time limit on obtaining Prismatic Champion's Regalia?

slpr.2647

i was told today by a guildie that there is a time limit on obtaining Prismatic Champion's Regalia. that after the expac comes out in Feb you will no longer be able to complete the achievements required to get Prismatic Champion's Regalia. he said they mentioned it several times on their streams, and i havent seen but a couple of them lately and do not recall hearing this. 

after digging a bit, all i can really find, from a couple different places,  is them (anet) saying this "If you miss a week or need to wait to experience the story, don't worry—the achievements are permanent. Look for achievements from previous weeks in the Side Stories category in the Achievements tab in your Hero panel."  

so, what gives? is the content and their achievements permanent?  or does it turn "historical" after the expac comes out? 

The achievements (and rewards) are permanent. They're all still available and there's been no mention of that changing after EoD is released.

They might be getting confused between the achievements and the episodes being given away free. Anet did repeatedly mention that each episode was only available for a short time and prompted players to make sure they logged in and unlocked it.

• Like 5

Notice, though, that while achievements themselves are permanent and not go away, some of them might be harder to complete in the future. Especially those that require map meta completion and stuff like jumping puzzles. Not because something in-game will change, but simply because the player community as a whole will concentrate more on doing EoD content, leaving old LS maps even more empty than they're now.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

On 1/3/2022 at 5:26 AM, Astralporing.1957 said:

Notice, though, that while achievements themselves are permanent and not go away, some of them might be harder to complete in the future. Especially those that require map meta completion and stuff like jumping puzzles. Not because something in-game will change, but simply because the player community as a whole will concentrate more on doing EoD content, leaving old LS maps even more empty than they're now.

I agree with the idea that it's easier to do them when everyone is there, but I disagree that the maps are empty now. I've not found any empty maps and I play them all. This was true even before the Seasons of the Dragons meta.

There's a rotating daily map for both Season 3 and Season 4 for example, and those maps are particularly populated on those daily days, so if you follow the daily schedule you should be able to get any of those achievements done.  At least one achievement, like the Jahai Bluffs meta (the hardest meta to get done in my opinion), you don't need to beat the meta, you only need to attempt it. Even failing the Jahai Bluffs meta gets you the achievement to complete it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Living World map population may also be a bit variable day to day because of the daily Living World Season 3/4 achievements, where different maps are featured for dailies so people would typically go to those maps on those days. If you need to do specific open world content that requires other players, you can focus on those episodes on that day to work on some of those tasks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think whether you find a lot of busy maps might also depend on what you're used to. I spend a lot of time in older maps so my perception of 'normal' activity is that I see several other people around and it's possible for someone to get a group together for an event if they want to.

Whereas some people in my guilds think that's proof the map is dead and it only counts as active if no one has to try to put a group together because there's always so many people there your biggest problem is arriving late might put you into a newly opened map without an organised group. When there isn't a new release they spend their time doing WvW, instanced content or things like world bosses, so to them normal is full maps and big groups and anything less than that makes completing things unnecessarily complicated.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I think whether you find a lot of busy maps might also depend on what you're used to. I spend a lot of time in older maps so my perception of 'normal' activity is that I see several other people around and it's possible for someone to get a group together for an event if they want to.

Whereas some people in my guilds think that's proof the map is dead and it only counts as active if no one has to try to put a group together because there's always so many people there your biggest problem is arriving late might put you into a newly opened map without an organised group. When there isn't a new release they spend their time doing WvW, instanced content or things like world bosses, so to them normal is full maps and big groups and anything less than that makes completing things unnecessarily complicated.

While I agree with that you're saying I dislike the use of the word dead for precisely that reason. The implication I was responding to is that you'll not be able to get stuff done because the map is "dead". That in itself has never really been true. I have a lot of alt accounts and I'm always able to get stuff done, you just have to be more proactive.

That said, the use the word dead to describe a map that's not zerged is in itself a problem, because no one knows how the OP, or anyone else, is going to interpret that.  If some people are going to interpret it as completely empty and a waste of time because you can't get anything done, then using the word dead becomes a problem, because it impedes communication.

