New Warrior Elite Spec: Bladesworn

Grand Marshal.4098

1 hour ago, sneakytails.5629 said:

So what MH should we be running when not in Gunblade mode? The video showed Sword, makes sense with Sword 3.

I will probably be leaning towards sword. The mobility will be nice, savage leap does decent damage, final thrust is a very solid finisher. If the gunblade has decent mobility (it seemed to in the little video), then the mobility of sword/shield+gun blade would be quite high. 

hammer could also work well for setting up bursts with dragon triggers. Just my initial thoughts. 

The no weapon swap is a pretty big cost. The Gunsaber weapon should be loaded (heh), maybe even the strongest weapon in our arsenal if the spec is chosen then but we would have to see today what we are looking at.

I am curious if the spec also gives us something of an edge we don't normally have, mainly a means to handle if we get kited. ...at least better than what we have issues in SPvP now.

23 minutes ago, Sykper.6583 said:

The no weapon swap is a pretty big cost. The Gunsaber weapon should be loaded (heh), maybe even the strongest weapon in our arsenal if the spec is chosen then but we would have to see today what we are looking at.

It is going to have to have a CC, and at least one evade. Dragon Trigger had better evade all attacks during the animation. 

23 minutes ago, Sykper.6583 said:

I am curious if the spec also gives us something of an edge we don't normally have, mainly a means to handle if we get kited. ...at least better than what we have issues in SPvP now.

From that supposed press release the gundabre attacks at range and in melee at the same time. Which means that it will for like Tremor does now where the melee swing and projectile both do damage.

There is potential there then for it to do incredible DPS, so long as Cal does not overnerf it for competitive play.

So they gave the Warrior "magical-bullets" and took away weapon swap? Is this some late April's fool joke? This is not original nor bold, is plain disrespectful to the class.

After watching the stream.. I was right,

- No burst

- No Swap

- Throwing greandes, having a Melee Kit.

we are no longer warriors. We are engineers now.

Edited by Mesket.5728
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 3

I am surprised how well the concept of the classical samurai is encorporated within the spec .... beside its you know final fantasy elements - with this whole channeling into one decisive strike and all.

Does anyone know how much HP standard elites/Champions have? Because one-shotting these guys seems like quite a fun gamestyle.😊

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Gomes.5643 said:

I am surprised how well the concept of the classical samurai is encorporated within the spec .... beside its you know final fantasy elements - with this whole channeling into one decisive strike and all.

Does anyone know how much HP standard elites/Champions have? Because one-shotting these guys seems like quite a fun gamestyle.😊

Too much even if you are fully buffed and they are debuffed in case of champions. Not sure about elite, not to mention hp scaling if you are not alone

7 minutes ago, Gomes.5643 said:

Well one shotting Champions would be to op ^^. But Veterans and maybe elites (when not too upscaled) would also be quite fun and a different take on standart warrior gameplay.

The thing is the preparation time. Fight like 2 enemies before you have the ressources to use your gimmicks full potential

Just now, anbujackson.9564 said:

The thing is the preparation time. Fight like 2 enemies before you have the ressources to use your gimmicks full potential

Well obviously in standard zerging it will probably not really happen. But if you are with a only a few people or alone in an event with veterans. Also even it is only a big chunk of life which disappears from lets say a bounty champ I imagine feels quite statisfying.

Wonder if you can use mesmer portals when charging the dragon trigger?

Kind of wish they'd left the pve damage in place for wvw just for a weekend to see the carnage and trolliness you could get up to with this. Maybe they could 'accidentally' forget to change that for the beta 😄

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

I will probably be leaning towards sword. The mobility will be nice, savage leap does decent damage, final thrust is a very solid finisher. If the gunblade has decent mobility (it seemed to in the little video), then the mobility of sword/shield+gun blade would be quite high. 

hammer could also work well for setting up bursts with dragon triggers. Just my initial thoughts. 

Rifle is the only realistic option and you will have to run the CD reduction trait on last charge, to make the CDs on Gunblade anything remotely playable, otherwise the weapon is simple unusable.

Once you empty ALL your skills your Gunblade will have something approaching reasonable CDs, not really, but that is as good as it is going to get.

Edited by Apolo.5942

4 minutes ago, Apolo.5942 said:

Rifle is the only realistic option and you will have to run the CD reduction trait on last charge, to make the CDs on Gunblade anything remotely playable, otherwise the weapon is simple unusable.

Once you empty ALL your skills your Gunblade will have something approaching reasonable CDs, not really, but that is as good as it is going to get.

I have absolutely no idea where you are coming from with rifle being the only viable option. Mind explaining?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Caid.4932 said:

Wonder if you can use mesmer portals when charging the dragon trigger?

