New Warrior Elite Spec: Bladesworn

Grand Marshal.4098

21 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Did they uh run out of ideas for warriors and decided to just borrow from final fantasy?

The windup time on that charge is lmao terrible, they'll have to be invulnerable during that time or it'll never get used.

Why does everything Gunblade related always end up being related to Final Fantasy?

Yes they made Gunblades iconic into Fantasy series but they are not the ones who invented the Gunblades. 

While there are fantasy elements in the Gunblades for the Bladesworn to make it functional and reasonable to the setting, the design is based on the real life gunblades.

Edited by EdwinLi.1284
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, EdwinLi.1284 said:

Why does everything Gunblade related always end up being related to Final Fantasy?

Yes they made Gunblades iconic into Fantasy series but they are not the ones who invented the Gunblades. 

Name a game before final fantasy that did it and we'll start using that as the reference then. 🙂

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Name a game before final fantasy that did it and we'll start using that as the reference then. 🙂

I edited the comment above you before you commented.

As I said, yes FF made it iconic to fantasy series but Gunblades have always existed in real life. 

They were just so horrible weapons they fell from being known to exists unless people look into the history of gunblades.

The Fantasy setting just made it possible for people to make Gunblades viable weapons of choice since the imagination for magic and fantasy can replace the flaws of Gunblades designs.

Edited by EdwinLi.1284
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

You mean FF8 (love that cutscene , but ff9 was better with the cartoonish -lightharted story , while ff7 was too serious  and something wrong  happened  in the production of the last  fight 😭) , or Gundam ?

Edited by Solitude.2097

17 minutes ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

Dungeons and Dragons.

Did they uh run out of ideas for warriors and decided to just borrow from dungeons and dragons?

The windup time on that charge is lmao terrible, they'll have to be invulnerable during that time or it'll never get used.

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

My big concern with this speck is that it doesn't seem to bring anything new to the table for warrior, just another gimmick to do damage with. It doesn't give the needed range speck that people thought it would be, or the support speck other people asked for(might end up as boon support but it is not certain). It adds 3 weapon bundles(maybe) so it helps with the warrior not being able to use its weapons, but this doesn't really help with the rigid role that warrior has set in all content types, sidenoder in pvp, Banner carrier in PVE and idk if this will fit in zergs in WvW.

???So it will be more mobile berserker ???

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

Just now, Vancho.8750 said:

My big concern with this speck is that it doesn't seem to bring anything new to the table for warrior, just another gimmick to do damage with. It doesn't give the needed range speck that people thought it would be, or the support speck other people asked for(might end up as boon support but it is not certain). It adds 3 weapon bundles(maybe) so it helps with the warrior not being able to use its weapons, but this doesn't really help with the rigid role that warrior has set in all content types, sidenoder in pvp, Banner carrier in PVE and idk if this will fit in zergs in WvW.

indeed... we've been filling a yellow bar for 9 years. Charge -> release... the mechanic for core warrior, berserker and now this. So much fun...

Also,. shield has stun and block... so who cares for an offhand pistol that will probably have stun and evade? what's the point?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Vancho.8750 said:

And that's why I and several others were hoping for minimum main hand pistol and a support spec.  From the way they were talking about it the spec didn't sound support oriented. To me this just looks like another melee bruiser build.

7 hours ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

It's a weeb spec in the best possible way.

I would have preferred something traditionally Asian rather than silly "weeb" stuff. But we are not going to get that with the Cantha expansion, that much has become clear by now. 😪

1 hour ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Did they uh run out of ideas for warriors and decided to just borrow from dungeons and dragons?

And that is why I still play AD&D 2nd Edition. 🥰

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

The gunsabre will be an SFX effect that will always be there during the gunsabre mode.

As in it overwrites the equipped weapons appearance? I didn't catch that it was a particular mode in the trailer, but I miss a lot of details, so that's not saying much.

So like with kits and holoforge, Bladesworn won't be seeing much of their legendaries?

The darkness of night falls around my soul
And the warrior within loses control
Gotta let it out, gotta let it out
This dragon inside has ahold of me
Clenching its power, trying to break free

Move fast baby, don't be slow
Step aside, reload, time to go
I can't seem to control
All this rage that's inside me
Pullin shots, aimin dots, yeah, I don't miss
Branded by fire, born in the abyss
Red hot temper, I just can't resist
All this vengeance inside me

All of these thoughts runnin through my head
Arm on fire, veins burnin red
Fru
stra
tion is gettin bigger
Bang!
Bang!
Bang! - pull my Dragon Trigger
  • Haha 1

What's with these takes?

Core Warrior and Berserker effectively cover most of the regular staples for our martial class.

