Has Anet just proven to itself that WvW is unpopular with double event week?

Ok, long story short, whenever there was a WvW event on, maps are pretty full, because it has always been a great opportunity to gain that extra WvW ranks and reward tracksbut this time, Anet dropped WvW event during a PvE event, but the WvW maps are still pretty empty

which begs the question, did the management purposefully decided to do this to see how the player community reacts?

will this justify to the management team that us as players, we find WvW to be extremely unrewarding ???If we can get over 40+ Dragon Coffers easily for just ~30 min a day in PvE, why would people go to WvW spending 4h 20m on 33 Dragon Coffers ?!

Dragonbash for another week, ain't nobody got time for wvw.July 4th hangover into fly fishing weekend into european summer vacation this week.Womens world cup.Final fantasy xiv expansion, Elder scrolls online expansion.WoW classic duel tournaments the past few days.DrDisrespect returning to stream today.Steam sales ending tomorrow, people need time for last minute shopping.Warframe tennocon over the weekend.Weather too hot to turn on computer.Week long event with surprise mechanics of fast cooldown core skills, for some reason some people don't like this and not playing!

I think that covers all the big important legit reasons why this event is not as successful as past ones. It should be obvious wvw does not have any sustaining power left and should continue to be ignored in the future!

Just did relinks, everyone's in a steamroll match and there's nothing to get with wxp for the majority of players. The core swap thing sounded fun, but like, I have the skills I wanted already. So it's not been a big deal to gain access to a really unoptimized skill bar.

@XenesisII.1540 said:Dragonbash for another week, ain't nobody got time for wvw.July 4th hangover into fly fishing weekend into european summer vacation this week.Womens world cup.Final fantasy xiv expansion, Elder scrolls online expansion.WoW classic duel tournaments the past few days.DrDisrespect returning to stream today.Steam sales ending tomorrow, people need time for last minute shopping.Warframe tennocon over the weekend.Weather too hot to turn on computer.Week long event with surprise mechanics of fast cooldown core skills, for some reason some people don't like this and not playing!

I think that covers all the big important legit reasons why this event is not as successful as past ones. It should be obvious wvw does not have any sustaining power left and should continue to be ignored in the future!

+1was going to mention this

@XenesisII.1540 said:Dragonbash for another week, ain't nobody got time for wvw.July 4th hangover into fly fishing weekend into european summer vacation this week.Womens world cup.Final fantasy xiv expansion, Elder scrolls online expansion.WoW classic duel tournaments the past few days.DrDisrespect returning to stream today.Steam sales ending tomorrow, people need time for last minute shopping.Warframe tennocon over the weekend.Weather too hot to turn on computer.Week long event with surprise mechanics of fast cooldown core skills, for some reason some people don't like this and not playing!

You forgot what probably outweighs all the above combined - summer vacations. Many commanders/guilds paus raids over summer.

I went roaming and tried the skills but it didn't really interest me. I did manage to somehow warbanner rally myself though, button smashing lol.

But this is anet's interpretation of what people were asking for when they kept brining up "core only" week event.

This is why I cringe when I see revenants asking for skill changes. Just waiting for more orbs on more skills.

@XenesisII.1540 said:Dragonbash for another week, ain't nobody got time for wvw.

... List of real world events ...

It's winter holidays right now in the southern hemisphere, so I was hoping for an uptick of kiddies to crush with lots of zerg fights :smirk:

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:Why would you pick the dragonbash reward track? Wvw isn't as rewarding as pve but it offers more fun to alot of people. If you legit add up the skirmish rewards chose the better reward tracks the rewards per rank the nodes and the bags/drops from bosses its not as terrible per hour for me. Of course if you are lower rank and get less pips your rewards can get low. Like theres ways to increase your per hour gain with reward trak increase glyph of bounty and hit the nodes after capture. Actually know how to function w/o a tag leading you can maximize gold per hour. Still won't touch pve but you also don't get fun fights random 1 vs 1s vs actual players either so it's a trade off with less gold if you enjoy wvw.

Just trying to do an apple to apple comparison of current in-game time limited reward

Obviously I know there are other rewards that worth more, can never have enough GoB

@LetoII.3782 said:Just did relinks, everyone's in a steamroll match and there's nothing to get with wxp for the majority of players. The core swap thing sounded fun, but like, I have the skills I wanted already. So it's not been a big deal to gain access to a really unoptimized skill bar.

bonus WXP and Reward Track progress is always a big plus for anyone working on Legendaries

The only funky one is the Flesh Golem :disappointed:

@Dawdler.8521 said:You forgot what probably outweighs all the above combined - summer vacations. Many commanders/guilds paus raids over summer.

More of a reason to indulge in GW2? usually too busy with studying?

@"Justine.6351" said:I went roaming and tried the skills but it didn't really interest me. I did manage to somehow warbanner rally myself though, button smashing lol.

But this is anet's interpretation of what people were asking for when they kept brining up "core only" week event.

