Can't beat library; elites too hard

The Elites respawn, so you should find a variety that you can easily beat and just farm it until you get what you need. Essentially, just skip the Elite Fleshreaver if it has the "Restorer" buff since it seems your DPS is too low to outpace it's healing effect.

If you are still having trouble, you could always invite a friend to join you.

I killed one of the big black ghost things? I forget what they are called, it's one of the first ones on one of the spines that comes up to the middle. I killed just that one (I think I had to clear 2-3 mobs before killing it), then I'd leave the instance, and come right back in, and it would be respawned. Repeated that until I got all the keys, then went to all the chests. I didn't have any issues with elites too close to chests. I think I had to clear out a few normals here or there to make it to a chest or two.

I used my Zerker Weaver and used a Earth Elemental pet to help tank for me. The trick was unloading and getting it killed before the pet died. There were a few times I had to run away and reset the fight. Always waited for the big guy to be ready before I tried again each time. :)

@Boogiepop Void.6473 said:I've gone in with 5 different classes and I can't finish on any of them. The elites you need to get keys from are too hard, especially when they start spawning healing coalescences that take them back up to full before you can stop them. Cannot get griffen.

I killed the Elite Aatxe 9 times for his key .... he is the closest one to the entry portal. Kill him, take the key leave the instance , go back in and he will respawn .... then its all about finding the chests which are REALLY easy to find and the other elites are easy to avoid :)

GOOD LUCK!

I had the same issue, I gave up and put a call out on LFG. Waited over 2 hours for someone to come with me, but not before asking for help on these forums first. :angry:With two people it's definitely easier, though some professions can ace it easy enough thanks to their use of skills and good burst damage. Take a friend to be safe.

What it boils down to is your build is probably too far down on the defensive side, or you're carrying enough CCs.... which is surprising considering how much CCs nearly every Espec besides Druid can generate with ease. Even on my Holo, with relatively horrible DPS, was able to work it down by simply spacing out my hard CCs to keep the healing coalescence from moving. Even using pull skills to separate them, then quickly hammer down the healing basstages before going back to knocking the crap out of the big guy. Thats a minimal amount of strategy, a moderate amount of effort, and semi-competent DPS output.

If you're really having a hard time, don't be afraid to pull out the HOT Especs, which are mostly DPS or AOE CC tuned. If the build can bash a Champ, then they shouldn't have too much trouble killing the elite with healing power.

None of them should be challenging to kill other than the one that heals, since, well, they don't heal. Just plink away until they die.

The healing one was a surprise for sure. I started it off using the proper mechanics but it spawned heals so insanely fast that I wound up needing to just keep it poisoned and brute forced it. Don't forget poison exists, or just ignore that one if you're not interested in a challenge.

@Boogiepop Void.6473 said:You consider the Ataxe easy? That thing puts out near-continuous 10s unbreacakble stuns. It's almost impossible to MOVE, never mind kill. And the sades don't even need coalescences; they heal back to full INSTANTLY if you ever stop damaging them for a second; Even casting your heal is too long.

I did, yes :3 out of all of my other choices .....

Buddy up! Thats the quickest easiest way to get 'er done!

@Purgatori.3645 said:Buddy up! That's the quickest easiest way to get 'er done!

I did that to get rid of that kittening fleshweaver.

Then I found out the elites and their keys will respawn so you don't even have to bother. Find one or five elites you can kill and just wait for the respawns.

@Rauderi.8706 said:

@Purgatori.3645 said:Buddy up! That's the quickest easiest way to get 'er done!

I did that to get rid of that kittening fleshweaver.

The Fleshweaver was the toughest of them all, that's why you should avoid it and go for other elites. There are enough there, plus the respawn times are decent.

I found them all pretty easy with my tempest, I just summoned an earth golem to take the heat while I took them down from range with staff, that made taking any of them on a piece of cake.

For ones when my elemental was on cd, I found kiting worked fine, but keeping it in a radius of where it was, otherwise health would regen.

So maybe try ranged with some minion/elemental/pet etc.

I couldn't kill even one on my Daredevil (even the Shade got me at the very end when it was at 1 or 2% health and I misjudged a dodge direction -- didn't help that it kept healing up each time I hopped up a little bronze ridge and it decided I'd gone out of reach, so I had to stay in a narrow band going back and forth). So I called on a friend and with his Scrapper the two of us easily cleared them all, then I ran around to the chests. I was quite grateful, especially as he hadn't gotten to the first library visit in his story yet so he got a little bit of a scenery spoiler.

@Ojimaru.8970 said:

@Ameepa.6793 said:Take a friend with you if you have one. Hired help also works!

Put up and LFG, ask for help, etc. Different people have different skill levels, but the differences can (usually) be mitigated by having more than one person.

Exactly. Have you tried that (or ask in /map)? Every time I've seen someone ask, they've gotten assistance or someone in a similar situation.(Also, as others noted, if you can find one of the four boss types that you can kill, you can just wait for them to respawn or find their "copy" elsewhere in the lobby. You don't have to kill 10 different bosses, just succeed in killing any of them 10x.)

Archived