Preparing for EoD legendary weapon

Gibson.4036

Everytime I look at the long list of things required for various leggie weapons, my eyes start to cross and my brain gets fuzzy over the sheer variety of things. But I recognize that there are some patterns, at least, in how they are made. So I'm wondering if some of you who are really familiar with the legendary journeys see things that will predictably be necessary to turn our Return to LW precursor into full legendary.

We can count on mystic clovers, right? That's pretty straightforward.

Probably a ton of T3 to T5 wood and/or metal depending on the specific weapon?

Probably several EoD specific gifts we won't be able to get until it launches.

Probably a GoB.

Is there anything else that is a pretty sure bet to try and stock up on now to shorten the process next year?

UPDATE: Realized I should have put this in Players Helping Players. Have reported myself to see if it can be moved.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

@Gibson.4036i mean, if you have preqursore then you just use https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/calculator/a~0!b~1!c~0!d~1-30694

i strongly recomend to buy preqursore for 120-170g (or highter despend what you aim at) as it's usualy 50% cheaper then crafting

Also you skiping long list of achivment list thx to it, and can only use mats list insted 

i usualy try craft 2 leg weapons evry two week

Edited by Noah Salazar.5430
  • Confused 2

13 minutes ago, Noah Salazar.5430 said:

@Gibson.4036i mean, if you have preqursore then you just use https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/calculator/a~0!b~1!c~0!d~1-30694

i strongly recomend to buy preqursore for 120-170g (or highter despend what you aim at) as it's usualy 50% cheaper then crafting

Also you skiping long list of achivment list thx to it, and can only use mats list insted 

i usualy try craft 2 leg weapons evry two week

Thanks, Noah, but I was meaning the EoD weapons we don't have recipes for yet. I can tell they tend to follow certain patterns, but I'm not every familiar with what they might be, so I thought someone might point out something that's not obvious to me. GoB, wood and metal, mystic clovers are all very clear to me, but I'm expecting I might be missing something as well.

Two weapons ever two weeks! You must have a lot of stored currency and mats! I'm impressed.

14 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_weapon

e: Not sure what's confusing about having an easly readable material list in the form of the table, but ok?

Well, having a table that lists a bunch of "Gifts", which are made up of a bunch of other things, some of which are made up of other things, over a whole host of two generations of leggies, doesn't exactly offer clear patterns to me.

But perhaps you see them a lot more clearly than I do. I figured there are people who do, so I was hoping someone who does might be able to say, "You'll probably need X and Y as well."

These forums being what they are, I was also expecting someone to come along and condescend, so it's all good. 😘

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

On https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_weapon scroll down to:

Generation 1

First generation legendary weapons require a precursor weapon, a legendary weapon gift determined by the weapon being crafted, plus a Gift of Fortune and a Gift of Mastery. All three gifts are created in the Mystic Forge by combining other items, as shown by the following table.

It is a good idea to start by making the Gift of Mastery, and then producing Mystic Clovers, because this will also generate materials required for the Gifts of Magic and Might, and potentially the gifts specific to each legendary.

or in case you are interested in gen 2:

Second generation legendary weapons are crafted in the Mystic Forge by combining a precursor weapon, a gift tied to the particular legendary, plus the Gift of Maguuma Mastery (or Gift of Desert Mastery for some weapons) and the Mystic Tribute. For the first four second generation legendaries, many of the components have to be acquired in the Heart of Maguuma, and each precursor weapon is Account Bound and can only be acquired by completing three collections in the Legendary Weapons category. These collections are unlocked through the Scholar of Secrets mastery, along with a subsequent collection required to get one of the subcomponents for the legendary weapon gift.

For the mace Eureka, and any new legendaries to be released after it, the process of legendary crafting is slightly changed.[2] There are no more themed precursor collections, but instead recipes used to craft the different tiers of the precursor can be purchased directly from Grandmaster Craftsman Hobbs (if the corresponding Legendary Crafting mastery has been unlocked). Furthermore, the new legendary weapon gifts require Mystic Runestones instead of Icy Runestones.

In both cases there are general material list requirements which follow. The text summarizes the basic components which all legendary weapons share both for gen1 as well as gen2.