Kind of wish they'd left the pve damage in place for wvw just for a weekend to see the carnage and trolliness you could get up to with this. Maybe they could 'accidentally' forget to change that for the beta 😄

Also, if they could “accidentally” remove the target cap, that’d be great too. I really want to ultra-murder-slash an entire Zerg to death.

• Haha 2

I gotta say...I feel like the weapon swap lock is kind of unnecessary. You already lose access to burst skills entirely, that feels like a big enough drawback in and of itself. It would've feel pretty cool on the weapon master class to have 3 active weapon sets. It's still less than ele or engineer, and engie even got an extra one with photon forge. 

9 minutes ago, Vennyhedgie.5369 said:

I gotta say...I feel like the weapon swap lock is kind of unnecessary. You already lose access to burst skills entirely, that feels like a big enough drawback in and of itself. It would've feel pretty cool on the weapon master class to have 3 active weapon sets. It's still less than ele or engineer, and engie even got an extra one with photon forge. 

I think the biggest reason is that Gunsaber is two weapons in one, you get the regular skills and then Dragon Trigger gives you a pseudo bar, mainly to defensives that allow you to land what you choose as your dragon slash.

Gunsaber is probably the *best* weapon in a Warrior's arsenal given what we saw. It probably was a good cost to take as it removes some of the bloat that a triple weapon Bladesworn could have had. There's a bit of skill working with scarcity after all. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

At best, it looked like a pop fiction Samurai to me, which is far from a classical one.

Well that is a problem you always have in entertainment. The Guardian is also nothing like the classical knight or the ranger has little in common with its historical model.

Don't post much but I main warrior and dont really play much else. Will have to try it out and see. But I must say, I am 👏so 👏 tired 👏of 👏swords.

Wanna PvP? Gonna wanna swap to GS. Wanna dish out proper damage in PvE? Gonna wanna rock the GS. Wanna WvW ... ok it doesn't really matter WvW is crazy fun mess, but if you roam probably GS?

Now we get a new spec that uses yet another huge sword! Meh. Also that charge up animation is gonna get me ganked in PvP/WvW. Nobody's gonna wait for you to have your little anime charge up moment 😆

I been playing spellbreaker support in PvE for lols and it's terrible but atleast I have fun flying around with a dagger in my hand. When things get serious I sigh and switch to zerker with gs & axe/shield. SO BORING -.- Don't think I've even used a hammer apart from in WvW blobs, again just to CC people for my group to kill. Warrior is a master of no weapons and lean heavily on 1 or 2 to carry them into (some) viability.

They could have done so many other interesting things for this. Did they look at Final Fantasy's Gunbreaker class and go "Nice...we'll take it."? haha

• Like 3

I am going with mixed feelings into the beta next week. Gunsabre looks really nice. I love that you have 3 options for Dragon Trigger plus Aegis and the small teleport, hope this helps with aiming.  The loss of weaponswap is sad, but Gunsaber can probably compensate this, need to see how it really plays to be sure. I am not sure why we lost Bursts on top of that. Do we know if we can go directly into Dragon Trigger without activating gunsaber first?

Offhand Pistol looks really underwhelming and I must say that I don't find it very fitting given the melee oriented nature of gunsaber.

Utility skills are also mixed for me. Stunbreak looks really nice, healing is okay, the rest seems a bit off. I am also not sure why flow needs another charge mechanic then adrenalin, puts the one utility skill in a wierd spot, when we cut just gain flow like adrenalin 🤔. Elite feels worst for me. Sounds like they went out of ideas and to compensate made the cooldowns high to justify this skill.

53 minutes ago, Naneel.2348 said:

I am going with mixed feelings into the beta next week. Gunsabre looks really nice. I love that you have 3 options for Dragon Trigger plus Aegis and the small teleport, hope this helps with aiming.  The loss of weaponswap is sad, but Gunsaber can probably compensate this, need to see how it really plays to be sure. I am not sure why we lost Bursts on top of that. Do we know if we can go directly into Dragon Trigger without activating gunsaber first?

Offhand Pistol looks really underwhelming and I must say that I don't find it very fitting given the melee oriented nature of gunsaber.

Utility skills are also mixed for me. Stunbreak looks really nice, healing is okay, the rest seems a bit off. I am also not sure why flow needs another charge mechanic then adrenalin, puts the one utility skill in a wierd spot, when we cut just gain flow like adrenalin 🤔. Elite feels worst for me. Sounds like they went out of ideas and to compensate made the cooldowns high to justify this skill.

The elite is pretty strong, actually. Refreshes a charge on all ammo skills (this includes shouts)?