HYDRA Dragon and Underwater content upcoming?

Thye implied S5 would not be as Dragon focused and that less world ending stories would come to give us a bit of break from the apocalypse

The underwater dragon has been an upcoming theory for pretty much ever season and expac since HoT. I'm not convinced they will ever deliver it, but I'm def not expecting S5 to focus on it. If it does, poss a lead in later

@Samnang.1879 said:i want an underwater mount...

but any other underwater content--they can keep it

So you want a mount that you are not gonna use? O_o

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@kratan.4619 said:Hopefully a new zone that is all underwater.

Considering how challenging it is to get a decent rebreather, and that many profession mechanics or utility skills perform poorly under water, or can't be used under water AT ALL, I doubt that is something they could do, not at least with the game in its present state.

A while ago they gave us a little revamp of underwater combat that was a step in the right direction. They might do more if only people weren't so adamant in hating underwater content.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:I think people forget how terrible and limiting underwater content is. What we got 3 total weapons? And i doubt any of my alts have decent underwater gear so no I do not want an entire underwater content zone like ever.

They can make a Gungan style underwater city like in Star Wars episode 1, so you would still technically be underwater, but with all yours above water skills. Of course, the rest of the map should be legit underwater content, otherwise it would feel like a middle finger shown to all of us who do enjoy underwater content/combat.

As much as I like exploring the depths of the seas and seeing underwater beauties, I absolutely loathe underwater combat in every game. I hate enemies underwater, I hate how clunky and slow it feels too.Half of the zone being underwater without enemies and lots of puzzles and hidden things? Heck yeah!There could be different underwater dangers (environmental effects, stinging corals, fumes, some dark danger zones?) and some powerful bosses lurking in there (megalodon, leviathan, hydra dragon, you name it!); but coming rarely and giving us space to explore and enjoy.

@Sir Alric.5078 said:A while ago they gave us a little revamp of underwater combat that was a step in the right direction. They might do more if only people weren't so adamant in hating underwater content.

I think it's partly on them; there still seems to be a lot of player interest in underwater areas, even if underwater combat could be a bit unbalanced given it's been sidelined for years.

There are a few players that hate underwater content too, but it's easy to hate something that doesn't work - the worst case I can think of is the revenant, where half of the legends aren't even usable. Fixing it so builds aren't invalidated underwater would help a lot.

Personally, I would absolutely LOVE for the elder dragon of Water to be a hydra! It would be very interesting trying to take it down and I could see the final battle against it being a lane based that has each lane dealing with a different head!

To really get water combat back on its feet.. bin off water weapons, and rework all land based weapons to work under water, giving them new water skills. This way you can play the way you want to under water.

Each weapon i can see has an attack that would work under water. This would mean they would need new animations and effects for water x land. Its doable and i believe this would save water combat for many... but, I suspect this wont happen since 'the code doesnt allow it' or its just too much work. Which would be a shame, id love to see a fleshed out ocean, filled with islands ships and reefs and... horrible ocean dwellers.

As an example, using the greatsword, [swim around your target, slashing on each pass and evade attacks]

Shield could be used to smash you and the target back creating a 400 range gap.

only weapon im not sure on is warhorn... its just going to be bubbles.

@Smoosh.2718 said:To really get water combat back on its feet.. bin off water weapons, and rework all land based weapons to work under water, giving them new water skills. This way you can play the way you want to under water.

Each weapon i can see has an attack that would work under water. This would mean they would need new animations and effects for water x land. Its doable and i believe this would save water combat for many... but, I suspect this wont happen since 'the code doesnt allow it' or its just too much work. Which would be a shame, id love to see a fleshed out ocean, filled with islands ships and reefs and... horrible ocean dwellers.

As an example, using the greatsword, [swim around your target, slashing on each pass and evade attacks]

only weapon im not sure on is warhorn... its just going to be bubbles.

That is the greatest idea I have heard.... Indeed - we would not even need rebreather to be honest... Just make what we already have work under water.

