CONDI > POWER, PRECISION, FEROCITY

Bunny.9834

59 minutes ago, SevlisBavles.3059 said:

Power is literally the meta right now over condi

Although it feels like I get killed more from condies than dmg, this statement is correct currently dmg outperforms condies most of the time. Atleast in high gold to plat dont know about the lower ranks tho.

5 hours ago, SevlisBavles.3059 said:

Power is literally the meta right now over condi

Power gets more attention. Many condi builds rn are as strong as your average meta.

Consecration burn guard, trap ranger and condi scourge maybe even pp thief are ez examples of condi builds at a meta power level that many players never even heard of.

sage amulet is also undeniably better than avatar making some condi bunkers more efficient than they should be- such as simply bunker scourge with sages amulet or symbol guard with sage amulet.

it is not a power meta, not even close

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

scourge, prot holo, thief, renegade are all power builds

what can be happening here is that the most popular condi amulets are sage and carrion, which have a good amount of the sustain compared to zerker, marauder, demolisher, allowing its users more room for mistakes, having a better outcome in fights in lower tiers.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, DragonSlayer.1087 said:

Maybe in Plat or High gold. But every single comp I encounter in lower tiers are bunker condis. 

Yeah don’t worry condi builds can function to legend and plenty of people play and main those.

it’s generally ezier to play while tuning out, which allows people to tune out and get carried much higher than they would on power- hence why people in “low tiers” prosper on it

1 hour ago, DragonSlayer.1087 said:

Maybe in Plat or High gold. But every single comp I encounter in lower tiers are bunker condis. 

Unskilled  and inexperienced players will almost always go for tank builds, sustained builds, a mix, or whatever is safest for them. Those types of builds work best for those players. It has always been like that and always will be. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

scourge, prot holo, thief, renegade are all power builds

what can be happening here is that the most popular condi amulets are sage and carrion, which have a good amount of the sustain compared to zerker, marauder, demolisher, allowing its users more room for mistakes, having a better outcome in fights in lower tiers.

I don't think its that, show me a berserker gear build that can hold 3 people bursting you without any immune,block or cleaning and after receive all the damage from power/condi dmg can come back to the fight without been affect by thousand of condi again.

20 hours ago, Dantheman.3589 said:

Yeah don’t worry condi builds can function to legend and plenty of people play and main those.

That is the truth.

Playing power build don't make you better them who play condi. I saw Power and condi  build in many of my games. And  I play with those 2 build well. But the truth is that condi has a better approach because not every class bring condi cleanse with them.

People want to say that Who play Power has better skill than who play condi. All 2 build requires skill.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Broxxgar.6801 said:

I don't think its that, show me a berserker gear build that can hold 3 people bursting you without any immune,block or cleaning and after receive all the damage from power/condi dmg can come back to the fight without been affect by thousand of condi again.

That is the truth.

Playing power build don't make you better them who play condi. I saw Power and condi  build in many of my games. And  I play with those 2 build well. But the truth is that condi has a better approach because not every class bring condi cleanse with them.

People want to say that Who play Power has better skill than who play condi. All 2 build requires skill.

Playing power does make you better then the guy in a condition build, if you won as condition you won INSPITE of being a condition class in a power meta, in which case you in all likely hood would do much better on a power variation on the same class. And in all likely hood your better then the guy you beat who is power, either in terms of mechanically or at the strategy table where the guys power build trait and stat selection is so bad you destroyed him.

8 hours ago, ovenglove.9528 said:

Power is obviously dominant at the moment. I don't think it is that condi is necessarily weak in itself, but that there is too much cleansing available. Necros in team fights, and engis/weavers on side nodes mean condis can feel useless in some matches. 

The problem with conditions is that you either have the condi management or you don't, and if conditions are dominant you get less classes in play since allot of the condi builds can't kill each other or one or two builds that have high output than the rest of the professions just can't reach. Just like the 2xScourge, one or two Mirages , a Firebrand and one of 15 different power builds that existed with enough condi cleanse meta in PoF so on paper it looked like power meta since it had so many power builds but each game consisted of stacked condition classes. So we don't end up with condition meta but 1 to 2 class meta.  

3 hours ago, Vancho.8750 said:

The problem with conditions is that you either have the condi management or you don't, and if conditions are dominant you get less classes in play since allot of the condi builds can't kill each other or one or two builds that have high output than the rest of the professions just can't reach. Just like the 2xScourge, one or two Mirages , a Firebrand and one of 15 different power builds that existed with enough condi cleanse meta in PoF so on paper it looked like power meta since it had so many power builds but each game consisted of stacked condition classes. So we don't end up with condition meta but 1 to 2 class meta.  

I am not sure I understand you correctly. Are you saying something along the lines that strong condi builds do exist, but the meta is defined by builds that have sufficient cleanse to not worry about them? Which also is narrowing the specs that can be played? If that is what you are saying then I would agree with you.

45 minutes ago, ovenglove.9528 said:

I am not sure I understand you correctly. Are you saying something along the lines that strong condi builds do exist, but the meta is defined by builds that have sufficient cleanse to not worry about them? Which also is narrowing the specs that can be played? If that is what you are saying then I would agree with you.

Yep, for example if condi wasn't scary Reaper would not run Blood magic or Consume Conditions, every power build currently is quite anti condition and not full on power. The problem is that if something happens and for some reason the power builds do not have enough condi management they will flat out get farmed, like Burn DH showed, so you needed a babysitting support that had kitten ton of condi cleanse (SB core guard) and that was just for one condi build that was rolling high, imagine several that can go over the boundary  , the queues would be a kitten show since you will need a support in every game but the matchmaker can't guarantee you that. 

Conditions are still effective for queues though, they fall of at the AT level since people communicate there and they prepare for them. 

Edited by Vancho.8750
  • Like 1

On 8/26/2021 at 10:32 PM, DragonSlayer.1087 said:

Plat and mid gold even.

But TBF, copper/silver (and low gold most of the time) are literally trash tiers to be in - there is a reason that as players get more skilled, power builds become more common.

Put a skilled power player with lower-ranked players and it is an absolute 1vX slaughter.

Even when I was playing necro (which I did enjoy playing condi on) and I happened to run across top 100 players in sPvP, I'd always get them recommending that I play power when I looked for build advise.

On 8/27/2021 at 4:08 AM, Dantheman.3589 said:

Power gets more attention. Many condi builds rn are as strong as your average meta.

Consecration burn guard, trap ranger and condi scourge maybe even pp thief are ez examples of condi builds at a meta power level that many players never even heard of.

sage amulet is also undeniably better than avatar making some condi bunkers more efficient than they should be- such as simply bunker scourge with sages amulet or symbol guard with sage amulet.

it is not a power meta, not even close

Burn guard is hopeless memes, trap ranger is decent, and condi thief is just a nuisance. This meta is all about bruiser / bunker builds that will kill you eventually, or duoques with double-burst comp.

Edited by NorthernRedStar.3054

9 minutes ago, NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

Burn guard is hopeless memes, trap ranger is decent, and condi thief is just a nuisance. This meta is all about bruiser / bunker builds that will kill you eventually, or duoques with double-burst comp.

I kind of disagree about burn guard. If u don’t know the build I mean- it’s basically old burn dh but with consecrations instead of soj. Consecrations are definitely the one thing left on guard that have a nice power level, that isn’t just pure damage modifiers.

ive seen some people use in top teir and I’ve used it plenty- even beat full legend trio qs on all necro + 1 dps, with only plat 1 pugs. It seems good still, just way more situational than before without spammable soj destroying everything.