This is why I cringe when I see revenants asking for skill changes. Just waiting for more orbs on more skills.

they should do a character swap, if you loot a dead opponent, you swap to that person's buildwould be a crazy week during big zerg fights :lol:

The previous double wvw xp week was also lightly populated, and I don't recall any competing event for that one . . .

But if players are choosing which content to play based on what rewards they offer, anet has already lost. One of the core principles of the game was to play what you like and the rewards would follow . . .

I still don't think there's anything actually wrong with wvw though, other than players refusing to participate in the designed play. Alliances held great promise, but it's been so long now idk how many players it will bring back at this point . . .

@crepuscular.9047 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:Just did relinks, everyone's in a steamroll match and there's nothing to get with wxp for the majority of players. The core swap thing sounded fun, but like, I have the skills I wanted already. So it's not been a big deal to gain access to a really unoptimized skill bar.

bonus WXP and Reward Track progress is always a big plus for anyone working on Legendaries

If you don't have a gift of battle after seven years...

@"crepuscular.9047" said:Ok, long story short, whenever there was a WvW event on, maps are pretty full, because it has always been a great opportunity to gain that extra WvW ranks and reward tracksbut this time, Anet dropped WvW event during a PvE event, but the WvW maps are still pretty empty

which begs the question, did the management purposefully decided to do this to see how the player community reacts?

will this justify to the management team that us as players, we find WvW to be extremely unrewarding ???If we can get over 40+ Dragon Coffers easily for just ~30 min a day in PvE, why would people go to WvW spending 4h 20m on 33 Dragon Coffers ?!

It takes what, 20 minutes to do all the Dragon Bash events on a daily basis? I'd hardly say that is pulling people away from WvW..well, for longer than 20minutes a day.

I also wouldn't agree that the servers are empty, at least not from what I've seen, but there certainly isn't the same level of participation I've seen over past events. During the 1st No Downed State event and the Warclaw launch, it was commonplace to see queues, some times on all maps, even outside prime time hours. I didn't see that with the last No Downed State event, nor with the current one.

One can conclude that less players are participating, but we cannot conclude as to why, at least not with available data.

Are they being pulled away by PvE events?Do they dislike/uninterested by the Core Swap portion of the event?Are they actually going outside during the Summer to experience Real Life?Have players already quit the game mode?

The Bitterati who post here will obviously jump to the latter conclusion, and wave it like a banner over the game they no longer / infrequently play, yet post about incessantly; but as only ANET has access to player statistics, only they can say for sure.

I'll say this much, I always wondered if it was the "event" that drew in players, or the "double XP et al". I think most players find this core swap thing a wash, but the double XP still exists, yet we see less interest. Can't form a conclusion as I said, but it is interesting.

Your last question though is odd. Why is it an "if/or" question? Why would WvW players work to finish a reward track when they could just to go Hoelbrok and get the coffers in PvE? Anyone who is that much of a WvW purist, and not even willing to port to a CAPITOL city has some issues to resolve.

@Straegen.2938 said:T2 is hoping. I have just over 200 wvw levels so far this week with a stupid amount of hours played. The kills are just piling up. I haven't level this fast in ages.

Nice. I don't have any additional time to spend in WvW than normal, but I have been prioritizing it this week. Having a blast with the new server link, met a few new pugmanders who were fun to follow. Hard to care about ranks though as I think I need another 600 or so to reach the next pip? (and I have stacks of Tomes of Knowledge piling up lol)

@Straegen.2938 said:T2 is hoping. I have just over 200 wvw levels so far this week with a stupid amount of hours played. The kills are just piling up. I haven't level this fast in ages.

Hopping really isn't the word for T2, giant karma-train is more accurate. I do appreciate the pips though, as I have already finished my tickets for the week on 3 accts. That perma-outnumbered buff while both the other teams karma-train our third is kind of nice.

The state of WvW is the devs fault.It's like that project you refuse to fix or update to become more appealing, then obligate yourself because you're paid to keep it going and you refuse to bring anything new or exciting to the table that would interest more players, then when you create a crappy event and there is a low turn-out and you turn to your boss and say "See? I told you it's a waste of time!"

Well there is also the issue about the event being broken as hell and people abusing the fluff out of it some more then others and those matches are just a pain. I would write more but since they already removed all the topics with info about this and wishes to have it fixed so that we actaully could enjoy the event have not got any responses so far. This sort of things in a game mode who is already in need of ballance is not helping. It will just make a few more quit because they lost faith.

@"Chasind.3128" said:The state of WvW is the devs fault.It's like that project you refuse to fix or update to become more appealing, then obligate yourself because you're paid to keep it going and you refuse to bring anything new or exciting to the table that would interest more players, then when you create a crappy event and there is a low turn-out and you turn to your boss and say "See? I told you it's a waste of time!"

Though I think you'd find the boss telling that to the employees in this case.WvW never had a chance

@displayname.8315 said:Not interested in this event. Just been checking in for alliance news,......still nothing wow surprise.

Le Tour De France is on so.

The guy with the best pharmacist is gonna win.There, now you can play gerd wers