[Suggestion] A spider mount.

10 minutes ago, Mil.3562 said:

I think you are not that really freaked out by spiders like others here, otherwise you will run away from them, artwork or not 😀, let alone riding a spider? Ewww

Oh sure, you probably think you know all about me.  Please keep personal smears to a minimum

Edited by DarcShriek.5829
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

No no no hear me out...

GIANT CENTIPEDE MOUNTS.

They could easily become makeshift-ladders for a crew of people, and traverse walls and ceilings at a decent speed compared to spoiders!

They also get bonus squiggly-points over spiders. They just lack the adorable eyes and web-slinging-Oh... a spider might actually be better...

• Like 1

I think they actually did some customer research on the concept and it didn't pan out. I do think the wall grappling capability of the skyscale came from the spider mount though. I'll say it like this. I had a brother who loved playing with black widows. It scared the rest of us. What you think is cool may not go over well with others. Now imagine if the spider creeped about a huge percentage of the population, but was actually useful. Do you think people would enjoy playing GW2? It's one thing to give a portion of the community what they want. It's another thing to give them what they want at the expense of creeping literally everyone else out (i.e. they'll see the spiders EVERYWHERE being used by the like the 20% that enjoy the spider mount). 

Edited by Firebeard.1746
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Too bad.  This would not only look really cool, but I could definitely see a niche for a mount that can run up walls and sling webs sorta like the oakheart mastery.

Then what would be the point of the skyscale and the OakHeart mastery?  If Anet were to develop another mount, I think that it would really need to have something unique about it, not combining talents and masteries that already exist.

Actual wall climbing is different than what the skyscale does, but would this suggestion make game play any better?  Maybe, maybe not.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

what would be the point of the skyscale and the OakHeart mastery?

Skyscale would still have sustained flight/hovering and the Oakheart mastery would be about as impacted as gliding was by the Griffon - which is to say not at all. Doing things with mounts versus doing them with objects hardbaked into a map is just a mobility option, not a replacement.

59 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Actual wall climbing is different than what the skyscale does, but would this suggestion make game play any better?

You're right, it's different from what the Skyscale does and would be a new way to get from place to place, thereby creating the niche you want when considering the unique mechanics for mounts. As for making the game better? I think spiders are pretty cool and would enjoy wallcrawling as movement option. It sounds fun.

I don't think any mounts fit a spider skin, no mounts have 8 legs, and I can't even imagine how they'd animate that...

I also just don't want to see spiders running across my screen - though nothing can be as bad as the hallucinations you get from the Fanged Ibogas in PoF - with the spiders and other... crawly things going down the screen. I wish there was a way to disable that, gives me chills.

On 1/24/2022 at 9:25 AM, KumoGaDaisuki.5621 said:

Oh the replies really hit me. First I apologize for not checking if it was posted before. Secondly it's true I don't know how arachnophobia works. I myself have acrophobia and Don't fear it on video games but enjoy the scenery I couldn't endure irl. So I just assumed it's the same thing while it might not be according to replies. Anyways I would like to take it down but I don't see a delete button. Oops. 

You don't have to apologize to the people here that feel the need to play hall monitor.  They do it for some odd reason I can't explain.  😛

Post what you think is relevant here and just ignore them. 

Edited by JustTrogdor.7892
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1