, 2019

    @Bloodstealer.5978 said:
    Excellent the purple room is now bug free.. though it seems a new bug has been introduced.. when looting the hidden chests using the light, I and others are now getting "you have looted this chest already today" messages... even though it has been like a full day, maybe 2 since last looting any chests. Happened last 3 maybe 4 runs I have done in there.

    That looks to be a rare bug that is suddenly more common. Swapping maps can allow you to get the treasure (depending on the map), since as long as the LoD buff remains available, you still have access to any rooms you opened.

    Prior to this week's patch(es), reports of "no loot" or "you have already looted" showing up were very uncommon. This week, I think I've seen someone reporting the issue at least once per map and several times here on the forums.

    If you experience it yourself, I urge you to take 30 seconds to report it in game, while standing on the location of the bugged chest. Use /bug and use the pull down options for "PvE" & "Resource Nodes." You can type something simple like, "no loot from hidden chest" or "hidden chest says I have looted it before, even after reset." The more people who do that, the quicker the bug gets fixed.

    Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

  • Bloodstealer.5978Bloodstealer.5978 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

    @Bloodstealer.5978 said:
    Excellent the purple room is now bug free.. though it seems a new bug has been introduced.. when looting the hidden chests using the light, I and others are now getting "you have looted this chest already today" messages... even though it has been like a full day, maybe 2 since last looting any chests. Happened last 3 maybe 4 runs I have done in there.

    That looks to be a rare bug that is suddenly more common. Swapping maps can allow you to get the treasure (depending on the map), since as long as the LoD buff remains available, you still have access to any rooms you opened.

    Prior to this week's patch(es), reports of "no loot" or "you have already looted" showing up were very uncommon. This week, I think I've seen someone reporting the issue at least once per map and several times here on the forums.

    If you experience it yourself, I urge you to take 30 seconds to report it in game, while standing on the location of the bugged chest. Use /bug and use the pull down options for "PvE" & "Resource Nodes." You can type something simple like, "no loot from hidden chest" or "hidden chest says I have looted it before, even after reset." The more people who do that, the quicker the bug gets fixed.

    Nah tried relogging, swapping maps etc.. the chest location in the room might be different but the end result is the same.. happened again last night after posting my comment as well.
    It is a bug for sure imo and yes bug reports help fix the fixes that don't fix other fixes or break more fixes...

    Life is what YOU make it... NOT what others tell you!

  • Adzekul.3104Adzekul.3104 Member ✭✭✭

    I can confirm that this is still extremely buggy. You can walk into the room, after the fight with the graveling starts, and you can pick up the plate without doing a single point of damage to the graveling, even before it dies, while the people fighting get totally screwed. This has happened to me twice in about 3 days. Swapping instances can sometimes help, as can completely logging out and in again, but this will only work for so long. Once the popularity of the map dies off, people will simply be unable to do this content unless they happen to solo the graveling.

  • Unsure if this issue was already posted. The dwarves catacombs are giving me trouble. I did a part of this yesterday. But when I returned today I can not continue the quest as to visit all rooms. Yesterday I wasn't given a disk to visit the yellow or blue room. So I went here to read all the posts. From what I gathered there were more bugs on some there was already a fix. I wonder if I am missing something or can do something to continue the quest so I can complete the mission of the plates.

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Mirkarlot.3152 said:
    Unsure if this issue was already posted. The dwarves catacombs are giving me trouble. I did a part of this yesterday. But when I returned today I can not continue the quest as to visit all rooms. Yesterday I wasn't given a disk to visit the yellow or blue room. So I went here to read all the posts. From what I gathered there were more bugs on some there was already a fix. I wonder if I am missing something or can do something to continue the quest so I can complete the mission of the plates.

    Do the 2 metas again get plate talk to ghost for a new light buff and dont log out while you have the light it continue to tick down.

  • Rauderi.8706Rauderi.8706 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Adding my thanks to the pile! Finished map completion last night. :star:

    Still not jazzed about the 2-hour meta cycle (1 hour cycle, max, please!), but the bonus area functions cleanly now.

    Many alts! Handle it!

    "A condescending answer might as well not be an answer at all."
    -Eloc Freidon.5692

  • @Adzekul.3104 said:
    I can confirm that this is still extremely buggy. You can walk into the room, after the fight with the graveling starts, and you can pick up the plate without doing a single point of damage to the graveling, even before it dies, while the people fighting get totally screwed. This has happened to me twice in about 3 days. Swapping instances can sometimes help, as can completely logging out and in again, but this will only work for so long. Once the popularity of the map dies off, people will simply be unable to do this content unless they happen to solo the graveling.

    I cannot confirm this. I've yet to be on a map where people with the LoD buff participate in the fight and do not get the plate. People starting the fight, people joining late, everyone has gotten the plate. (For a variety of reasons, I've been doing some map swapping so if purple is in the rotation, I see a lot of participants.)

    In your shoes, with negative experiences like that, I would contact support. Something else is going on for you, beyond the bug that was fixed.

    Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.