lady 4075

lady.4075

I have been playing guild war since the first day the game went on line now I playing guild wars 2, a very long time and its a game guyswhy are you making getting these mount so hard or long that is not fun any more, the griffin was hard but now the sky scale is ridicules I like guild and guild wars 2 but these mounts, I like the mount, I will not do another mount if you do like the sky scale so please don't make me get it by having to use in the play or having to use it just to play the game, like to get mastery point like the beetle you cant get some without the beetle to break the wall to get to them I did not want the beetle but in order to get the skyscale and the mastery points a I needed it this is a game and its suppose to be fun for everyone and I for one am not happy about the mounts, now after 4 weeks of hours every day im down to the saddle and i dont have the items needed to get the parts i am so burned out i dont even want to play and i know lots of people that will not get the skyscale for just this every reason please make them alittle easierthank you

I am trying to think of something that made getting the skyscale hard to the point it became NOT fun tbh.The only slight critique I could recall was the time gating around it when the content launched but even that got some improvement iirc.We each have the right to form our own opinions on content and I guess OP yours isn't a positive one and that's ok, not all content is great for everyone. Thankfully it is not something that is essential for anyone to have in order to carry on playing and enjoying the game so if your not enjoying it dont force yourself to do it, do something else instead and just chip away at the collection every now and then.

I was one of the few that already had map currency and was basically only halted due to time gating. That being said, after acquiring the mount I can say in my own "personal" view.... kitten thing wasn't worth it. Just something to sell skins and make people grind dead maps.

Unfortunately lady, its as everyone says..

I personally found the skyscale collection a bore/chore only when I was rushing through it , I was only looking at the end reward and did not give a crap about the actual collection.I was burnt out by the collection that I gave it a rest and played somethin else. I came back later to do it at my own pace

If you take your time and do it slowly, you may find yourself doing the collection 'easier'

well, at least it gives a real sense of achievement, unlike some others that are defined by the size of the wallet

if you have barely materials to start on skyscale, yes it is going to take you quite a lot of farmings to dobut if you had spent a tiny fraction of your play time everyday in the past, skycale barely takes any effort, most of the time will be just doing the scavenger hunt and sitting out waiting for the daily resets

@lady.4075 said:

I have been playing guild war since the first day the game went on line now I playing guild wars 2, a very long time and its a game guyswhy are you making getting these mount so hard or long that is not fun any more, the griffin was hard but now the sky scale is ridicules I like guild and guild wars 2 but these mounts, I like the mount, I will not do another mount if you do like the sky scale so please don't make me get it by having to use in the play or having to use it just to play the game, like to get mastery point like the beetle you cant get some without the beetle to break the wall to get to them I did not want the beetle but in order to get the skyscale and the mastery points a I needed it this is a game and its suppose to be fun for everyone and I for one am not happy about the mounts, now after 4 weeks of hours every day im down to the saddle and i dont have the items needed to get the parts i am so burned out i dont even want to play and i know lots of people that will not get the skyscale for just this every reason please make them alittle easierthank you

I understand what you say. And I approve you.For the ppl enjoying the collection, congratulation. You had your piece of content.

What about a returning player wanting the mount but not having enough currency for each map? Grinding? It is fun? Or not having enough materials for the gated content? Or having the materials but being displeased by the gates?

I still consider the Skyscale as a bad implementation. And the equal put between it and a legendary item is even worse. Not to speak about the gating - time gating, gated by another time gating. Charged crystals (one per day) to craft food - another daily. And to feed the mount - daily, of course.

For the OP - try to find the good part of this. If you will ever want the legendary item related with this LS (Vision), then you can have some of the requirements fulfilled by doing the Skyskale collection. Aka - the map currency / metaachievements on each map. And not at least, think at the Skyscale as a training for Vision =)

@lady.4075 said:I have been playing guild war since the first day the game went on line now I playing guild wars 2, a very long time and its a game guyswhy are you making getting these mount so hard or long that is not fun any more, the griffin was hard but now the sky scale is ridicules I like guild and guild wars 2 but these mounts, I like the mount, I will not do another mount if you do like the sky scale so please don't make me get it by having to use in the play or having to use it just to play the game, like to get mastery point like the beetle you cant get some without the beetle to break the wall to get to them I did not want the beetle but in order to get the skyscale and the mastery points a I needed it this is a game and its suppose to be fun for everyone and I for one am not happy about the mounts, now after 4 weeks of hours every day im down to the saddle and i dont have the items needed to get the parts i am so burned out i dont even want to play and i know lots of people that will not get the skyscale for just this every reason please make them alittle easierthank you

Dont get them, proplem solved. Not everything is for everyone

Skyscale collection is long and may be boring (everyone has it's own definition what is boring), but remember that you don't need this mount. Skyscale isn't required for any gamemode. People wants to get everything for free, without effort. People are lazy, they can't go through the map and read the hints, some of the players can't even look at the map for a little mark, just GIVE ME THIS NOW.I like the achiv/collection system. What's the point of playing the game, if you don't need to play if you want to get something?

