Does anyone actually enjoy fighting against BG?

Hellbore.1473

Serious question, all they f'ing do is camp nodes and overwhelm with numbers. My first inclination as to fix this bs is to remove servers all together and randomly assign colors to individual players. If you want GvG make a stand alone arena. The alliance system will just be the same garbage all over again, with everyone front loading a few guilds to steam roll everything. I can already see how the alliance system could be abused and Anet just shrugging their shoulders and doing f all yet again. I am almost done making the last set of Legendary armor and once that's done I will never step foot in that s hole again.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

considering NA is far more casual than EU, i recommend that everyone who is annoyed about a potentially "overstacked" server just to form guilds, use meta builds and farm them....

playing in guilds isn't any kind of "abuse", it's the most logic tactic to cover classes' weaknesses and hone their stronger parts.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Hellbore.1473 said:

I am almost done making the last set of Legendary armor and once that's done I will never step foot in that s hole again.

I just don't understand people spending their free time playing games/modes they hate. Like that afk camp flip guy that wants everything in the game because he paid for it and forces himself through hundreds of hours pure boredom. If you can't find fun in the process some way, whats even the point?

Edited by schloumou.3982
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

If you can't find fun in the process some way, whats even the point?

The thing is I do enjoy this game mode, just not when it's against this specific server. It's been like this for years now.

14 minutes ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

playing in guilds isn't any kind of "abuse", it's the most logic tactic to cover classes' weaknesses and hone their stronger parts.

That's not the point I am trying to make here. I've played with many guilds over the years and roamed. The fun just gets taken out when the all the enemy needs to do is summon more bodies and steam rolls you. That takes no skill, just more bodies.

12 minutes ago, schloumou.3982 said:

Like that afk camp flip guy that wants everything in the game because he paid for it and forces himself through hundreds of hours pure boredom

See, that's not me, I've put in countless hours optimizing my build and playstyle, but in the end it gets negated by sheer numbers. This isn't a QQ post where I just want Anet to cater to my whims, there has to be a better way of dealing with this issue. BG has been stacked with numbers since the very beginning, and people just take like 'ah whatever' and either just quit the game mode altogether or wait for an opportunity to join the server "can't beat 'em join 'em". Like I said above, I enjoy WvW I am just at my wits end here. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hellbore.1473 said:

The thing is I do enjoy this game mode, just not when it's against this specific server. It's been like this for years now.

That's not the point I am trying to make here. I've played with many guilds over the years and roamed. The fun just gets taken out when the all the enemy needs to do is summon more bodies and steam rolls you. That takes no skill, just more bodies.

See, that's not me, I've put in countless hours optimizing my build and playstyle, but in the end it gets negated by sheer numbers. This isn't a QQ post where I just want Anet to cater to my whims, there has to be a better way of dealing with this issue. BG has been stacked with numbers since the very beginning, and people just take like 'ah whatever' and either just quit the game mode altogether or wait for an opportunity to join the server "can't beat 'em join 'em". Like I said above, I enjoy WvW I am just at my wits end here. 

So..  Alliances when?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

this number advantage however is only about the problem, that the Wvw-battlefields are open 24/7 and also accessable from all over the world.

secondarily, the nerfed dps etc (retaliation removal, heal nerfs) since the feb20 nerfs made it far harder to fight groups at the size of 15-35~ for smaller groups

so absolutely NOTHING has to do with "enjoy fighting" nor with the existance of guilds and servers. the ppt method basically encourages servers to cloud, to roleplay as ppt heroes and to dodge any fights as much as possible. guilds are basically own communities within the game.

wvw as a mode without coordination would be silly. u cannot just randomly mix everyone through, as u also dont have data of new accounts. i read this thought some times by now, and it only shows of a lacking understanding of the basic function of how-to wvw 😛 it's not about beeing tier 1 or even going there. nor is there any prestige or glory in sneaking into keeps or towers in the shadow of the night. nor about blobbing in overnumbers surely.

