Why... just why did you create the Aetherblade Jumping Puzzle?

I mean, most if it is fine, except the rotating cogs that 90% of the time send you over the platform and you have to do it all again, and then, the diving challenge, like, why is it a kitten leap of faith, that if you fail just slightly, you gotta do the whole thing again? I feel very negative feelings towards it's creator.

You found a piece of content that requires a little more effort than the usual. That's it. And it has a place in the game. But you seem to observe it as an obstacle instead of a challenge. Have you tried the Hallowen JP yet? Or the one in Ember Bay?

You can do several things:

• keep trying with the mindset that you may just have to do it all over again and eventually you'll succeed;
  • ask for help - a friendly mesmer or two may provide easy access to the Diving Goggles for repeat tries (this is how I did it, being one of the mesmers);
  • ignore it, depending on your level of need to complete everything in the game - yes, it blocks the way to a few APs and a Mastery Point, but you'd be just fine without them.

All that being said, I don't think it would be damaging to the intended difficulty if they introduced a checkpoint just as you start on the alternate route to the goggles.

@Danikat.8537 said:Some people like the additional challenge. This is like the raid of jumping puzzles, it's not for everyone but for those who enjoy doing the puzzles and want to push themselves it's an option.

Bruh I get it but fuuuu... it's just the extremely punishing design that you need to get to know first and can't use your jump skills to get through first time. Like you need to know that you get across the weird blue spin platforms at the top by walking onto them when they start spinning instead of standing on them already in order to not overshoot. How the hack are you supposed to know that? and how is the skillful? it only eats up time and make me frustrated. Plus the leap of faith is just...

@TrinitySK.6713 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:Some people like the additional challenge. This is like the raid of jumping puzzles, it's not for everyone but for those who enjoy doing the puzzles and want to push themselves it's an option.

Bruh I get it but fuuuu... it's just the extremely punishing design that you need to get to know first and can't use your jump skills to get through first time. Like you need to know that you get across the weird blue spin platforms at the top by walking onto them when they start spinning instead of standing on them already in order to not overshoot. How the hack are you supposed to know that? and how is the skillful? it only eats up time and make me frustrated. Plus the leap of faith is just...

Engineer's Rifle, try it! It skip most part if you fail or make certain jump easier

@TrinitySK.6713 said:

Its completely optional, ignore it if it frustrates you that much. Those who really really want to finish it will do it with guides and succeed. As the most challenging JP its fine.

@MikeG.6389 said:You found a piece of content that requires a little more effort than the usual. That's it. And it has a place in the game. But you seem to observe it as an obstacle instead of a challenge. Have you tried the Hallowen JP yet? Or the one in Ember Bay?

You can do several things:

• keep trying with the mindset that you may just have to do it all over again and eventually you'll succeed;
  • ask for help - a friendly mesmer or two may provide easy access to the Diving Goggles for repeat tries (this is how I did it, being one of the mesmers);
  • ignore it, depending on your level of need to complete everything in the game - yes, it blocks the way to a few APs and a Mastery Point, but you'd be just fine without them.

All that being said, I don't think it would be damaging to the intended difficulty if they introduced a checkpoint just as you start on the alternate route to the goggles.

I can do the Halloween jp with my hands tied behind my back, even did it a few times with just my left hand on the keyboard, no mouse (all chests included)And it's not the difficulty of the jumps, the jumps are fine. I'm saying the rotors that send you flying are dumb. Cuz they can overshoot you, and the only reason you get reset is because you didn't know a very specific way to approach them that wasn't hinted at whatsoever.

And I did it, after a bloody long time. I ain't a weak quitter. I need that Central Tyria mastery.

@"Bosanac.3658" said:

Its completely optional, ignore it if it frustrates you that much. Those who really really want to finish it will do it with guides and succeed. As the most challenging JP its fine.

Had to get it for a mastery. I need masteries so I don't get xp blocked and can farm spirit shards on SW.

@TrinitySK.6713 said:

@"Bosanac.3658" said:

Had to get it for a mastery. I need masteries so I don't get xp blocked and can farm spirit shards on SW.

There are plenty of other Core Tyria Mastery points, I suggest thoroughly checking the achievements tab and see which would be the easy ones to do.

@TrinitySK.6713 said:I can do the Halloween jp with my hands tied behind my back, even did it a few times with just my left hand on the keyboard, no mouse (all chests included)Congratulations.And it's not the difficulty of the jumps, the jumps are fine. I'm saying the rotors that send you flying are dumb. Cuz they can overshoot you, and the only reason you get reset is because you didn't know a very specific way to approach them that wasn't hinted at whatsoever.Hence the difficulty of the puzzle.And I did it, after a bloody long time. I ain't a weak quitter. I need that Central Tyria mastery.So all this just to went? And as said above, there are more than enough core Mastery Points available to skip this one. Much more.