The only part I can say I didn't really enjoy was finding the eggs and rifts, but I think perhaps it was because I looked up a video guide. I can see how if it was the first time it may be meant for exploration to go around maps and would have been more enjoyable. But it was too many. I just chipped away with it slowly, but I dreaded it for some reason. Now I think about it, I think it was because it was so mundane. I'd prefer it they made it a puzzle or riddle but if someone makes a guide, it'd be mundane also.

If getting the additional mounts causes too much distress, just don't do it.

I still don't have the Griffon, Rollerbeetle, Warclaw & Skyscale... because I found the collections to be daunting and haven't been impacted much by not having them. I do hope to get them one day though. I'm actually waiting for the boyfriend to catch up so we can do the collections together ^^

Maybe that could be an idea. Try to do the collections with a friend / guildie so that it doesn't feel too much as a grind?

@lady.4075 said:I have been playing guild war since the first day the game went on line now I playing guild wars 2, a very long time and its a game guyswhy are you making getting these mount so hard or long that is not fun any more, the griffin was hard but now the sky scale is ridicules I like guild and guild wars 2 but these mounts, I like the mount, I will not do another mount if you do like the sky scale so please don't make me get it by having to use in the play or having to use it just to play the game, like to get mastery point like the beetle you cant get some without the beetle to break the wall to get to them I did not want the beetle but in order to get the skyscale and the mastery points a I needed it this is a game and its suppose to be fun for everyone and I for one am not happy about the mounts, now after 4 weeks of hours every day im down to the saddle and i dont have the items needed to get the parts i am so burned out i dont even want to play and i know lots of people that will not get the skyscale for just this every reason please make them alittle easierthank you

You cannot possibly mean EASIER when you are only waiting on the currency because you can just go and buy 5 of each from the vendor. It cannot GET any easier than that.

EDIT: And if it took you four weeks to get that far, you could have already HAD the currency. And...I'm having a bit of trouble following your post, but are you asking them not to put in things that require a Skyscale, like the skyscale race and such? So, for example, they shouldn't put anything through Jackal portals that requires the Jackal, or griffon things that require the Griffon, or Beetle things that require the Beetle, or long spaces because folks might not have gliding...Uhm, no? I like being able to use the mounts and skills I got! Put more things in!!

@Cristalyan.5728 said:What about a returning player wanting the mount but not having enough currency for each map? Grinding? It is fun?

No, grindig isn't fun, and I'm not a returning player and had to grind those regardless of it, because I kept consuming the currencies for magic. But you and the OP, and many others, make it sound like this was the only thing the collection was about, when it was not - it consisted of a variety of things.

I actually found the Skyscale story/journey enjoyable for the most part. Perhaps this was because I wasn't interested in the skyscale itself (I much prefer the griffon) and was just poking along doing at my own pace, in my own way without external website/walkthrough help. Searching and figuring things out oneself is far more satisfying than blindly following a guide and I enjoyed listening to Gorrik and his reasoning for the varous steps.

I know things are a drag to many because they just 'want to get them done', or they see another player with an item/mount and want one for themselves right now. I'm not saying you are, OP, but I think too many gamers are just impatient these days.

I think the collection would have been a lot more fun if Skyscales were more accessible during the collection (maybe a map-specific mount unlocked during the story that can't be mounted outside of the map until you complete the achievement). I spent the entire achievement wanting to fly a skyscale, which obviously tarnished my experience as I rushed through content that did not involve flying skyscales. It didn't help that using the available rental skyscales was very inconvenient, as you couldn't dismount without losing the skyscale.

It's a shame, because the achievements weren't actually that bad.

@Westenev.5289 said:I think the collection would have been a lot more fun if Skyscales were more accessible during the collection (maybe a map-specific mount unlocked during the story that can't be mounted outside of the map until you complete the achievement). I spent the entire achievement wanting to fly a skyscale, which obviously tarnished my experience as I rushed through content that did not involve flying skyscales. It didn't help that using the available rental skyscales was very inconvenient, as you couldn't dismount without losing the skyscale.

But if the rental skyscale didn't disappear on dismount, why would anyone need to do the collections to get a permanent skyscale?

@Kaliwenda.3428 said:

@Westenev.5289 said:I think the collection would have been a lot more fun if Skyscales were more accessible during the collection (maybe a map-specific mount unlocked during the story that can't be mounted outside of the map until you complete the achievement). I spent the entire achievement wanting to fly a skyscale, which obviously tarnished my experience as I rushed through content that did not involve flying skyscales. It didn't help that using the available rental skyscales was very inconvenient, as you couldn't dismount without losing the skyscale.

But if the rental skyscale didn't disappear on dismount, why would anyone need to do the collections to get a permanent skyscale?

Not all maps would have rentals, so you couldnt use them in maps not related to the collection at all i think?

@Kaliwenda.3428 said:

They wouldn't, if they were only planning to take the skyscale on a tour around Dragonfall. If the player wanted to take the skyscale outside of Dragonfall, they would need to complete the achievements to raise their own skyscale (free from aging defects). If Anet had done it this way, I think I wouldn't have been in such a rush to complete the story and achievements to adhere to the (then) daily timegates, and might have even enjoyed raising my own little skyscale.

But, I digress. What's done is done.