Mechanist Feedback Thread

Fire Attunement.9835

31 minutes ago, LucianDK.8615 said:

What is the oppinion on the Mechanist weapons so far? Is mace any good as of current?

Personally I am eyeballing 2x pistols with the condi mech setup, or have strike damage edged ahead?

If they dont buff mace, it will be only viable for support and there u basically just auto attack for the barrier on 3rd chain. 

Atm pistol over mace as condi and rifle over mace/pistol as power. 

Mace is big trash atm in case of dmg. 

2 minutes ago, SeTect.5918 said:

If they dont buff mace, it will be only viable for support and there u basically just auto attack for the barrier on 3rd chain. 

Atm pistol over mace as condi and rifle over mace/pistol as power. 

Mace is big trash atm in case of dmg. 

Interesting..but it does make sense. Its not all especs that have gotten a good espec weapon. Dragonhunter longbow for one, or Herald shield.

I think /Shield might make a good /Pistol swap for when you are alone?  New to Engis.

Just now, LucianDK.8615 said:

Interesting..but it does make sense. Its not all especs that have gotten a good espec weapon.

While true you cannot expect a weapon to work for both condi and power build. But yeah they should buff the mace damage right now or just add more utility if they want it to be a support weapon.

15 minutes ago, LucianDK.8615 said:

Interesting..but it does make sense. Its not all especs that have gotten a good espec weapon. Dragonhunter longbow for one, or Herald shield.

Yea tho longbow is still used in pvp and wvw for dh. Herald shield often also on open world aside from pvp and wvw. 

But i find i strange how u could make a worse weapon that engi mh pistol and rifle. These r rly no good weapons tbh. Both r clunky as hell and are slow.

But condis and strike dmg on mace is that low that it cant even hold on with them. 

I would only use mace in open world maybe bc of barrier, but at this point idk if its better staying at range with my mh pistol and letting my pet pull aggro. Even dealing more dps then.

Mace really needs some condi n strike dmg atm. It has potential. 

I mean give mace skill 2: 2 stacks burn for 4 sec and 2 stacks confusion. 

And mace 3: additional to the 1 stack burning, 3 stacks bleeding for 5 sec and explosion Tag.

Then its fixed. Skill 2 could maybe get a bit more supportive instead of just vigor.

Idk if mace should fill in power bc holo sword does not fill in condi. Its also not good if mace can fill all 3 roles imo. But it should at least fill condi.

Edited by SeTect.5918
  • Like 1

Honestly, I am kind of glad mace is a bad weapon because I really don't want to be forced to used it for meta if I want to go condi. I think it is a dumb weapon, and I would rather look cool with P/P instead. Now if they buffed P/P as well (which I know won't happen) then I am fine with them messing with the mace. As it stands, I am content where the mace is at the moment.

• Confused 6

5 hours ago, Doctor Hide.6345 said:

Honestly, I am kind of glad mace is a bad weapon because I really don't want to be forced to used it for meta if I want to go condi. I think it is a dumb weapon, and I would rather look cool with P/P instead. Now if they buffed P/P as well (which I know won't happen) then I am fine with them messing with the mace. As it stands, I am content where the mace is at the moment.

Your argument makes no sense at all.

If you dont want to use it, then dont but this is not a reason for a weapon to remain bad. It is underwhelming as condi and barely decent as power. It needs to be buffed

• Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

If you dont want to use it, then dont but this is not a reason for a weapon to remain bad. It is underwhelming as condi and barely decent as power. It needs to be buffed

Honestly, this will be a general problem with the elite spec. Many people not really caring about functionality, viability and general gameplay and just caring for the thematic... "I want to look cool" is more important for many people here than actually performing well.

• Thanks 5

2 hours ago, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

Eh, it actually makes perfect sense.  If they buff it in either power or condi, it would then become mandatory for meta Mechanist builds because you would be criticized and a fool for not taking it. And before you say that stupid "you don't need to follow meta" stuff. You kind of do if you pug and want fast runs, so mace getting buffed would ruin a lot of looks and themes over taking rifle and p/p. Now, if they buffed and balanced rifle and p/p again while making mace better sure, then I would be all for it. As it currently stands though without improving them again, I am glad mace is bad because it means the meta weapons will still be rifle and p/p.

