A Canthanese outfit ruined

I'm pretty sure those are fox ears. Outfit is aimed to match jackal skin I believe.and you can always hide the ears.

Edit: Although I do agree that they ruin outfits and armors with loads of unnecessary things, like belts and potions and stuff. For example, I loved the pants you get from Meta Achievement reward in new map and when I actually realized there's literally a dagger dangling on the side for no reason it put me off instantly. :(

Those aren't flamingo heels it looks more like peacock or maybe flames. Dunno, everyone their tastes I guess, those ears doesn't look childish. But I'm always happy with those kind of ears for my asuras, better than a worst ugly helmet, it doesn't burn my eyes at least.

Also if you was talking about furies and humans with cat/fox ears are awful yes, here I agree.

Pretty much any outfit is going to have a flaw in its design. As a onesie, they can get all sorts of things wrong ... for any particular player. For me, it's usually one of three things: too many adornments, adornments that don't fit, or dye channels that make it difficult to do more than shades of the same hue.

But no matter how much I hate a design, sure enough there are tons of people who can't wait to pay for it. And the ones I like, well there are tons of people who complain loudly about how it's ruined.

I wish the OP wouldn't sensationalize their dislike. Taste is personal. Just say you don't like it.

There are heels on the female outfit? I never even flippin' noticed.... Unless everyone means the little horizontal metal thing on the heel, I didn't even see heels- Of course, I'm known to be blind in these cases....

Oh, but since we're here, can I just throw out my thoughts of the male version of the outfit? My Sylvari looks as if he's wearin' a trash bag with how poofy the shirt is ._.

@Ashantara.8731 said:...by feline ears and flamingo heels. Why?! :'(

The Shrine Guardian outfit could have been perfect without those two features, which (IMO) ruin the whole design. :/

Your opinion?

You can argue the ears are nice or not, but its a kitsune gown“Kitsune”Of course its gonna get ears, i’m more surprised it didn’t come with a big fox tail (or 9)

But you can still hide the head-piece of an outfit, so if you dont like the ears, take them off

@hugo.4705 said:I really love that new outfit, those ears are cute, isn't really an issue but I agree I could have been something else instead. But overall I'm pleased with it :D Will not use the word ruined. It's okay. I wonder how it looks on asuras.

Not, just like the asian tradition where they cram girls’ feet in too small shoes, the asura have to cram their three toes into the one small shoe they get. Don’t blame me for growth defficiencies

The fox spirit (kitsune) is the shrine guardian in Japan (along with tanuki, the racoon dog spirit). Japanese folklore mentions quite a few of fox spirits taking the form of a beautiful woman who sometimes exposes her animal features (ears, tail) by mistake. Kuzunoha is one of such legends. There are also tales of the foxfire which may explain the intricate design of the outfit.

Quite differently from OP, I really appreciate the design of the outfit. Nothing over the top and at the same time respects the culture of its reference.

@Iris Ng.9845 said:The fox spirit (kitsune) is the shrine guardian in Japan (along with tanuki, the racoon dog spirit). Japanese folklore mentions quite a few of fox spirits taking the form of a beautiful woman who sometimes exposes her animal features (ears, tail) by mistake. Kuzunoha is one of such legends. There are also tales of the foxfire which may explain the intricate design of the outfit.

Thank you for sharing this. :) I still don't want to look like a fox ;) , but that aside, it still does not explain the flamingo heels (which are an issue, as you cannot hide them).

Quite differently from OP, I really appreciate the design of the outfit. Nothing over the top and at the same time respects the culture of its reference.

You respect Kitsune by ruining the theme with flamingo heels? I'd say that's doing rather the opposite...

Archived