So far all legendary items have shared the following materials:

- Mystic Clovers to varying amounts

- T6 materials (and in some cases T5)

- often specific materials related to the content where the items are added to

- a precursor of some type, acquired in different ways

We have no idea how this will be handled with EoD.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Thanks, Noah, but I was meaning the EoD weapons we don't have recipes for yet. I can tell they tend to follow certain patterns, but I'm not every familiar with what they might be, so I thought someone might point out something that's not obvious to me. GoB, wood and metal, mystic clovers are all very clear to me, but I'm expecting I might be missing something as well.

Two weapons ever two weeks! You must have a lot of stored currency and mats! I'm impressed.

Well, having a table that lists a bunch of "Gifts", which are made up of a bunch of other things, some of which are made up of other things, over a whole host of two generations of leggies, doesn't exactly offer clear patterns to me.

But perhaps you see them a lot more clearly than I do. I figured there are people who do, so I was hoping someone who does might be able to say, "You'll probably need X and Y as well."

These forums being what they are, I was also expecting someone to come along and condescend, so it's all good. 😘

There was nothing condescending in my previous post. You can scroll down to the tables with basic mats and you don't even need to read, since there are pictures of the needed mats. It really seems rather clear what the similarities are. The general "gold sinks" +map specific stuff on top of the precursors.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

2 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

On https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_weapon scroll down to:

or in case you are interested in gen 2:

In both cases there are general material list requirements which follow. The text summarizes the basic components which all legendary weapons share both for gen1 as well as gen2.

So far all legendary items have shared the following materials:

- Mystic Clovers to varying amounts

- T6 materials (and in some cases T5)

- often specific materials related to the content where the items are added to

- a precursor of some type, acquired in different ways

We have no idea how this will be handled with EoD.

Thanks! Looks like clovers, metal and wood, and GoB are pretty much all that we can confidently do pre-launch then?

• Confused 1

Going to guesstimate we need other than the precurser, 77 mystic clovers, gift of battle, another stack of mystic coins cause who knows how bad price will shoot up.  Few bank tabs of mithril/wood as usual and prob some EoD obtained final mastery item.  Maybe they will show off mats during the Dec 3 stream if lucky.  Expecting leaks as usual with a select few somehow getting insider trading info and mass buying it early.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Mike.7983 said:

Going to guesstimate we need other than the precurser, 77 mystic clovers, gift of battle, another stack of mystic coins cause who knows how bad price will shoot up.  Few bank tabs of mithril/wood as usual and prob some EoD obtained final mastery item.  Maybe they will show off mats during the Dec 3 stream if lucky.  Expecting leaks as usual with a select few somehow getting insider trading info and mass buying it early.

Thanks, Mike!

• Confused 1

Just horde everything. That's what I do. Then buy more alt and bank expansions to support the bad habit. I am making Exoridum and I don't find it too taxing (I'm not running a race or anything though). As other's have said, use GW2efficiency and/or the wiki and draw up a plan in an excel sheet or something so that you can just collect stuff and forget it without worrying about remembering what to keep track of. 

For EoD legendries specifically, you can get an EoD precursor by doing the "Return to" achievements. So that's the best start you can get. How Arenanet will do this generation of legendries are anyone's guess considering how they are being presented as a "set". The legendary component may end up being more of a "collection" than a million materials. 

So yeah, just horde your stuff for the next few months.

• Like 3

I'm certain we'll need mystic coins for it probably. I mean the last "return to *insert living story season chapter here*" achievements gave you heaps of it and the game normally doesn't give away stuff like that in such a big amount. So stocking them up might be a good idea. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I am going to do a gen3 just to say i have one🤣. I am expecting a 100% cantha map to be done, so am using WvW to at least get the HP's 😅.

I am treating them as a gen2.5, so yep gift of wood, medal, already have GoBs, farming gold and keeping all my MS/clovers. Also doing the pinnie in case i need those gems. 

The main thing i think to do is farm gold because we just don't know how these will be made or how different they will be. I am hoping that Anet will take pity on me this time round and make it easier to do, because if they did give them a high cost people probably wouldn't even stiff at these. 

