Ritualistic teaser at 0:46 of Vindicator trailer

OutOfOrder.3719

Please make this happen.  Sincerely hope that image isn’t just reusing the Ritualistic outfit and that we are getting Ritualist as playable profession.  The hype is real now.

The Asura and human are both wielding great swords.

The Char has a staff , but why is the Ritualist there on the right.  So cool !

Edited by OutOfOrder.3719
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 4

14 minutes ago, Loules.8601 said:

Why so?)

They are not going to introduce a new class, period. Revenant was a messy release that took years to iron out, and it was implemented at the start of the e-spec system, so they didn't have any catching up to do.

They are not going to make ritualist a seperate class when elite specs exist as a system.

Even if ritualist was a new class, they would promote the hell out of it at the xpac reveal, instead of being all "sneaky tehe" at the end of a trailer.

Even if all of the above were false, a ritualist teaser wouldn't use the existing outfit.

Edited by RabbitUp.8294
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I don’t think ANeT would tease something like a Ritualist , unless it planned in some way.  

Doesn’t just Fishing and skiffs seem mediocre as expansion worthy features?  Sure WvW alliances is coming, but that has been planned for over 2 years.  I’m still hoping for a Ritualist profession, but we’ll see!

• Confused 3

9 minutes ago, OutOfOrder.3719 said:

I don’t think ANeT would tease something like a Ritualist , unless it planned in some way.  

Doesn’t just Fishing and skiffs seem mediocre as expansion worthy features?  Sure WvW alliances is coming, but that has been planned for over 2 years.  I’m still hoping for a Ritualist profession, but we’ll see!

If fishing and skiffs are mediocre, that's exactly why they wouldn't hide a new class, or avoid any hints or teasers whatsoever.

If there is a major focus on revamping PvP and WvW for this Expansion, promoting fishing and skiffs is a good move to appeal to the PvE only crowd.

But another profession would be huge, more important than a New playable Tengu race.

I rewatched the 1 minute trailers for Virtuoso, Alchemist and Will Bender, there are no random images of Guild Wars 1 characters/professions anywhere.

This can’t just be random, the image of a Ritualist.  

Perhaps the Vindicator wields a great sword, but has a secondary legend?  Can’t wait for more details lol.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

It says the Vindicator uses the GS to fight as well as protect their allies. Maybe they get two legends or utilities that swap between Archaemon(?) and Saint Viktor. Remember that the Kurzick Saint Viktor comes from the Noble House that is known for spells and sorcery. So it might be a more support oriented style that they were showing off with the Ritualist outfit.

Would be cool to get 2 legends in one E-spec. Power DPS as well as Support... I don't know at this point because there no real healers in GW2 so I wonder what the Saint Viktor buffs are.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DraconusShade.4590 said:

It says the Vindicator uses the GS to fight as well as protect their allies. Maybe they get two legends or utilities that swap between Archaemon(?) and Saint Viktor. Remember that the Kurzick Saint Viktor comes from the Noble House that is known for spells and sorcery. So it might be a more support oriented style that they were showing off with the Ritualist outfit.

Would be cool to get 2 legends in one E-spec. Power DPS as well as Support... I don't know at this point because there no real healers in GW2 so I wonder what the Saint Viktor buffs are.

That Archemorus ghost we saw in the trailer has to be the elite, so I'm thinking vindicator can choose one of the two heroes for their elite (since rev gets one less skill than other classes, it will be a second elite for vindicator).

Notice how it said "protect" their allies, not support or heal. I'm thinking of https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Shield_of_Saint_Viktor. So vindicator will share barrier to allies.

2 hours ago, RabbitUp.8294 said:

That Archemorus ghost we saw in the trailer has to be the elite, so I'm thinking vindicator can choose one of the two heroes for their elite (since rev gets one less skill than other classes, it will be a second elite for vindicator).

Notice how it said "protect" their allies, not support or heal. I'm thinking of https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Shield_of_Saint_Viktor. So vindicator will share barrier to allies.

Could also be a shield bubble effect. From memory, that was the graphics that were generated when you activated the Shield, it just got treated as damage absorption mechanically because GW1 didn't really have the mechanics for a shield bubble. Would have some overlap with Ventari if so, but they could probably manage to make it distinct.

56 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Could also be a shield bubble effect. From memory, that was the graphics that were generated when you activated the Shield, it just got treated as damage absorption mechanically because GW1 didn't really have the mechanics for a shield bubble. Would have some overlap with Ventari if so, but they could probably manage to make it distinct.

You mean shield bubble as in projectile deflect/reflect?

I don't think that's noteworthy by itself, not to mention we already have plenty of projectile denial already. It's the one thing Ventari clings on to stay relevant, too.

Barrier share is still exclusive to scourge for the most part and something I think devs are interested in proliferating to other specs, and revenant already has some personal barrier, so it won't be out of left field. 

Edited by RabbitUp.8294

14 hours ago, ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

They didn't tease a Ritualist, they showed a Revenant wearing the Ritualist Outfit.

Well they didnt do it for others (if im not mistaken) it may be something. Maybe not specifically a rit class or elite (sadly ☹) but I feel it would be in bad taste on anets part to put that there knowing full well most OG gw players love the class. (Like my self)

Edited by Exile.8160
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

32 minutes ago, Exile.8160 said:

Well they didnt do it for others (if im not mistaken) it may be something. Maybe not specifically a rit class or elite (sadly ☹) but I feel it would be in bad taste on anets part to put that there knowing full well most OG gw players love the class. (Like my self)

Well the Revenant is inspired by the Ritualist unlike other professions. And yes, it is in bad taste.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Elric.4713 said:

Well the Revenant is inspired by the Ritualist unlike other professions. And yes, it is in bad taste.

It  is, even Renegade is a mixture of wards tied to the spirits invoked for example, wich is funny cause we can KB the spirits back to the caster position  xD

Edited by Aeolus.3615

2 hours ago, Exile.8160 said:

They're literally showcasing visuals that are similar in aesthetic to the showcased Profession. This isn't the first time they used an outfit in place of mixed armour, the Harbinger trailer had a Charr with an Astral Scholar outfit right in the background  rather than a mixed armour set. 

• Thanks 1