a more viable option would be imo, to split wvw into a "hardcore" mode (like the challengemod/tes of pve) and a "normal" mode. so the roleplayers and pve farmers can do their karmatrains, and the fighting oriented people can do their thing, without this annoying tier thing and ppt thing.

like, do u think it really is fun when 50 people find no other way to fight our 30ish group, than to hide in keeps behind buffs, tons of siege from even the nearby other towers, supply traps, stacked glasscannon dps.... and even then, at times they just run in panic, the whole blob, against our far smaller groups. somehow feelsgood, somehow it is very disappointing too tho.

it also is not at all fun to have 40 people on roamerbuilds trying to kite and cloud your 25ish group down. and sometimes they even feel outnumbered, bc we obviously have to focus their hypermobile classes and builds down nearly 1 by 1 or with stealth, so they cannot run to narnia before they get spiked.

strong blobs fight on equal terms.... which would be the optimal way to play. three coordinated 20ish groups would be fine as well, or two 30ish groups. but anything way smaller is just not competitive, and therefore it is their own responsibility to fight on bad terms.
like, there are reasons every server has a discord server as well.

• Confused 3

⢀⣠⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⣤⣶⣶
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⣀⣀⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡏⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⠈⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⠛⠉⠁⠀⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⠿⠿⠿⠻⠿⠿⠟⠿⠛⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣸⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⠀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣴⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠠⣴⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡟⠀⠀⢰⣹⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣭⣷⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠃⠀⠀⠈⠉⠀⠀⠤⠄⠀⠀⠀⠉⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⢿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢾⣿⣷⠀⠀⠀⠀⡠⠤⢄⠀⠀⠀⠠⣿⣿⣷⠀⢸⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡀⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢄⠀⢀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠁⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢹⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿

Edited by Prefontaine.4051
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 1/2/2022 at 6:29 AM, Hellbore.1473 said:

Serious question, all they f'ing do is camp nodes and overwhelm with numbers. My first inclination as to fix this bs is to remove servers all together and randomly assign colors to individual players. If you want GvG make a stand alone arena. The alliance system will just be the same garbage all over again, with everyone front loading a few guilds to steam roll everything. I can already see how the alliance system could be abused and Anet just shrugging their shoulders and doing f all yet again. I am almost done making the last set of Legendary armor and once that's done I will never step foot in that s hole again.

That is very inaccurate about the node camping. 
I do agree alliance is making WvW into a ktrain fest. 

Edited by SweetPotato.7456
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

They're just one of those servers that hangs out in DBL (only if their home isn't dbl) and presumably looks for fights 24/7 with no less that 1.5x the number of people that red has defending, usually along with the 3rd server whose home also isn't dbl and then proceeds to blob fire keep and speedily get it to and keep it at T3 (usually all week). 

I'm not sure why anyone wouldn't find that fun to play against.

Edited by HazyDaisy.4107

Its just the optimal way to play game these days.

It is an issue with a meta where most efficient tactic available isnt to make a strong organised group but rather bore anyone stronger than you to death. Running around in circles inside friendly objective is just too easy. Cant do anything? Just gank single attackers, not like they can do much with you having first jump and +13/27% damage and survivability

And commanders are happy to tag up once enemy disperses since there are always people ready to PPT stuff down.

There is no glory and fair fights left in WvW. Just degenerate ganking and brainless stacking.

Edited by Threather.9354

Everyone just assumes people leave their servers for easy wins.  Let's not downplay how terrible your own server is.

When you go into a equal size fight and your teemo goes down in a split second, it makes people ask themselves why?  Why am I on this bot team feeding.  I'm not a script I want to play with real players not poorly coded scripts.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/2/2022 at 5:49 PM, Prefontaine.4051 said:

Could you give more details about your complaints?

