What I do most often is...

What I do most often is...  

65 members have voted

1. 1. When you come online, what do you do most often?

• Relaxing with simple tasks such as map exploration/completion.
    • Playing PvP, WvW
    • Raids/fractals
    • I only login for festivals.
    • I like to do only challenging landscape stuff (solo bosses, world bosses...)
    • I go eveywhere where people are (group stuff)

6 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

You do realize that the forums are such a small sampling of the player base that any data you obtain from your poll would be inconsequential and irrelevant, right?

You are persistent in intention to turn this into negative discussion.  I tried to respond to you in normal way on previous question. Just let it be. Maybe I'm just curious about numbers. Don't be so eager in spreading negativity. You are risking of making negative emotions in way you are writing on this thread. Some stuff can be written in better way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

No , I just don't understand the purpose of your poll or thread when a very similar one already exists.  You want numbers?  Why?  What could that information possibly tell you that would be accurate with regards to the question?

Also, you posted on a public forum, so you should expect both positive and negative feedback. 

Maybe they just wanna know what the forumites do. Not everything needs to have such cynical responses. Some of yall on here make me miss the world of warships forums when im not involved with that game. Such cynical negative responses to light hearted topics is sad to see.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Just now, Dante.1763 said:

Maybe they just wanna know what the forumites do. Not everything needs to have such cynical responses. Some of yall on here make me miss the world of warships forums when im not involved with that game. Such cynical negative responses to light hearted topics is sad to see.

Then they could simply read the existing thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

I do everything on that list at different times, but I think I spend the majority of my time doing map completion or simply exploring. Although that's also when I'm most easily distracted. I'll often be wandering around a map doing my own thing and end up joining in with a world boss or bounties just because I see it's going on, or joining a group for something (anything from capturing a guild hall to Fractals to someone's personal story) just because I see someone asking in chat.

One of the things I like about MMOs and GW2 especially is that I never know what's going to happen today. When I log in I'll have an idea of what I'm planning to do, but I'm often surprised and may end up doing things I'd never considered just because it's happening at the time.

51 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

How is this any different than

Maybe I'm wrong but I interpreted them differently. That topic is asking what you do on a daily basis - the specific things you always do when you log in, whereas this one is more generally asking about the areas of the game where you spend the most time. This one is much easier for me to answer without sounding like I've stopped playing because I don't follow a routine, I do different things each time. Sometimes I'll have a routine task for a while (like doing the Festival dailies at the moment) but it won't last. But I can definitely say open-world exploration and story instances are where I spend the majority of my time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Then they could simply read the existing thread.

Alrighty.

Its more easier sometimes check info's from voting polls rather than to read and remember for many posts what they said. Since we mentioning some other thread I want to make clear that I don't have anything against that thread.

For example, when you reading voting poll results its not always information that you seek that one option in voting poll that got the most votes but you can for example check through other options how many people reacted to it and check if there is interest for something.

I was heavily involved in organization of some guild and its gameplay in other MMO. There we were making voting polls which will decide when should we level up to next phase of the game.  So then it would happened that first date for level up would get about 12 votes, second date 8 and third lets say 8 votes. What could we read from that? Yes, 12 people wanted to level up in near future but there were also 16 people that were saying "we need more time to prepare for level up". 

Voting polls are fun, you can read it in many ways. :D

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I mostly do the dailies, which I find relaxing. I mostly run my main thief character. However, recently I have been using the weekly flashback events to at least get to the new places I have ignored. 

All my main characters almost have Tyria map completion (cities are boring)

I have occasional goals in the game, though not necessarily useful ones. 🙂

The most recent one was to go into WvW to earn the Warclaw. I was feeling that people may not fully trust me when I pop my apple up in PvE, but once they see the Warclaw mount they know they follow me to glory.

I have main character of each type which all have both elite skills. (I am using only 2 elites)

I have all the elite Ascended weapons from POF and am working on the ones for HOT.  And someday I will give them to characters.... 

• Like 1

Didn't vote because there's no way to select multiple answers.

Almost every day I log in I make sure to hit Daily Completionist, my home instance nodes (mostly to fuse a charged quartz), and kill 10 Krait for Blood in the Water. That typically only takes 15 minutes or so.

The rest is dictated by opportunity and goals. What's up in LFG? That might lead me to a Meta or World boss, or maybe an HP train. If nothing seems to be up, I'm working on core map completion and winterberry farming to change up one of my character's stats. I'm playing along with my son while he gets his skyscale, so that has meant the return to LS for those map currency stacks. When I play with my daughter she's either completing zones or doing personal story. Soon I'll be diving back into WvW.

It changes.

3 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

That's the problem with polls.  The data is highly subjective.

Maybe you could start a thread where you get this "Polls are subjective, forum participants are a minority of the population, only ANet knows their metrics" thing of yours off your chest. Then, instead of derailing discussions with it, you could just link back to it once in each topic and call it good?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I run with 4-7 other Mesmers in WvW and we usually specialize in infiltration, utility and supporting zergs with attacking opposing Zerg back lines. It always feels nice teaming up with what Mesmers are left as we mains have become a rare sight.

It feels somewhat ethereal and epic fighting side by side with, it’s like we’re a coven of Mesmers(witches) working in the shadows. 😅

15 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Maybe you could start a thread where you get this "Polls are subjective, forum participants are a minority of the population, only ANet knows their metrics" thing of yours off your chest. Then, instead of derailing discussions with it, you could just link back to it once in each topic and call it good?

Don't need to.  As long as people post on a public forum, I am free to debate the topic.  Disagreement or dissension is not derailing threads.  You're perfectly free to argue your point of view as well, or just use the ignore feature that is available.  Your choice.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Don't need to.  As long as people post on a public forum, I am free to debate the topic.  Disagreement or dissension is not derailing threads.  You're perfectly free to argue your point of view as well, or just use the ignore feature that is available.  Your choice.

All right, if that's what floats your boat.

Just thought it would save you and all of us a little bit of time with your meta-argument and we could get back to the individual conversations about the topics.

I called it derailing, because it pretty much applies to every single post on the forum, and doesn't really contribute to the individual topic. It's more a conversation about forums, and about as useful as saying, "Oh, yeah, that's what you think" over and over.

Of course, here I am feeding... so I'll stop.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Thanks 4

None of these apply to me.

I do whatever I feel like doing at the exact moment I'm feeling it.  It's inconsistent and all over the place and that's how I enjoy MMORPG's.  I prefer aimless fun.   

I do not exhibit any behavior elicited by Skinner boxes, nor do I spend most of my time in any one area of the game.  

Sometimes I don't even log on.  I know... so strange to not chase the daily.  (exaggerating the mindset, but you get the idea).

6 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

And everyone should be free to make a thread w/o being harassed because you think the topic has been discussed before or is irrelevant in your opinion. And what you are doing is absolutely derailing. How hard is it to click an option or say what you do w/o always linking some thread. Last time about fishing you linked a thread from 2017, 2018 and one that had 2 replys like that was helpful. Then GW2 added fishing lol so you can't get that thread merged. You don't even read the prior threads you just see a thread hit search and link them saying read these threads which aren't even helpful. 

Oh and my answer is I log in just for various pve pvp wvw daily's and log off.

Edited by Jilora.9524
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1