Warclaw is an ugly mount. — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Warclaw is an ugly mount.

Chasind.3128Chasind.3128 Member ✭✭✭
edited March 19, 2019 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

I said it.
The gem skins are ugly too.
(this is an opinion, obv, for those who want to defend Warclaw.)

Comments

• Yeah the horn thing is definitely fugly. The whole pack deal was garbage. I mean really, dont sell skins that are basically the same and have slight artwork on the armor. Bad decision on anets part.

• Blude.6812Blude.6812 Member ✭✭✭

@Chasind.3128 said:
    I said it.

Coyote Ugly ????

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

I like my Embermane very much, thank you.

Smugly chuckling forever.
    My sentence doesn't make sense? Well, I probably forgot to write half of it before posting.

• Absconditus.6804Absconditus.6804 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 17, 2019

I don't find it particularly ugly, though I weren't a huge fan of most skins recently added, two of them are basically just the base skin with red eyes and slightly different dye patterns. Definitely not a fan of the fact they were only sold in a bundle either, instead of the bundle being a "deal" offering where you got the skins for x Gems cheaper than if you were to buy the skins individually, with each of them being offered up for purchase as well. ArenaNet's Gem Store team sure does like to scratch me the wrong way and build up brand resentment which closes my wallet further and further for future additions added to the store. But I guess they only like to look at things short-term. That's obviously the smart way to do business. Not to create brand loyalty with good offers and options. Create resentment instead, make people less and less interested in spending money. It's a smart business decision that all companies should follow suit on.

Seafarer's Rest | Enryon | Mistwarden [Hero]

• Westenev.5289Westenev.5289 Member ✭✭✭✭

Different people like different things. I, for one, like eyebrows cat.

• Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 16, 2019

yep, the only style available should be human female meta with a tiny body and skimpy + glowy armor.
    or, perhaps not...

The horror...…….the horror...…….the horror...…….

• DrFox.8091DrFox.8091 Member ✭✭

I LOVE Fashion stuff on this game. Anets Devs are crazy good for that. But you know, as all artists they cant release perfect stuff all the time. I mean, look all those fabulous infusions we had... and then toy infusion arrived..
    Look all those cute mounts we had since PoF! And all those crazy mounts skins!
    I agree this is not a cute mount, for me the basic mount is more for Charrs.
    But :
    - 1 ugly basic skin on 7 mounts its still a good succes rate
    - Maybe next gem skins will be much better than actual ones.

Even if it take time, i'm pretty sure they will release (at the very least) one Beautiful skin on this mount too.

• Ugly things can still be beautiful on the inside.

I wish they'd nerf me.

• Substance E.4852Substance E.4852 Member ✭✭✭

Considering the height of GW2 fashion is a neon pink/purple chrono with as many auras as you can fit on her, I'll just take this critique with a grain of salt.

• Dreamy Lu.3865Dreamy Lu.3865 Member ✭✭✭

@ElectricGoat.8253 said:
    Ugly things can still be beautiful on the inside.

Agree, and not to forget that it remains a matter of personal taste: Someone can find something ugly whereas someone else will find the exact same thing looking good. Fortunately I would say! Many of my friends in game do love the warclaw's appearance. Personally, I do love the kitty skin for it. <3

I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message...

• Balsa.3951Balsa.3951 Member ✭✭✭

I dont like Purple Color

lets discuss that too

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 17, 2019

For a battle kitty I tkink it's a cool skin, however I would have removed the helmet / tail armors or at least making them more feline, embracing the shape of the spirit within it. The head feel unnatural and confusing.

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' DONE, Housing DONE, New asuran expansion DONE, Designing a new lounge "current", New GameMode DONE

• Fenella.2634Fenella.2634 Member ✭✭✭

I don't mind the looks much. But I think the animation is somewhat lacking compared to the other mounts we have. I saw it in PvE lately and it just looks kind of out of place? It reminds me of mounts from other MMOs, somehow. In comparison, the raptors and bunnies seem to have more detailed and well done animations that make them fit into the world and environment better.

• As a battle mount, I think the design fits for what it's intended to do. What's that old saying? "form follows function"

• Cerioth.7062Cerioth.7062 Member ✭✭✭

I love that mount.

• mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭

It's not ugly. It's utilitarian.

The Psychomancer: Mesmer Elite Specialization Suggestion

• Sithis.3564Sithis.3564 Member ✭✭✭

I like the idea, waiting for a cool premium skin.