"All they f'ing do is camp nodes" - Who is camping nodes and where? Roamers, public tag, guild group? . . . That said, if you know someone is camping a node, have you considered just going somewhere else?

"... and overwhelm with numbers" - Big blobs are not exclusive to BG... it's just the state of wvw right now. That said, there are still a lot of small groups in the BG/BP pairing to fight right now: [WvW], [KOIN], [kewl], [LFG], Pengu, [JOY], & [EK]. Most of these groups never even hit 25+ players... I think the only guild on the BG/BP pairing that actually gets to blob size is [RAWR].

"... with everyone front loading a few guilds to stream roll everything." - I don't believe this take is very accurate. Sure, some people do this, but not the majority like you're implying. On another note: With a little bit of effort anyone can get themselves to a level where they can content with those "front loading guilds." . . . All you have to do is:

1. Run a meta build. Certain classes and builds are meta for a reason. Chances are that your "personal build" is bad. No one wants a celestial flamethrower scrapper in their squad because it contributes very little to group...
  2. Record your gameplay and watch it. Write down a couple specific things to work on.
  3. Use discord to listen to voice comms.... you don't need to talk... just be able to listen.
  4. Ask questions, ask for help etc. Overall, the community can be very helpful if you're willing to just ask.

So to boil this down:

1. Go somewhere else to avoid trolls

2. BG has no 'blobs' just a bunch of small guilds that essentially form a blob

3. Run meta build and you too can take out organized fight guilds

I dunno, I mean ALT+F4 is also a surefire way not to ever be downed again...

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/2/2022 at 2:49 PM, Prefontaine.4051 said:

there are still a lot of small groups in the BG/BP pairing to fight right now.... Most of these groups never even hit 25+ players

Bruh, 20 is not "small group".  For comparison, GvGs were always mostly 20s and sometimes 15s.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Confused 1

The idea of EU and NA servers was that some servers were European, and some were North American.  I personally don't believe that Blackgate should even be considered a NA server anymore.  They recruited heavily from Europe, and Oceanic.  But hey, any of us could have recruited American or European players from anywhere in the world to fill in those needed time zones.

What I do NOT care for, is the continuous farming without capping.  I consider that an insult.  When I watch Blackgate decide their gonna farm us over and over and arn't even going to bother to cap, I leave. And I tell my team to leave.  No use putting a hand in a blender for no other reason than to cause pain to you or your team with little benefit.

When you can not find equal footing in battle, then give them no battle.

• Like 2

@Threather.9354 in EU there's only like 4 servers quite stacked, it has been way worse in the past years. the other servers just for reasons don't listen to experienced players or ignore the strongest builds for reasons and finally lack either damage or sustain in the end.

i forgot where i know ur name from, think it's deso. we fought them quite some times with undernumbers and equal numbers, but it's mostly the missing coordination, siegeturtlemode and objectively bad builds/classes or meta classes that are not played correctly who make the groups not succeed.

some fights been really good, but the best stealthpush and bubble are of no use, if the scourges and dps classes then completely fail to set up the bomb, and if the cc within the bomb isn't put down, quite easy.

12 minutes ago, Shining One.1635 said:

Different servers have different definitions for group sizes. I just got ran over by  a group of five, otherwise known as a BG solo roamer, at a camp.

Sure.  Yet 20s and 15s from the GvG format is a somewhat objective definition from a community standard regardless of the server.  Never thought of 20s as "small group".

Edited by Chaba.5410

@Shining One.1635 that was simply a cloud of ganking roamers... the reason why barely anyone really roams, not so good players started to bring random groups of up to 15 people just to gank any smaller sizes easily. against real guilds, these guys just run or explode within seconds.

and as chaba said: gvg standard size is 15 | guild raid size is standard 20-25. bigger guild size at raids means usually that they are more casual and simply need the bigger amount of players.

a strong 20ish group can even beat bad blobs. while admittedly, that stuff is always quite a grind.