@MikeG.6389 said:

@TrinitySK.6713 said:I can do the Halloween jp with my hands tied behind my back, even did it a few times with just my left hand on the keyboard, no mouse (all chests included)Congratulations.Thank you :3And it's not the difficulty of the jumps, the jumps are fine. I'm saying the rotors that send you flying are dumb. Cuz they can overshoot you, and the only reason you get reset is because you didn't know a very specific way to approach them that wasn't hinted at whatsoever.Hence the difficulty of the puzzle.Alright if you consider that fair play I can't really argue. For me it really ain't but that's just difference of opinion.And I did it, after a bloody long time. I ain't a weak quitter. I need that Central Tyria mastery.So all this just to went? And as said above, there are more than enough core Mastery Points available to skip this one. Much more.

Yeah a vent was really needed and even though there are a bunch I was trying to do the quickest easiest ones so I could start farming as soon as possible.

Challenge equals knowing what to do but it requires skill to succeed.

Challenge does not equal having to do the same content 20 times just to figure out the right course.

That being said, this is not a challenge. It is a puzzle like the name "Jumping Puzzle" suggests. I personally would prefer a "Jumping Challenge" so I could focus on the skill aspect of it but that is not what Anet likes to create. They like their puzzles and many player prefer it that way. I just skip this type of content in most cases.

practice makes perfect, i was do it everyday across all 8 toons to speed up my collection of blade shards for the backpacks

and the jumps are nowhere as difficult as Ember Bay, no portal directly to the end is allowed, and if you fail the final jump and happened to died, you dont even start from the start, you may need to go from WP to the start of the JP and start again, because you may have taken so long that the checkpoints times out

also, there are places that you may fall into that you cant jump out from, unless there's happened to be a mes around you, you need to WP out, (you cant /gg to reset to checkpoints) and when you WP out your checkpoints get wiped

i remember the first time when i did it, even watching video guide of it, it took like 3-4 hours

I've done the JP with the diving bit as well. And spent a long time doing it over and over again until got it right. But I have to agree to one thing the Original Poster wrote: I just don't like the mechanics of this JP.

I don't mind jumping, challenges, difficulties etc. But I did strongly dislike all the different mechanics you just had to try and fail enough times to sorta get a guts feeling for how they actually worked/moved you:

• The rotating cog that you have to stand on and face the right direction or it just shoots you off in the wrong way.
  • The pistons that sends you up, which you have to time the movement to a tiny faction before they trigger to move far enough horizontally on a few jumps.
  • The super annoying combinations of these with big drops you can't recover from.
  • The incredibly super annoying combinations of these with drops and those stupid extra walls you have to get around to get to the top of the diving googles.

Also DareDevil with staff makes short work of most of the actually annoying "jumps" in the JP, so if you're sick climbing over the "rung" to get back up after falling down, just use Thief Staff#5 over all the tubes.

@"joneirikb.7506" said:Also DareDevil with staff makes short work of most of the actually annoying "jumps" in the JP, so if you're sick climbing over the "rung" to get back up after falling down, just use Thief Staff#5 over all the tubes.

Vouch. I was finally able to finish this on my Daredevil using staff 5 after much frustration and searching for answers.

This thing is invaluable for any JP.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Prototype_Position_Rewinder

@TrinitySK.6713 said:I mean, most if it is fine, except the rotating cogs that 90% of the time send you over the platform and you have to do it all again, and then, the diving challenge, like, why is it a kitten leap of faith, that if you fail just slightly, you gotta do the whole thing again? I feel very negative feelings towards it's creator.

The cogs before the diving goggles are pretty broken. I believe you can cheese them with dragonhunter f2.

@TrinitySK.6713 said:I mean, most if it is fine, except the rotating cogs that 90% of the time send you over the platform and you have to do it all again, and then, the diving challenge, like, why is it a kitten leap of faith, that if you fail just slightly, you gotta do the whole thing again? I feel very negative feelings towards it's creator.

How I feel about it's creator would give me a permaban on this forum :)

@TrinitySK.6713 said:

@"Bosanac.3658" said:

Had to get it for a mastery. I need masteries so I don't get xp blocked and can farm spirit shards on SW.You don't get xp blocked from lack of mastery points. If all of your active mastery tracks are filled with experience but you don't have the points to train said masteries, you will gain spirit shards just like you would once you had finished all masteries.

That said, I don't consider this particular mastery point either quick or easy, but then it's the only diving goggle I've had missing for many many years 8) .

@TrinitySK.6713 said:I mean, most if it is fine, except the rotating cogs that 90% of the time send you over the platform and you have to do it all again, and then, the diving challenge, like, why is it a kitten leap of faith, that if you fail just slightly, you gotta do the whole thing again? I feel very negative feelings towards it's creator.Rotating cogs are currently bugged (unless they've got fixed very recently) and have been bugged for years. One of the past updates made it so the distance you get thrown from cogs gets affected by at least some buffs to speed (like, for example, chrono's innate +10% speed buff). Anet never (again, unless they have fixed it recently, although i doo not believe they did that) bothered to address that issue.