Removing players from server if inactive from long time

Sennar.2309

Im currently looking to move from EU to US and i want to move in a server where my friends are playing but is always full.

Maybe if Arenanet can remove player from the servers where they are not active from long time and give chance for free to choose a server ones they log back it will be useful for active players.

• Like 1
  • Confused 7

1 minute ago, Sennar.2309 said:

Im currently looking to move from EU to US and i want to move in a server where my friends are playing but is always full.

Maybe if Arenanet can remove player from the servers where they are not active from long time and give chance for free to choose a server ones they log back it will be useful for active players.

The server-status is determined by WvW-hours (because it's the only mode that still uses the server-system) and not by player-numbers, so removing inactive players won't change anything.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Following on from what everyone else has said unless you want to play WvW with your friends you don't need to be on the same server they are. Servers have no effect outside of WvW, as long as you're in the same region (EU or NA) you can play together in any PvE or sPvP map. So you could just pick a different US server.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, JustTrogdor.7892 said:

Server population is based on WvW participation so inactive accounts have nothing to do with it.

Server population is based on how to get the maximum numbers of server transfers as possible. There fixed it for you.

Full servers should not be getting links if they are truthly full. If you are want to play with you friends be prepared to buy server transfers every 8 weeks, it is almost like it was designed this way on purpose.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 10

23 hours ago, Sennar.2309 said:

Hey there, there is a disconnect between EU/US servers and when you want to play with someone from another region it can't be done. If you are specifically talking about playing WvW together then you should aim to transfer late at night or early morning. Otherwise just wait until alliances update changes the structure (whatever way it does, nobody knows). If you want to play with your friends in dungeons/fractals and don't care about WvW then any US server will do as it's all part of the same region. Failing all that, buy another account so you can play with friends on both.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

Server population is based on how to get the maximum numbers of server transfers as possible. There fixed it for you.

Full servers should not be getting links if they are truthly full. If you are want to play with you friends be prepared to buy server transfers every 8 weeks, it is almost like it was designed this way on purpose.

Sure.  Then you’d do what?  Open more tiers for dead times on those servers?  

4 hours ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

Full servers should not be getting links if they are truthly full.

"full" means "not accepting transfers". It does not mean literally full (as there's no such possibility, as since the megaserver introduction there are no server caps at all). That of course means that one "full" server can easily have 2-3x the number of active players of another "full" server. In fact, if you haven't noticed, that's one of the primary reasons behind alliance rework.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/30/2022 at 4:12 PM, Sennar.2309 said:

haha no that goes s against their game design of this being a casual game and people being able to join and leave when they want. for example i stopped playing gw2 for a year and i came back and if i came back and found out i am no longer in my server i would be pissed. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

haha no that goes s against their game design of this being a casual game and people being able to join and leave when they want. for example i stopped playing gw2 for a year and i came back and if i came back and found out i am no longer in my server i would be pissed. 

The good news is that if Alliances goes active, you will be.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...