If you say to someone if you don't do this now you might not be able to do this later because the map is dead, you'll definitely make them think that they can't get it done, even if they can't do it now for real life reasons. I'm really just trying to set the record straight, because not everyone can devote time right now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

While it'll always be available, I think it'd be a good idea to get the Dragon Response Missions in Ice Brood Saga out of the way first. There's really not much reason to do them so a lot of people are just going to be one and done.

On that note for DRMs I found that doing the final story chapter steps in sequence ticked all those off and the difficulty level is really low on story mode, just takes a while to get through the lot.

But yeah certainly faster with people so worth doing to minimise the time.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

While I agree with that you're saying I dislike the use of the word dead for precisely that reason. The implication I was responding to is that you'll not be able to get stuff done because the map is "dead". That in itself has never really been true. I have a lot of alt accounts and I'm always able to get stuff done, you just have to be more proactive.

That said, the use the word dead to describe a map that's not zerged is in itself a problem, because no one knows how the OP, or anyone else, is going to interpret that.  If some people are going to interpret it as completely empty and a waste of time because you can't get anything done, then using the word dead becomes a problem, because it impedes communication.

If you say to someone if you don't do this now you might not be able to do this later because the map is dead, you'll definitely make them think that they can't get it done, even if they can't do it now for real life reasons. I'm really just trying to set the record straight, because not everyone can devote time right now.

Oh I agree, I only used 'dead' because that's how I normally see them described. I should probably have written it as a quote.

I think that word is almost always misused when talking about games. I've lost count of the number of times people told me World of Warcraft was 'dead' when what they meant was "the latest update didn't interest me as much as I'd hoped and I assume most players feel similarly". I even saw someone declare Spiritfarer to be 'dead' because the studio stopped updating it, even though it's a traditional single-player/local co-op game so it was surprising it got as many updates as it did and the number of people currently playing is irrelevant. (Although it would be very fitting for that game to keep going after it died, since that's what it's all about.)

Experiences like that always make me sceptical, and especially in GW2 I've always found that content which 'no one does any  more' just needs someone to start a group and let people know it's happening.

• Like 1

After EoD release (and post EoD) you should expect less activity on the map overall. Not saying it will die but once the main map event will be finished, the map will most likely be mostly empty except for the few tag doing their own stuff and requiring people.

On the other hand, you can be sure that you will find people working on that achievement since the achivement is permanent. What I mean by that is you are not the only person starting late and at some point, you will meet people also looking for the same thing you're looking so there is still hope.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sir Alric.5078 said:

I have a question about this achievement. Since it'a collection of "returning" achievements, does that mean they need to be done by a character that has already completed the story once, or it can also be done by a completely new character? 

It's just the name of the achievments, you can also use a char that hasn't done it before.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

It's easier with a character that has completed the Story, as you can use the 'purple' stars, rather than completing the entire Episode's story.  You can use a new character for any non-story parts, of course. 

I wouldn't necessarily call it easier, just quicker. You don't have to play all the non-instanced parts of the story. If however you have a character you want to play through those stories anyway, then using that character for the achievements would mean you don't have to re-play the instances at all.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 1/3/2022 at 4:03 AM, slpr.2647 said:

i was told today by a guildie that there is a time limit on obtaining Prismatic Champion's Regalia. that after the expac comes out in Feb you will no longer be able to complete the achievements required to get Prismatic Champion's Regalia. he said they mentioned it several times on their streams, and i havent seen but a couple of them lately and do not recall hearing this. 

after digging a bit, all i can really find, from a couple different places,  is them (anet) saying this "If you miss a week or need to wait to experience the story, don't worry—the achievements are permanent. Look for achievements from previous weeks in the Side Stories category in the Achievements tab in your Hero panel."  

so, what gives? is the content and their achievements permanent?  or does it turn "historical" after the expac comes out? 

You definitely got lied to by your guildie. They are permanent.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2022 at 3:26 PM, Astralporing.1957 said:

putting a LFG offering some prize with help with JP can work.

On 1/2/2022 at 7:03 PM, slpr.2647 said:

Precursor for gen3 leggy is supposed to be take out by the release of EoD, but legendary is there to stay for good

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4