• Confused 6

8 hours ago, Doctor Hide.6345 said:

Eh, it actually makes perfect sense.  If they buff it in either power or condi, it would then become mandatory for meta Mechanist builds because you would be criticized and a fool for not taking it. And before you say that stupid "you don't need to follow meta" stuff. You kind of do if you pug and want fast runs, so mace getting buffed would ruin a lot of looks and themes over taking rifle and p/p. Now, if they buffed and balanced rifle and p/p again while making mace better sure, then I would be all for it. As it currently stands though without improving them again, I am glad mace is bad because it means the meta weapons will still be rifle and p/p.

The Meta isnt that important.
Short example. Condi trailblazers herald and condi trailblazers weaver isnt meta in fractals (obviously). but I always had good dps and never got criticized for using them there. Once someone said: Herald? What is your role here?
Then i said that its dps with small support (for example 20% more boon duration, condi cleanses, and 5 man protection for all) and then i even had highest dps and all were fine at the end.

Mace is big trash atm at its current state and buffing skill 2 of mace to giving like 2 burn stacks for 4 sec and skill 3 explosion tag + 2-3 bleed stacks for 5 stacks would make it a nice weapon thats not even op compared to pistol.

You seem to me like the kind of people only looking at the meta and saying "I will play this, if the other thing is 0.00001% worse".
Why would you be foolish to take pistol over mace if mace has slightly higher dps (for example 40.000 on mace and 39.500 on pistol)? You can still use pistol as ur ranged weapon for example in "Chaos" fractal where the boss has dazes without an end and ur team is not providing proper stability, that are the advantages of a ranged weapon. You also dont have to dodge as much as with a melee weapon because you generally get less hits which is a dmg increase somehow.
Also none would use mace if mace deals same damage as pistol because pistol has the advantage of ranged weapon in pve bc there is literally no projectile block. I mean why go in melee when you can deal same damage in ranged?

Also a damage increase on mace wont affect the total dmg that much because most of ur dmg comes from kits, mech and toolbelt.

To answer the question u maybe have now: "Why buffing mace then when its not affecting the total dmg anyway by a lot?"
Because mace isnt usable at all as condi atm. the confusion on auto attack is only useful in competitive modes unless u have a boss that does a lot of skills, which are maybe 1% of all bosses. Skill 2 on mace doesnt even do any condi and skill 3 does 1 burn stack and nothing more.

People wont kick u if you use pistol over mace even if mace is slightly better in dmg. Just dont look at meta all the time and think people wouldnt allow u to use any other stuff.

Believe it or not but condi engi played pistol for all the time now while power got hammer and sword as options. I am sure they want another option and not getting locked into pistol (which needs lots of reworks for years now) until...forever.

A lot of players even wanted double hand mace bc they is no other option than offhand pistol. Why they wanted that? Because pistol needs so many reworks that we wanted for years and never got. And then you are coming and saying that mace should not be useful, bc u want to keep it like it is.

If you want to play pistol instead of mace as mechanist, just dont use it?
Or just play condi holo so u r locked into double pistol anyway.

Mace is NOT okay in the current state.

Edited by SeTect.5918
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, SeTect.5918 said:

The Meta isnt that important.
Short example. Condi trailblazers herald and condi trailblazers weaver isnt meta in fractals (obviously). but I always had good dps and never got criticized for using them there. Once someone said: Herald? What is your role here?
Then i said that its dps with small support (for example 20% more boon duration, condi cleanses, and 5 man protection for all) and then i even had highest dps and all were fine at the end.

Mace is big trash atm at its current state and buffing skill 2 of mace to giving like 2 burn stacks for 4 sec and skill 3 explosion tag + 2-3 bleed stacks for 5 stacks would make it a nice weapon thats not even op compared to pistol.

