Material Storage beyond 2000?

Thoughts on limited material storage  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Should Anet have any plans to expand material storage beyond 2000?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No

13 minutes ago, Embered.5089 said:

Indeed, legendaries require more than 2000 of some items. More than 5000, even. So I think that there should be enough storage to accommodate the legendary mat stockpiling.

I say this as someone who doesn't bother to expand my crafting mat storage lol.

*stares at my bank loaded down with various leather.*

Tend to agree. If theres a hard coded upper limit let us expand it to that. Unless the upper limit is across all materials ofc.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Embered.5089 said:

Indeed, legendaries require more than 2000 of some items. More than 5000, even. So I think that there should be enough storage to accommodate the legendary mat stockpiling.

I say this as someone who doesn't bother to expand my crafting mat storage lol.

I believe that Nevermore requires 35k elder wood, but you don't use that in one go. You can spend it as you progress through it. But I still think that allowing people to store more mats, or stockpiling in other words, will hurt the economy. It does in real life as well.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

I believe that Nevermore requires 35k elder wood, but you don't use that in one go. You can spend it as you progress through it. But I still think that allowing people to store more mats, or stockpiling in other words, will hurt the economy. It does in real life as well.

People are already stockpiling in guild banks and mule alts. I don't think that it'll make much of a difference.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Embered.5089 said:

People are already stockpiling in guild banks and mule alts. I don't think that it'll make much of a difference.

Enabling more stockpiling and making it convenient, will only make things worse, probably will reach a larger audience. I think it makes enough of a difference, you don't. Sure. That's fair but either way, it won't change Anet's approach to this.

21 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Just promote all your mats to higher tiers, problem solved.  

For lower tier mats, it is easy enough to refine into squares or ingots...the only time this gets tricky is with things like bones / scales / etc., but proper planning will help with that.  

Wen T7?

• Confused 1

2000 is excessive.  At that point, you could be putting them to use to grow your gold in the TP.  That or using them.  

I do understand that the T5 crafting material requirements are excessive though.  However, those things get refined and used and don't need to be hoarded to complete the project all in one go.

I buy and sell commodities in the thousands (sometimes tens of thousands) and I disagree that there is a need for more than 2000 material storage .

The cost for upping the material storage expansion is data and the background functions for handling it.  If someone can find it, an ArenaNet dev gave some insight to the material storage when asking the forums what we want to be added to it.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Rogue.8235 said:

2000 is excessive.  At that point, you could be putting them to use to grow your gold in the TP.  That or using them.  

I do understand that the T5 crafting material requirements are excessive though.  However, those things get refined and used and don't need to be hoarded to complete the project all in one go.

I buy and sell commodities in the thousands (sometimes tens of thousands) and I disagree that there is a need for more than 2000 material storage .

The cost for upping the material storage expansion is data and the background functions for handling it.  If someone can find it, an ArenaNet dev gave some insight to the material storage when asking the forums what we want to be added to it.

This post (and thread) may be what you were seeking:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Additions-to-Material-Storage/page/5#post6627627

• Thanks 1