Why doesn't GW2 have the option of 1x1 duels??

Just now, Imba.9451 said:

When some people come up with it again every so often, and some people argue against this, there is no way to tell the general consensus regarding the whole playerbase. Thats entirely up in your head. And you seemingly tend towards exaggerating thing (very heavily), you are exactly what my post initially adressed: Some people being loud does not mean they are in the majority.

lol, are we now in the "alternate facts" realm??????

Just by counting in this thread, there are 4 people for and hundreds against.

This is exactly how the other 4 million threads looked like.

If you tell me now, that the PvP guys are not in the vast minority, you need your head checked.

But let's put that to numbers shall we?

I will open a poll just to back up numbers that are only in my head

• Confused 6

8 minutes ago, Imba.9451 said:

Heck, no. I always get as far away from RP'lers as possible, or mute the chat. It's annoying to everyone I know. So your statement is, again, factually wrong.

Wow. A feature thats in the game has an lfg tool, while a feature thats not in the game has no lfg tool. Do you really consider this an argument?

Should I just pm you from now on when I want to know the opinion of "everyone"? This threads existance alone is proof to you being factually wrong.

Ahh ok, i am factually wrong... alrighty

So Arena Net supporting RP game mode in PvE is evidence for me being factually wrong about RP is part of PvE.

Yeah why not.

And telling you that Duelling is not an installed feature in PvE makes me also factual wrong....

You know what, i just accept that i am factually wrong and live with it.

I just want to save you guys from kicking and screaming towards the checkout when we already have passed the checkout long time ago.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5

I don't think even PvP players would want it, if it used PvE rule sets for abilities, as it would be in a PvE zone. They seem to have structured the game in a way that doesn't allow them to change these rules on the fly. Not that it can't change, just that the devs would need to put in that extra legwork if it were to be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm sorry but this post is useless. 

10 minutes ago, Kurrilino.2706 said:

Both camps claim to be in the majority.

I am on the pro duelling side, and I don't claim that we are the majority. We are not.

The other post is useful because people got to explain why the oppose to it or why they want it. We shared points of view and some people even got to a middle ground in which they would accept duels in PVE with some conditions. The other post is useful, this one doesn't bring anything to the discussion.

Sorry for any spelling mistakes, this is not my main language.

• Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, Kurrilino.2706 said:

Both camps claim to be in the majority. Let's see what the public thinks. Should dueling introduced to the PvE world?

No but you def made this cause you were getting upset about pvp being forced down your throat in that thread so you made it so you yourself could declare victory.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Naxian.9823 said:

I'm sorry but this post is useless. 

I am on the pro duelling side, and I don't claim that we are the majority. We are not.

The other post is useful because people got to explain why the oppose to it or why they want it. We shared points of view and some people even got to a middle ground in which they would accept duels in PVE with some conditions. The other post is useful, this one doesn't bring anything to the discussion.

Sorry for any spelling mistakes, this is not my main language.

Please don't feel the need to apologize for not being a native speaker.

Everyone in our community has different opinions and ways to play the game.

Not being born in an English speaking county should never be a case for judging or intollerance.

You are most welcome here and so are any spelling errors that may occure 🙂

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Jilora.9524 said:

No but you def made this cause you were getting upset about pvp being forced down your throat in that thread so you made it so you yourself could declare victory.

I am not upset at all, i already know the outcome.

This poll is to help the other guys to calm down and rethink their position on this issue, when they have hard evidence

what they are going against.

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, Kurrilino.2706 said:

Please don't feel the need to apologize for not being a native speaker.

Everyone in our community has different opinions and ways to play the game.

Not being born in an English speaking county should never be a case for judging or intollerance.

You are most welcome here and so are any spelling errors that may occure 🙂

if you think of yourself as being classy or something similiar, you are wrong. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Donari.5237 said:

Two people dueling on top of a waypoint.  In a bank. Next to a squad waiting to start content.  In the TP.  On top of an RP group that was off in a corner so the duelists maliciously chose to bomb them.  These duels containing all the big flashy effects that annoy people who are *trying* to be in combat, let alone those trying to quietly manage inventory.  Then there's the spammed duel requests, which if blocked lead to spammed goading comments.

Of course at that point the non-duelists aren't uninvolved.  They are very involved.  Just not willingly.

All of these don't seem to be a problem.  People dueling don't block trading post, waypoints, bank access, etc just like they don't block Wayshrines, guild traders, NPCs, etc. in ESO.  Except the last one; which happens anyways currently with people spamming skills, bundles, and instruments near any roleplay event or hotspot.

17 hours ago, fatihso.7258 said:

It must be so hard to put a right click>duel option and apply pvp flag and conditions to the two players in the open world for a set duration and range.  Anyone thinking this even requires significant dev time and taxes resources: I just laugh at you.

No need duel arena, instance, isolation, teleport or anything else. Stop making it cumbersome and weird.

There's a reddit post in this very thread that explains why it's not possible.  The reddit post is made by a developer.

2 hours ago, Kurrilino.2706 said:

Ahh ok, i am factually wrong... alrighty

So Arena Net supporting RP game mode in PvE is evidence for me being factually wrong about RP is part of PvE.

Yeah why not.

And telling you that Duelling is not an installed feature in PvE makes me also factual wrong....

You know what, i just accept that i am factually wrong and live with it.

I just want to save you guys from kicking and screaming towards the checkout when we already have passed the checkout long time ago.

If RP is part of PvE, why can't my pirate character fight this Lionguard character on the spot?

Edited by Sir Alymer.3406
  • Thanks 3

40 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

You can. You just have to RP it.

35 minutes ago, Imba.9451 said:

Thats like saying "You can play GW2 without internet. You just have to imagine it."

Gonna add to this; Roleplayers are notorious for the "but achually" garbage in RP combat.  You know how kids go "But my character has a very specific ability that counters your attack!"  It's that, but worse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1