You seem to me like the kind of people only looking at the meta and saying "I will play this, if the other thing is 0.00001% worse".
Why would you be foolish to take pistol over mace if mace has slightly higher dps (for example 40.000 on mace and 39.500 on pistol)? You can still use pistol as ur ranged weapon for example in "Chaos" fractal where the boss has dazes without an end and ur team is not providing proper stability, that are the advantages of a ranged weapon. You also dont have to dodge as much as with a melee weapon because you generally get less hits which is a dmg increase somehow.
Also none would use mace if mace deals same damage as pistol because pistol has the advantage of ranged weapon in pve bc there is literally no projectile block. I mean why go in melee when you can deal same damage in ranged?

Also a damage increase on mace wont affect the total dmg that much because most of ur dmg comes from kits, mech and toolbelt.

To answer the question u maybe have now: "Why buffing mace then when its not affecting the total dmg anyway by a lot?"
Because mace isnt usable at all as condi atm. the confusion on auto attack is only useful in competitive modes unless u have a boss that does a lot of skills, which are maybe 1% of all bosses. Skill 2 on mace doesnt even do any condi and skill 3 does 1 burn stack and nothing more.

People wont kick u if you use pistol over mace even if mace is slightly better in dmg. Just dont look at meta all the time and think people wouldnt allow u to use any other stuff.

Believe it or not but condi engi played pistol for all the time now while power got hammer and sword as options. I am sure they want another option and not getting locked into pistol (which needs lots of reworks for years now) until...forever.

A lot of players even wanted double hand mace bc they is no other option than offhand pistol. Why they wanted that? Because pistol needs so many reworks that we wanted for years and never got. And then you are coming and saying that mace should not be useful, bc u want to keep it like it is.

If you want to play pistol instead of mace as mechanist, just dont use it?
Or just play condi holo so u r locked into double pistol anyway.

Mace is NOT okay in the current state.

While I do get your general points, I can not agree with most of them. The fact that it might be better will never be acceptable to me because I can't just not shrug it off like you want me too. Now, if they somehow buffed it to be P/P level damage wise, then it would it would be "okish" in my opinion, but not preferable because I really do not like maces in this game. I doubt though they would be able to do that and to make it directly even which is why I am against it to begin with. Because it would either be under powered still or beat P/P, so my money is on under-powered.  And I know people have wanted different, but this also a place of different opinions and stating them which I have done.

As for reworking the weapons in general, I am not opposed to that because I think it should have been done years ago to many weapons outside engi as well, but I have given up on those dreams which has lead me to my current beliefs on this matter.

17 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Honestly, this will be a general problem with the elite spec. Many people not really caring about functionality, viability and general gameplay and just caring for the thematic... "I want to look cool" is more important for many people here than actually performing well.

I mean sure but these players arent those who're going to complain about the weapon/gimmick being bad or clunky. Looking at the previous page, there are people who arent happy about how the golem AI perform and you have those who dont care about that because the engineer finally has a pet.

That being said nothing prevent Anet to reconciliate both of them by fixing what needs to be fixed so it can be both functional and cool looking.

17 hours ago, Doctor Hide.6345 said:

No ?

Not many players are going to be picky because you decide to use rifle over mace or pistol/shield over double pistol. As long as you do your job correctly you're not going to be kicked or trashtalked and if the difference is barely noticeable then it doesnt matter.

Unless you're trying to say you dont want the weapon to be buffed because you only want 1 and only 1 weapon option for power or condi build and if a weapon is in direct competition with a another it is a bad thing.

Finally you're not forced to play Mechanist. If you want to play condi engi then core engi or holosmith engi are still viable. Nothing prevents you from going back to those build instead of playing Mechanist (and last time I checked, Mechanist condi basically the same as holo condi except you use 4 kit and you have a golem...). But Mace, or spec weapon in general, should be good enough to offer a good alternative to power / condi / support build and as of right now the Mace is underwhelming and the only niche uses is for the barrier the third chain strike gives that can gives you a bit more alac.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

No ?

