Since anet refuses to remove down state from WvW, how about a sigil of 100% damage to down enemies? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Since anet refuses to remove down state from WvW, how about a sigil of 100% damage to down enemies?

Hitman.5829Hitman.5829 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited February 4, 2019 in WvW

Make a sigil that deals 100% more damage to down enemies.
Bowl of Fire Salsa
Like seriously, come one anet, its like having 2 lives!

EDIT
HAHHAHAHAHAHA just look at the amount of people that disagree with this. Is as if they had never played WvW. Telling me to stomp!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA stomp takes 3 sec, and resurrecting a down player with 100% health takes less than 0.1 to resurrect by just pressing F.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA what a bunch of Clueless Aunts

Charr Warrior Master Race!
Black Gate Beast Roamer chicken chaser!

<1

Comments

• Optimator.3589Optimator.3589 Member ✭✭✭✭

I guess. I'd generally prefer to gear for generating downs, but whatever floats your boat. Doesn't seem OP, anyway.

REDUCE NA TO 3 TIERS

• @DemonSeed.3528 said:
    Lol, there is nothing at all wrong with that food. If you were prevented from stomping or were downed by that, it was your own fault. You are complaining about this being "like having 2 lives", and yet use warrior that has vengeance for its downed skills. lulz.

Warrior has also "endure pain" on passive to avoid insta stealth burst...

• DeadlySynz.3471DeadlySynz.3471 Member ✭✭✭✭

It's more than having 2 lives, considering the amount of HP some classes have in downed state + how fast they can be rez'd

I'm cool with having a sigil that does 100% damage in downed state; but i'd much rather have a mechanic where rezzers are downed in 1 hit. Consider it a debuff, one that reads "you vulnerable, and you will be downed in 1 hit".

If you're stomping in WvW, you're doing it wrong. It's extremely easy to down a stomper considering the time frame from stomp to finish; very easy to burst down.

• Sansar.1302Sansar.1302 Member ✭✭✭

@Trajan.4953 said:
    Enough with the downstate crying. If you aren't good enough to finish the job then you need to get better.

It is simply a mecanic many dont like in wvw me included, no crying (mostly)

• Regardless of how you feel about downstate, i hope most people can agree that it shouldn't be handled at the upgrade component/consumable level.

Obèlíx [GAUL] - Gandara(EU).
    Condi Ventari Build

• enkidu.5937enkidu.5937 Member ✭✭✭

@Loosmaster.8263 said:
    Stab and stomp, be done with it and move on...

I'd wish the enemies would do that, instead of dancing, throwing siege, let you bleed out, or just beeing too dumb or carful to make a quick kill.

Can we pls have a button to press to die instantly if downed? Would be awesome.

• whoknocks.4935whoknocks.4935 Member ✭✭✭✭

I just hate the fact how "non support" specs with no ress trait are able to ress that crazy fast and your cleaving damage is in 90% of the cases outhealed.

I would be fine with a ressing hewling reduction of 50% or more, and only professions like scrapper, firebrand etc. Have it higher ressing speed.

• steki.1478steki.1478 Member ✭✭✭✭

@whoknocks.4935 said:
    I just hate the fact how "non support" specs with no ress trait are able to ress that crazy fast and your cleaving damage is in 90% of the cases outhealed.

I would be fine with a ressing hewling reduction of 50% or more, and only professions like scrapper, firebrand etc. Have it higher ressing speed.

Or you can apply poison and not trying to reinvent hot water.

Deso's favorite FROG
    Master of afk and kiting
    The God of Pips and Gud Deeps
    Froggo himself

• Israel.7056Israel.7056 Member ✭✭✭✭

I think that's unnecessary. Give us a no downed state week once a month for a few months, let people get used to it more and I think the transition will come naturally as more and more people get more comfortable with it and realize removing downed state just makes the game more fun.

A lot of people are very reliant on downed state, you can't just pull the rug out from under them suddenly you have to ease them into the transition until they realize they don't actually need downed state after all and that the game really is more fast paced and fun without it.

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Zephyra.4709 said:
    The only time I've ever seen that food used was eotm uplevels back in the day... haha.

Complaining about a food barely anyone uses 'having 2 lives'.... plays warrior. B) endure pain, zerker stance, adrenal health, passive heals, traited pulse stab or stab on bar... Vengeance.... 8/8 gr8 b8 m8

Let's be real: Vengeance fricking sucks and using it in an argument like this is extremely lazy. You can't even use it before you will die in downstate lol

Bite me.

• godofcows.2451godofcows.2451 Member ✭✭✭

still not a substitute for no downstate. no downstate all the way. just get rid of bad powercreep mechanics while we're at it or better yet, before it.

• Spartacus.3192Spartacus.3192 Member ✭✭✭

Only players with the lowest confidence in their abilities and who expect to be in perma downstate would ever run this food.

