Do you believe the devs are so disconnected with ele community to make ANOTHER melee spec?

Vissarion.6509

1 minute ago, Ragnarox.9601 said:

at least you get usefull hammer (guardian main here) and our willie is really garbage compared to this new elites.

Most attacks felt slow and clunky in the video, but we'll see. All hammers are slow paced and "heavy".

Edited by Vissarion.6509
  • Like 6

30 minutes ago, iKeostuKen.2738 said:

I just dont even know what to say at this point. Out of all things we could have got, and we end up with a magical scrapper.  Beyond disappointed.

Not an ele main and I agree. 

Same way I feel about warrior being too similar to Holosmith so far based on appearances. Or how elixirs were given to harbinger but that was less connected. 

Basically, I think they haven't put that much thought into these 2 elite specs (warr and ele) as they should. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Not an ele main and I agree. 

Same way I feel about warrior being too similar to Holosmith so far based on appearances. Or how elixirs were given to harbinger but that was less connected. 

Basically, I think they haven't put that much thought into these 2 elite specs (warr and ele) as they should. 

That's about how I'm feeling with everything EoD related that I've seen so far. A lot of it feels phoned in and watered down.

• Like 8

I got a couple thoughts. Firstly, real lame that ele and some other classes force you into roles that are far different from core so the class you signed up for isn't the class you're playing. They should retune ele to have a higher health pool honestly, building for defense takes way too much away from their offense. Secondly, I feel they just pick their coolest and most fleshed out concepts without regard to what the class actually needs (when they can, though. tempest is really lame as an idea and was really a last ditch effort when they ran out of time. Really not a fan of the PBAOE overloads because they force you into close range even when using staff, scepter, and warhorn which are 3/4's of their weapons. Maybe rework those into being like ranged aoe skills or something. Thirdly, I will say that it looks cool. Another melee/close range spec is definitely not needed but maybe it brings a lot to the table and has a large area of effect making it more of a melee staff. The risk of close range allows them to add more to the skills and overload them more, while being in melee is standard for the majority of team based gameplay. Looking at it though, there seems to be at least some nice 600 range skills so it'll probably fit in between dagger and scepter for ranges which seems alright. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Vissarion.6509 said:

Not trying to be harsh to anyone here, just giving melee hammer after the disaster weaver(sword) was, I don't know, it doesn't look good right now.

Most ele mains like to play in ranged and feel "wizardy" that's the reason we play mage. If we wanted to be in the face of enemies we would play warrior or guardian.

After seeing "Catalyst" I feel like nothing from all the things we talked/asked about in the past years and all the speculations and everything was not heard AT ALL, they just went on and made a weaver 2.0.

Of course I will reserve judgment for tomorrow's livestream and hands on beta next week. 

Anyone else feel the same?

PS: Devs at least do as a favor and BUFF staff.

I’m pretty surprised to see how many likes are under this post given the fact Ele community has been moaning and begging to get sword for years. Now it is labelled as a ‘distaster’ because you didn’t get Mesmer-style GS and you got probably super tanky and strong hammer instead. Hmmm…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Mik.3401 said:

I’m pretty surprised to see how many likes are under this post given the fact Ele community has been moaning and begging to get sword for years. Now it is labelled as a ‘distaster’ because you didn’t get Mesmer-style GS and you got probably super tanky and strong hammer instead. Hmmm…

Maybe because we wanted swords, not some discount teef copies?

• Like 5
  • Confused 4

To the OP: Apparently so.

45 minutes ago, Ragnarox.9601 said:

at least you get usefull hammer (guardian main here) and our willie is really garbage compared to this new elites.

Wait until we get our hands on them. Name aside, Willbender looked awesome until the community actually got a chance to test it.

2 minutes ago, Mik.3401 said:

Yeah, people were asking for a sword spec for PoF. There was a clear preference for something with a bit more range this time. Tempest and then two melee weapons is excessive for a profession with a theme normally focused around ranged attacks.

• Like 15

2 minutes ago, Mik.3401 said:

Could you elaborate please? Do you imply weaver sword is as weak as thief sword?

I imply that is clunky af to use, on top of that cheap copy of dual skills mechanic from teef and forcing Eles into 130 range for memes with lowest hp and armor is kneeshot to say the least.
Sword on Ele could become something great, but it become some dancer just to stay afloat barely alive. 

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Yeah, people were asking for a sword spec for PoF. There was a clear preference for something with a bit more range this time. Tempest and then two melee weapons is excessive for a profession with a theme normally focused around ranged attacks.

Are you sure? I remember the warhorn during HoT caused quite a stir because people wanted sword already then

1 minute ago, Mik.3401 said:

Are you sure? I remember the warhorn during HoT caused quite a stir because people wanted sword already then

Because tempest turned out to be a boring support spec with auras instead of any interesting boons. 

Plus eles have a big problem with mainhands weapons, we have 2 choices, dagger (another melee), and scepter (a super boring, outdated, clunky, SLOW) weapon.

Edited by Vissarion.6509
  • Like 8

Actually, I believe the players are so disconnected that they think they are in charge of how the game is designed. 

The question doesn't even make sense ... how do you conclude the spec is 'melee' to begin with? You haven't even see the skills. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 23

2 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Actually, I believe the players are so disconnected that they think they are in charge of how the game is designed. 

Are we? Didn't we play elementalist for the mage gameplay? We could go and play warrior or thief if we wanted to play melee.

The question doesn't even make sense ... how do you conclude the spec is 'melee' to begin with? You haven't even see the skills. 

It's right here on the video: 

Edited by Vissarion.6509
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Vissarion.6509 said:

Are we? Didn't we play elementalist for the mage gameplay? 

Nothing stops you from STILL doing that. I mean, A 'mage' can't use a hammer? Is there some MMORPG rule book that tells you this?

You're thread question doesn't even make sense. How do you conclude the spec is 'melee' to begin with? You haven't even see the skills. The video does NOT show you the skills.

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 22
  • Sad 2

I don't know how this is a melee-only class when you can still use Staff and scepter.  I was using staff on Weaver when PoF fist came out and it was fine. 

The big issue with Ele, and its the biggest issue the profession(and all its elite specs) has had for the longest time, is that it is so balanced, it gets overshadowed by the professions that perpetually break the balance of the game.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Nothing stops you from STILL doing that. I mean, A 'mage' can't use a hammer? Is there some MMORPG rule book that tells you this?

You're thread question doesn't even make sense. How do you conclude the spec is 'melee' to begin with? You haven't even see the skills. The video does NOT show you the skills.

Dude: https://imgur.com/a/H2OmED0

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1