• Like 1

Speculation - My hunch is that the "Gen 3" are going to be more along the lines of legendaries for the sake of stat swapping/build convenience instead of flashy.  I actually expect that they will all be a set with similar general appearance like a BL voucher set, dragon slayer set, etc. and all weapon types come out at launch.  I doubt that they have the design budget/willingness to make 16 new unique legendaries, and it would annoy people to get the free precursor token but not have the weapon you want out immediately. Being so similar, the weapons will share some effects, but effects will not be as wild as some of the Gen 1 or Gen 2 legendaries.  This will also be an "out" for reducing the costs a bit to make the functional aspect of a legendary more accessible to the broader playerbase.  So I think you may see LESS material requirements to the point that it only runs about 500-750 gold equivalent, and I think that cost will be mainly wrapped up in the clovers and 100g in the new runestone equivalent.  I also think that the Azure/Icy/Crimson/Fiery Dragon Slayer weapons were a little pilot test for the new precursor crafting that will involve taking the unfinished weapon places and "imbuing" it or whatever, and that those activities will be the primary "cost" of the precursor - essentially a modified precursor crafting method that involves "doing stuff" and not just chop 30k elder wood.

But that's a whole lot of random speculation, so how to prepare?

-Slowly build up clovers by whatever method you like

-Do WvW dailies and save up WvW potions

-Do the same for PvP, as you may be able to pick up some Cantha-specific currency or items quickly through reward tracks

-Store up some of the timegated things that exist now, charged quartz, mithrillum, etc. 

-Many material prices are in the dumpster, might as well top off your storage of things that are ultra cheap and could be used, like silver and gold if Xunlai Electrum Ingots end up being used.  Stuff for gift of wood and gift of metal is also pretty cheap, might as well fill up if you're short.  You can casually farm up the t3 and t4 dust if you expect to go for an artificer weapon.

-Have fun in the process

Out of left field prediction: We get a new PvE way to get a plainer-looking legendary armor that does not revolve around instanced content.

• Like 1

I actually don't expect the recipe to change too much, except for the EOD specific mats for the Mastery of "WHATEVER they call it"

Otherwise, the standard stuff ... 77 clovers, 250 mystic Coins, Obsidian Shards, Ectos, the gifts from WvW/PVP. The T3-T6 mats. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1

Although we don't know at this point what will be required for the EoD legendary weapon, I'm glad we get the one free precursor.

Personally I'm banking Mystic Clovers, Mystic Coins, gold, a Gift of Battle, T6 mats, and then adding time-gated materials as I can such as lumps of mithrillium, etc.  Oh, and I'm making charged quartz crystals.  Don't know why, maybe the idea of glittery charged quartz looking Aurene-like, but I expect that to be an ingredient somewhere.  Total speculation!

• Like 2

On 12/1/2021 at 9:58 AM, thehipone.6812 said:

-Do WvW dailies and save up WvW potions

-Do the same for PvP, as you may be able to pick up some Cantha-specific currency or items quickly through reward tracks

That's a great idea. I hadn't thought of saving up the potions for reward tracks that might be released with EoD! That's the kind of info I was hoping for in asking the question. Thanks!

On 12/2/2021 at 1:49 AM, Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:

I would absolutely expect 77 mystic clovers,100 gold (for icy/mystic runestones), a Gift of Battle, and a Bloodstone Shard to all be in the materials list (as every legendary weapon so far requires those).

Ah, bloodstone shard was one of the things I was not noticing they all have in common. Thanks!

I've been running through several gen 1 and gen 2 recipes on GW2Efficiency with "use own materials" checked to see what shows up as "to buy". That's been helping highlight some things like Vials of Powerful Blood and Piles of Crystalline dust that seem to be needed for every single legendary and that I still lack a fair amount of. I've been thinking I should probably start slowly buying those before everyone hits EoD and suddenly wants to craft their prismatic weapon and the prices shoot up.

One of the challenging things about this game is that the main gold earning method is selling mats, but when you don't know exactly what will be required, what do you safely sell?

Thanks again to everyone who answered my question!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

That's a great idea. I hadn't thought of saving up the potions for reward tracks that might be released with EoD! That's the kind of info I was hoping for in asking the question. Thanks!

Ah, bloodstone shard was one of the things I was not noticing they all have in common. Thanks!

I've been running through several gen 1 and gen 2 recipes on GW2Efficiency with "use own materials" checked to see what shows up as "to buy". That's been helping highlight some things like Vials of Powerful Blood and Piles of Crystalline dust that seem to be needed for every single legendary and that I still lack a fair amount of. I've been thinking I should probably start slowly buying those before everyone hits EoD and suddenly wants to craft their prismatic weapon and the prices shoot up.

One of the challenging things about this game is that the main gold earning method is selling mats, but when you don't know exactly what will be required, what do you safely sell?

Thanks again to everyone who answered my question!

It's a given you're going to need a couple hundred of each of the T6 fine materials (blood, venom, etc.)

• Like 2