Not many players are going to be picky because you decide to use rifle over mace or pistol/shield over double pistol. As long as you do your job correctly you're not going to be kicked or trashtalked and if the difference is barely noticeable then it doesnt matter.

Unless you're trying to say you dont want the weapon to be buffed because you only want 1 and only 1 weapon option for power or condi build and if a weapon is in direct competition with a another it is a bad thing.

Finally you're not forced to play Mechanist. If you want to play condi engi then core engi or holosmith engi are still viable. Nothing prevents you from going back to those build instead of playing Mechanist (and last time I checked, Mechanist condi basically the same as holo condi except you use 4 kit and you have a golem...). But Mace, or spec weapon in general, should be good enough to offer a good alternative to power / condi / support build and as of right now the Mace is underwhelming and the only niche uses is for the barrier the third chain strike gives that can gives you a bit more alac.

My experiences have been drastically different then because even when I do it right the trashtalk still happens, so I base my views on that from my own experiences. And no, I am not saying that. Ideally I would like all weapons to be good, but I don't have faith in Anet to make it happen.(Read my other statement about okish for this to make sense. Still hate the weapon but same level is acceptable.) So, I stick with what I know does and work and l prefer the status quo over trying to improve something which might turn out bad. Needless to say, I have no faith in Anet to do anything right.

And for me, the concept of the Mechanist is the golem and not the mace. I do admit the golem has issues, but overall it was fun. Just needs to be better trait buffed and choose where to sit it along with underwater combat.

On 11/13/2021 at 7:30 PM, Adrianna.3092 said:

to be fair... your character isn't canthan... so if you had a better mech than theirs it wouldn't make any sense since this is their tech... and your just sorta copying it...

I don't accept this for the same reason that I think the flavor text for the spec is nonsense, we all just invented golems which all look exactly alike? Also, Holosmith exists, using the technology available far better than any local. If we can come up with holographic weapons, we can design with a Jade Golem that doesn't look awful next to another other region's designs. Just look at the stunning array in the Jade Sea trailer, the forms and styles, we could have. They're obviously capable of good golem design, so how did we end up with this?

I just can't understand it.

On 11/13/2021 at 8:30 PM, Adrianna.3092 said:

to be fair... your character isn't canthan... so if you had a better mech than theirs it wouldn't make any sense since this is their tech... and your just sorta copying it...

as @wolfyrik.2017above, i also disagree.

Just because....lets say...scrapper. Scrapper got introduced by charr. So actually every other race is just copying it, but obv it would be totally unfair if they r worse than charr as scrapper.

I know with technology its different but also as mechanist, I mean golems + jade. Golems are basically an asura thing, they r best at building golems. And Jade is a canthan thing. So basically from that logic asuras would be better at using it than other races. But this is not the case so it also makes no sense that canthans are using better golems tbh.
Well thats my view to it at least.

• Like 3

Mech's damage has been nerfed a LOT with only 25% power inheritance and no precision on base mech AND reduced stats on base mech. We got all this without anything to compensate for it. We should have gotten our boons copied onto mech as base minor trait instead of a useless 50% damage reduction for 5 seconds on mech in pve. Instead we may be forced to take shift signet for more damage from the mech now even as condis.

What they could have done is make the active part of shift signet work the same as epidemic where it "shifts" conditions on target to other targets nearby. Instead the signet is now useless in pve except for its boon copying (which may actually be a dps loss for condi builds since we have to remove one of our kits to use the signet).

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, MErryback.2986 said:

So now that you have to use mace there is only one ranged e spec left, the

Virtuoso?

Harbinger is ranged, too. Even more with these reworks which allow you to support your allies with elixirs from range now, throwing them instead of them acting like a pbAoE.

I don't even mind mechanist to be melee, tbh. I just wish it would have given to us what we were asking for for years now... a condition build which doesn't rely on having all your utility skill bar filled with kits. But the loss of the complete toolbelt made this problem even worse for mechanist.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1