• gebrechen.5643gebrechen.5643 Member ✭✭✭

IF you wanted remove downstate, you had to dumb down the game so much further to have anything close to balance so you can't faceroll on classes like thief, warrior or mesmer like you can now. And really? That's never gonna work or happen.

Disciples of the monkey god [Apes]

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Israel.7056 said:
    I think that's unnecessary. Give us a no downed state week once a month for a few months, let people get used to it more and I think the transition will come naturally as more and more people get more comfortable with it and realize removing downed state just makes the game more fun.

A lot of people are very reliant on downed state, you can't just pull the rug out from under them suddenly you have to ease them into the transition until they realize they don't actually need downed state after all and that the game really is more fast paced and fun without it.

Very good point.

I am on the fence about down state, but currently couldn’t care either way. If we did a more regular event with it, people would change their play style and adapt.

Thank You for the {MEME}

• gebrechen.5643gebrechen.5643 Member ✭✭✭

Every "no down state week" I stop playing. Great idea, right?

Disciples of the monkey god [Apes]

• Bigpapasmurf.5623Bigpapasmurf.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 4, 2019

@gebrechen.5643 said:
    Every "no down state week" I stop playing. Great idea, right?

It is a great idea...It shows each player where their skill truly lies and how reliant or not they are on others. Also reveals where you need to improve as a WvWer which, trust me, some people need to know. You cant get better if you know know all of your weaknesses.

If you refuse to acknowledge that, then acknowledge the true fact that you cannot please everyone and that some people will have to be unhappy for a week.

Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/TRMC
    Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
    Co-Leader of SOmething inAPpropriate {SOAP}

• Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

They need to simply standardized down state hp and not make it very from class to class.

See ELE forms and you will get my views.

• Israel.7056Israel.7056 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

Are you sure you're not a politician? Because that really sounds like trying to manipulate and pressure the public into accepting a desired function that they dont agree with. As polls shown, the majority seemed in favor of keeping downstate even after the downed state week.

I also find it funny how one can claim that it would make the game "more fast paced" when one of the most vocal complaints on the forums is that people are getting instakilled by people that most definetly does not "need" downed state.

One week without it after years with it. It's impressive that the polls were as close as they were after just one week. A few more weeks of no downed state and I think more people might change their mind and the polls will shift. If we're going to be majoritarian about it a ten point swing would be enough to put the majority in favor of removing downed state. I'm confident that with more experience we will see at least that much of a shift in public opinion perhaps more.

• i'd rather they rework down state a bit and make it more fluid then dance around the subject.

Te lazla otstra.

• Hitman.5829Hitman.5829 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Loosmaster.8263 said:

Come on, are you serious? do you even play WvW?
    With 100% health on down food, a down player can be resurrected in less than 1 sec by just pressing F.

Stomp takes 3 seconds
    Think before you post.

Charr Warrior Master Race!
    Black Gate Beast Roamer chicken chaser!

• Loading.4503Loading.4503 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 4, 2019

DO YOU KNOW HOW FAST AN OWL CAN LICK WOUNDS?

Owl licks are more powerful than a warrior coming back to life for vengeance and slashing you with a greatsword with the force of 100 blades.

• Loosmaster.8263Loosmaster.8263 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Hitman.5829 said:

@Loosmaster.8263 said:

Come on, are you serious? do you even play WvW?
    With 100% health on down food, a down player can be resurrected in less than 1 sec by just pressing F.

Stomp takes 3 seconds
    Think before you post.

Yes I do. And I don't complain about every little thing in the game I know is not going to be fixed...

Playing the PvE scene because WvW is just "BAD"...

• anduriell.6280anduriell.6280 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 4, 2019

In my point of view:
    We don't need to remove downstate, just need to remove the action "F" to ress while in combat.

• traits will still work.
    • Blobs will not benefit from the sheer numbers to ressbot a downed.

That kind of fix will gives also more relevance to support builds in the game, because they can do something no other build can (if build for it). The tech is already there (we can't ress a full dead while in combat) so it should be minimal effort.

Still the downed can be helped if there is just one ranger pewpewing.

• Curunen.8729Curunen.8729 Member ✭✭✭✭

Still would rather have a 2 strike system for downstate:

• first time going down is normal, can be ressed in combat, but gain 10 minute debuff which means...
    • second time within that 10 mins goes immediately to full dead (reset debuff on respawn)

Would stop endless res chains on the same player as effectively "killing them twice" (if ressed and within the 10 min debuff timer) would finish them fully.

My ears, how are you! | Kourna Jackrabbit for default Springer

• Felipe.1807Felipe.1807 Member ✭✭✭

@godofcows.2451 said:
    still not a substitute for no downstate. no downstate all the way. just get rid of bad powercreep mechanics while we're at it or better yet, before it.