• Umm good for you? I'll be here sitting on my cool epic branded warclaw and feeding it dreamies

• Grim West.3194Grim West.3194 Member ✭✭✭

Heh. Warclaw is my favorite mount.

Not liking the first batch of skins though.

• Substance E.4852Substance E.4852 Member ✭✭✭

@mortrialus.3062 said:

It looks like an absolute unit, built for battle.

As it should.

People are just upset it's not """cute"""

• Chasind.3128Chasind.3128 Member ✭✭✭

@Substance E.4852 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

It looks like an absolute unit, built for battle.

As it should.

People are just upset it's not """cute"""

I don't want it to be cute. Just not ugly.

@Lorienys.5407 said:
    Umm good for you? I'll be here sitting on my cool epic branded warclaw and feeding it dreamies

Umm good for you?

@Leo G.4501 said:
    You're not suppose to date the mount.

I work with some ugly people too but they're invaluable and awesome.

One of my superiors showed me a picture of an ugly wild boar he took out a couple years back, he said it was delicious.

Why would I want to date the mount? Why did you just sexualize a mount?

• Palador.2170Palador.2170 Member ✭✭✭

@hugo.4705 said:
    For a battle kitty I tkink it's a cool skin, however I would have removed the helmet / tail armors or at least making them more feline, embracing the shape of the spirit within it. The head feel unnatural and confusing.

I think that's the idea, actually. I'm pretty sure the helmet is supposed to be part armor, part fright mask.

Lip synching is just mime karaoke.

• Cobrakon.3108Cobrakon.3108 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 18, 2019

You have to also consider the dye channels. I thought the skins were a decent mix of styles.

• lokh.2695lokh.2695 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Chasind.3128 said:
    I said it.

Maybe that's like, you know, just your oppinion m8.

If you want X, and Y is needed to get get X, you also have to want Y if you really want X. If you don't want Y, you don't want X. It's easy.
    Pro: Build Templates, Dungeon Rework, UW content
    Contra: New Races, New Classes, New Weapons, Capes

• Trise.2865Trise.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭

"You say that like it's a bad thing", said the scarred, demon-horned monster of a Charr.

Reductio ad absurdum

• Deimos.4263Deimos.4263 Member ✭✭✭

Eh the kitty is ok. I wish we could hide the helmet like we can hide our own.

• Mewcifer.5198Mewcifer.5198 Member ✭✭✭✭

I also have the ability to state opinions as if they are facts.
    Chocolate is mediocre. Pizza is the best breakfast. Orange is an ugly colour.

My list of suggestions for GW2
    Akkebi | Akkebyyon | Alister Kebi | Akkebi Revi | Occultist Lulu | Shadow Stalker Lulu| Bonebreaker Lulu | Glittermancer | The Mewcifer
    Max Masteries | 15.5k AP

• kratan.4619kratan.4619 Member ✭✭

That's like, just your opinion man.

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

The mount isn't ugly, it's just wearing it's warface.

I mean, sounds to me like if the OP had their way it would look like this:

@kratan.4619 said:
    That's like, just your opinion man.

Exactly! It's almost as if you're the only one who sees this. +1 to you.

@Mewcifer.5198 said:
    I also have the ability to state opinions as if they are facts.
    Chocolate is mediocre. Pizza is the best breakfast. Orange is an ugly colour.

That seems to be the majority of Gw2 community, I can't post my personal opinion without the forum users thinking I'm stating a fact P:

@lokh.2695 said:

@Chasind.3128 said:
    I said it.

Maybe that's like, you know, just your oppinion m8.

Exactly! now you're catching on!

• Mewcifer.5198Mewcifer.5198 Member ✭✭✭✭

So I am a little curious. What exactly is the point of this thread? It doesn't really present any discussion. It doesn't have any suggested changes to "fix" what you dislike. At this point it looks like it was specifically intended to annoy and bait people into replying which is a form of trolling.

My list of suggestions for GW2
    Akkebi | Akkebyyon | Alister Kebi | Akkebi Revi | Occultist Lulu | Shadow Stalker Lulu| Bonebreaker Lulu | Glittermancer | The Mewcifer
    Max Masteries | 15.5k AP

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 20, 2019

The design copies ancient Asian armor and mask designs. I don't see how that could be considered "ugly." It's a definite style.

It's not an animal, either, but a spirit trapped in a metal construct, so "cute looks" would be a bit misplaced here. ;)

• Aridon.8362Aridon.8362 Member ✭✭✭

Oh yeah? Well you're an ugly pencil.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.