With Bladesworn, what was the point of the Banner change to lightfields?

DanAlcedo.3281

1 hour ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Me and others assumed that this wierd change was made in prep for the new elite spec. 

But BS is not Support nor does it have new synergies with combo fields. 

So what's the point then? 

It's because the devs still think its 2014, thinking that Shout healer is competitive with literally any other support focused build out there and Banners are still valid to be used as a support tool despite no longer providing regen to the entire wvw zerg. 

• Like 6

It still amuses me to this day that the duration of the field is just five seconds (probably because you can pick them up and get a reduced CD). They are either precasted or used on CD midfight to have high uptime for stats.

Its not like anyone would pick them up before condi applications and waste that time running around and on skill activation. Just as useless as the bladesworn utilities (besides flow stabilizer).

• Like 1

So that guardians get another place to get condi clear on their GS whirl in PVE. 😛

It was a pretty pointless change other than spamming tooltips everywhere (i.e. visual noise) because light fields are only really strong in a limited number of places. You wouldn't even want the light field on cast anyway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I don't know... Putting 10 might on Rip along with a sternly worded warning about watching it to make sure it didn't over perform takes the cake in my book.

Gawd I completely forgot about this change. The only point to using offhand sword is a tanky niche condi-Berserker build. Why couldn't they have made it provide a huge amount of torment/bleed instead to actually be a condi weapon?

Warrior's condi builds are so hamstrung (har har). I could see them adding Confusion to Mace Auto (to synergize with Mace Primal Burst as condi) and the Warrior Omnibus to fix sword but they just don't seem to look at Warrior to revitalize the profession

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I don't know... Putting 10 might on Rip along with a sternly worded warning about watching it to make sure it didn't over perform takes the cake in my book.

I think that's the perfect example of how wrong Arenanet sees Warrior.

Left-hand axe would probably still outperform the sword if it was 25 Might with years of duration.

That Rip change is so pointless and devoid of meaning. I doubt many people even noticed that change.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/3/2021 at 12:57 PM, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Just had an idea. One to make the Banner change more meaningful and more appropriate for Bladesworn. 

Once a Banner is placed give it 2 ammo charges to generate the lightfield at will. Synergy with BsW succrent traits and minor synergy via cleansing banner fields for the BsW lack of self-cleanse. 

Bladesworn already has ammunition synergy with armaments, shouts, and physical skills. I don't personally think that every skill in the warrior arsenal needs to become an ammunition skill. 😕

According to the recent stream there is a heart you can complete by placing combo fields down and blasting them... please tell me banners werent reworked to have fields just for this.

I honestly would love to see banners removed and placed with something more fun, interesting and impactful.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Smoosh.2718 said:

According to the recent stream there is a heart you can complete by placing combo fields down and blasting them... please tell me banners werent reworked to have fields just for this.

I honestly would love to see banners removed and placed with something more fun, interesting and impactful.

Didn't even bother to watch the full stream. 

The moment they said they want to make an experience for returning players and that they may not remember how to play it was red flag to me. I'm already of the mindset that EoD is not worth it for me, and listening to them talk about a huge starter zone in an expansion rly made me raise an eyebrow.. Why is that an issue rn? Verdant brink is an amazing and challenging map. Exactly what I want as a non-hardcore raid/strike mission pver. And they put mini JPs and shield stance mechanics or whatever in an expac??? 

DUDE YOU GET THE FREE BASE GAME ANYWAY, learn that stuff in Queens Dale before using your precious little max boost. 

Yes we haven't seen the majority of the content, but if like it's 4 maps (I heard someone say it's 4 maps only?) and 1 of them is half dedicated to cash-grab the newbies who want Cantha and don't remember how to play, then no my friend. Smells cash-grab. 

And if what you say is true, to not digress, LMAO! 

31 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Didn't even bother to watch the full stream. 

The moment they said they want to make an experience for returning players and that they may not remember how to play it was red flag to me. I'm already of the mindset that EoD is not worth it for me, and listening to them talk about a huge starter zone in an expansion rly made me raise an eyebrow.. Why is that an issue rn? Verdant brink is an amazing and challenging map. Exactly what I want as a non-hardcore raid/strike mission pver. And they put mini JPs and shield stance mechanics or whatever in an expac??? 

DUDE YOU GET THE FREE BASE GAME ANYWAY, learn that stuff in Queens Dale before using your precious little max boost. 

Yes we haven't seen the majority of the content, but if like it's 4 maps (I heard someone say it's 4 maps only?) and 1 of them is half dedicated to cash-grab the newbies who want Cantha and don't remember how to play, then no my friend. Smells cash-grab. 

And if what you say is true, to not digress, LMAO! 

Well watching the Dev's play today was very painful with the amount they would have died, so I'm wondering if it's a refresher course for them? 🤷‍♂️