How downed state is powercreep? its allways been on the game...also, damage its so high on the game, that if you decide to stop to rez a downed ally, you might end up dead yourself...just poison or CC the target to prevent it, its not hard.

edited February 4, 2019

@anduriell.6280 said:
    In my point of view:
    We don't need to remove downstate, just need to remove the action "F" to ress while in combat.

• traits will still work.
    • Blobs will not benefit from the sheer numbers to ressbot a downed.

That kind of fix will gives also more relevance to support builds in the game, because they can do something no other build can (if build for it). The tech is already there (we can't ress a full dead while in combat) so it should be minimal effort.

Still the downed can be helped if there is just one ranger pewpewing.

You can't ress in combat now, that was done a long time ago. Don't see the point of removing the F other than you won't get the message in the chat box that you're in combat...

Edit: Unless you're talking about a possible area zone that would consider you in combat instead of as an individual.

• KrHome.1920KrHome.1920 Member ✭✭✭✭

@enkidu.5937 said:

@Loosmaster.8263 said:

I'd wish the enemies would do that, instead of dancing, throwing siege, let you bleed out, or just beeing too dumb or carful to make a quick kill.

Can we pls have a button to press to die instantly if downed? Would be awesome.

This!

What you dscribed is the most annoying thing in WvW. It's just a waste of my lifetime. I'd even grant the enemy the bonus points they get for stomping for free when I press that button.

• godofcows.2451godofcows.2451 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 5, 2019

@Felipe.1807 said:

@godofcows.2451 said:

How downed state is powercreep? its allways been on the game...also, damage its so high on the game, that if you decide to stop to rez a downed ally, you might end up dead yourself...just poison or CC the target to prevent it, its not hard.

ReRead. I never said it was a powercreep mechanic. That's why it has the lines "while we're at it or better yet, before it". Meaning you get rid of powercreep in parallel to removing downstate or before removing downstate because a huge massive blob of QQQQQQQQQ will follow.
    You don't need an explanation of parallel now, do you?

Now, since you have mentioned downstate being a powercreep, that's a different matter. Just because something has always been in the game doesn't mean it or isn't for the best or if there is or not a better option out there. Do i think it's powercreep? Yes, yes I do. Does it carry you though? ;3

• Ruufio.1496Ruufio.1496 Member ✭✭✭

The only thing that needs to get nerfed is Merciful Intervention. Cooldown should either be longer or it should not be an insane 20% revive.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Hitman.5829 said:
    EDIT
    HAHHAHAHAHAHA just look at the amount of people that disagree with this. Is as if they had never played WvW. Telling me to stomp!
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA stomp takes 3 sec, and resurrecting a down player with 100% health takes less than 0.1 to resurrect by just pressing F.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA what a bunch of Clueless Aunts

Or maybe they have played WvW and discovered that interrupts actually interrupt ressing.

Its a strange concept, I know.

And puts the ressing player in combat. Try playing without running any food or utilities then come back and try again... I haven't run those in over 4 years. Sometimes I pop some MF stuff to make people QQ...

• ArchonWing.9480ArchonWing.9480 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 5, 2019

It's your penalty for running a sustain tank that beats people by boring them to death.

• crepuscular.9047crepuscular.9047 Member ✭✭✭✭

welll... money reason... they can sell Finishers

[RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]     [TTS] [KA] [SI]     [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]
    Praise the Inevitable Eternal Transcendent King Palawa Ignacious Joko, the Beloved and Feared Undying Eternal Monarch of All !!!
    ... til Aurene ate him for dessert 😭
  • Slyverine.7081Slyverine.7081 Member
    edited February 6, 2019

downed state is a core mechanic of the game . Actually it is one of the things that makes it different from other similar games.It will never be removed so you can wipe your tears. If they want to add consumables/traits for more dmg to downed state, be my guest, it will actually be a loss to anyone who uses it, if it is in favor of actual dmg increase.Then you would again complain it is useless.
    As a weaver i love downed state and it's rally, it actually makes me play a bit more in bigger fights where a random crit , a thief/war going for the backlane, retalition can down you in 1 sec.

• avey.4201avey.4201 Member ✭✭✭

You have a warrior icon so I assume you play warrior, warrior can already kill a down player in 2-3 swings of their sword, actually faster than stomping.
    As a guardian people res faster than I can dps in zerk gear, and when down I'd be happy to have the warriors second life over the junk symbol I'm stuck with.
    What again are you complaining about?

• KeyOrion.9506KeyOrion.9506 Member ✭✭✭

Actually I find it a total insult when your downed and the enemy walks away from you as if you were belly lint. If you kill me while i'm downed, I have no problem with that. You finished me off. I might kitten and moan, but kitten, if I didn't go down fighting. But when i'm downed and you waltz away without finishing me...yah, I consider that a kitten poor insult.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.