Spellbreaker covers a mystical aspect, and Bladesworn is looking to cover a more tech-like aspect for our profession. It fits.

I love it, and using a gun to ignite an opening slash sounds very in-line for a warrior. "How can I improve my draw? I know, I'll use a gun! BOOM-CUT!"

I swear everyone's got their own perfect version for a spec (in general, I've seen the other professions feedback) that they specifically want, nothing else matters.

Without bias, Bladesworn is easily the best looking trailer so far. I can't wait till next week.

Edited by Sykper.6583
spacing issue.
  • Like 6
  • Confused 2

So first off I would like to say I was wrong with my prediction of two pistols, which I had based on both what the warrior was lacking and under the factor that warrior was a weapon master which could use all mainhand 1h weapons in the offhand as well. So yes I was wrong believing that the warrior was getting mainhand and offhand based on the artwork (which did not even show the weapon, suggesting that the weapon wont even make much of a play in the spec).

I do like from what I can see the burst mechanic is being turned into a kit/tome, this will change the flow of combat from the normal bursts and I welcome that change. However, offhand pistol? what is that honestly going to bring to warrior? Warrior has been dying for a mid ranged (main) 1 handed weapon. Warrior lacks in the support relm other than banner bot and warhorn monkey (which you wont be able to use with pistol).

From this reveal it feels like pistol is not even worth mentioning barely showing what it can do. If its offhand only then I for sure hope it is able to compete with Shield and Axe in terms of useability and damage else its not going to see much use in game at all sadly (mainhand would have seen a lot of use).

Realistically we have 2 weapons that will work with pistol and thats it, the most predictable weapons in the game, Axe and Sword, mace has no synergy with pistol in the slightest other than being able to block from the mainhand. As for the PvP scene, are you really going to take pistol over shield? I really dont think so, if it were the other way around, pistol instead of axe you'd slap it on and have a mid range bruiser weapon/support.

I will reserve full judgements till I can see what it can do on Friday's stream, but it is a shame to see another DPS spec and no weapons which truely change the way the warrior plays (the pistol shot was done at point blank, suggesting you'll be stuck in melee). I do Hope they arrange a mainhand pistol as well for warrior else this spec will bring nothing new the warrior can not already do. I thought that is what these elite specs were meant to do, bring something to the table the class cant do.

My biggest gripe is the fact that its an offhand only with a very small amount of weapons it may work with, I am geting tired of using axe in every single build for power and was really hoping to change things up with a new mainhand weapon. Maybe like when revenant first came out Anet will once again make changes and address this by adding in a mainhand version as well. I do feel like this will be the greatest hinderance to the new elite spec as these are your main tools to use for damage.

I shall see what Friday brings and update thoughts based on the new traits, utilities and weapon skills.

• Like 1

I’m quite looking forward to this, as it is full of potential and should give warrior a new flavor of play style, despite the complaints of some of the more pessimistic folks here. 

things I will be looking at in the preview/beta;

Are Triggers channel skills that can have variable channel times? The build up looks long, and that is somewhat concerning from a competitive perspective. Alternatively; do they hit real kittening hard to make up for the long cast time?

How does the kit function? I really like the concept of the kits. However, does it have a long attached cool down? Is it limited by resources too much? Is it impactful to use and integrate smoothly with warrior’s options? Does it provide mobility+iframes? Or sufficient damage? 

What is the trait line going to be? Will it be a pseudo boon/sustain line? Or pure DPS? Or something else, like unique movement oriented traits? Each potential direction would drastically change how GunBlade will play. If it provides enough movement ability, discipline may be unnecessary for GunBlade. If it’s damage, perhaps we can filter out strength in meta builds and have a bit more diversity. 

edit: more things I’m going to look at;

How does the Gunblade mode and “dragon triggers” interact with adrenaline? Is adrenaline management a major limited or is it cool downs? What’s the speed of play? Does Gunblade get to have that beefy 300 range melee attack holomode gets?

Overall, there’s certainly a lot of potential, and I’m looking forward to playing it. I’m just praying it does respectable damage 🙂 

Edited by oscuro.9720
Formatting came out weird from mobile

1 hour ago, Devildoc.6721 said:
The darkness of night falls around my soul
And the warrior within loses control
This dragon inside has ahold of me
Clenching its power, trying to break free

Move fast baby, don't be slow
Step aside, reload, time to go
I can't seem to control
All this rage that's inside me
Pullin shots, aimin dots, yeah, I don't miss
Branded by fire, born in the abyss
Red hot temper, I just can't resist
All this vengeance inside me

All of these thoughts runnin through my head
Arm on fire, veins burnin red
Fru
stra
tion is gettin bigger
Bang!
Bang!
Bang! - pull my Dragon Trigger

Seem more the design behind of Berserk xD.