@Smoosh.2718 said:To really get water combat back on its feet.. bin off water weapons, and rework all land based weapons to work under water, giving them new water skills. This way you can play the way you want to under water.

only weapon im not sure on is warhorn... its just going to be bubbles.Keep the underwater weapons but let us use them on land too, on top of the rest you're suggesting.

I think we are done with dragons for now, and i think we all need a break

remember there was some talks by the devs about they want to go with a different direction when it comes to season 5? they want to reuse old map rather than constantly creating new ones; which was the idea of the original concept of LW, the land will alter over time from new storylines

the direction i see for season 5 is it is time for us to clean up Tyria (time for us to see a beautified Orr???) after the mess elder dragons had done, say goodbye to our dead friends from the Mist before Aurene and her skyscale seal up the rips

... and we need to figure out a way of preventing Aurene go berserk like Kalk did since she absorbed the same magic tormented Kalk, perhaps a journey with Ogden to the Depths of Tyria (GW:EotN)

i actually would not mind having a break from GW2, and go back to play a bit of GW1

"crepuscular.9047" said:I think we are done with dragons for now, and i think we all need a break

remember there was some talks by the devs about they want to go with a different direction when it comes to season 5? they want to reuse old map rather than constantly creating new ones; which was the idea of the original concept of LW, the land will alter over time from new storylines

the direction i see for season 5 is it is time for us to clean up Tyria (time for us to see a beautified Orr???) after the mess elder dragons had done, say goodbye to our dead friends from the Mist before Aurene and her skyscale seal up the rips

I'm just not sure how they can make that interesting. While I was taking a break during season 1, I remember the buzz from others was that they were super eager to get back into elder dragons and, given the other enemies we've encountered, I think that's fairly understandable. Scarlet was largely disliked based on acquaintances that I knew at the time(and most articles). As for cleaning up, that doesn't sound fun. Cleaning after you make a mess isn't fun outside of pen and paper dnd because you have no agency. Without agency, it feels like you are just doing busy-work. =\

For my part, I want to spend the season doing intel-gathering on the deep sea dragon. Sailing around shores following rumors and stuff.

@Xykris.6758 said:Personally, I would absolutely LOVE for the elder dragon of Water to be a hydra! It would be very interesting trying to take it down and I could see the final battle against it being a lane based that has each lane dealing with a different head!

Dragon’s Stand, Dragonfall,... Dragon’s Depths? Dragon’s Demise?

@Justine.6351 said:Yes we need next season full underwater, 6 maps each the size of a sea or ocean.

Good way to kill the game.

To counter a post earlier some people like underwater content, the majority do not, I personally find it buggy and, more important, boring. If the majority did like it then ArenaNet (who actually have the data) would have introduced some more underwater content in the last two expansions and the last two LS seasons. They didn't, they also haven't added a new underwater weapon in how long? 3-4 years?

It's boring and a dead end a few tweaks here and there haven't changed that.

@Pifil.5193 said:

@Justine.6351 said:Yes we need next season full underwater, 6 maps each the size of a sea or ocean.

To counter a post earlier
some
people like underwater content, the majority do not, I personally find it buggy and, more important, boring. If the majority did like it then ArenaNet (who actually have the data) would have introduced some more underwater content in the last two expansions and the last two LS seasons. They didn't, they also haven't added a new underwater weapon in how long? 3-4 years?

Nope now it our turn, full underwater season. Don't like it? Don't play it.

@Justine.6351 said:

To counter a post earlier
some
people like underwater content, the majority do not, I personally find it buggy and, more important, boring. If the majority did like it then ArenaNet (who actually have the data) would have introduced some more underwater content in the last two expansions and the last two LS seasons. They didn't, they also haven't added a new underwater weapon in how long? 3-4 years?

Nope now it our turn, full underwater season. Don't like it? Don't play it.

"Our turn", wow, OK then. :lol:

I suspect you'll be waiting a long time for your underwater season.