Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons launches on February 28!

Every other expansion was released on a Friday. Why release this on a Monday? It feels weird. Friday gives people the weekend to enjoy the new content and not have to deal with work. I pre-emptively took off the 25th as both HOT and POF were both released on a Friday. Now I won't even get to play the new content until March 4th because you know, people work during the week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 13

10 minutes ago, Bristingr.5034 said:

Every other expansion was released on a Friday. Why release this on a Monday? It feels weird. Friday gives people the weekend to enjoy the new content and not have to deal with work. I pre-emptively took off the 25th as both HOT and POF were both released on a Friday. Now I won't even get to play the new content until March 4th because you know, people work during the week.

You took the day off without knowing the release date? That was not very clever. And even people that work can play during the week after work and there are people who have to work on weekends. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 10
  • Sad 2

Just now, yoni.7015 said:

You took the day off without knowing the release date? That was not very clever. And even people that work can play during the week after work and there are people who have to work on weekends. 

The 25th was the most logical choice based on

A. They still hadn't announced a launch date, which means they're pushing it as far as they can (a.k.a. they should realistically be delaying it)

B. Previous expacs have launched on Friday. It was a precedent.

With those two in mind, I simply chose what would have been the expected launch date. I'm also aware that people can work on the weekends, but every game out there will show the same thing -- more people play over the weekends than during the week.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 9

3 minutes ago, Bristingr.5034 said:

The 25th was the most logical choice based on

A. They still hadn't announced a launch date, which means they're pushing it as far as they can (a.k.a. they should realistically be delaying it)

B. Previous expacs have launched on Friday. It was a precedent.

With those two in mind, I simply chose what would have been the expected launch date. I'm also aware that people can work on the weekends, but every game out there will show the same thing -- more people play over the weekends than during the week.

I can assure you, there will be more weekends, even after February 28th. 
My hope is that after a release on Monday the biggest bugs will be fixed during the week and we can have a better experience on the weekend. We will see. 

• Like 10

Using a Monday for once sounds interesting. While the most players are usually online around the weekend, most of the staff is available after this launch. So they can react quicker and better. No need to postpone certain issues, they can address them right away. 

Do you intend to change the patch-times in general. Or is it only for this special occasion?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I hate to be a Debbie Downer but this makes me very worried that the Expansion will be very unfinished. It's literally the very LAST day to still keep the previously announced release window of "February" and with how little we've still been showen i'm afraid there won't be much substance at all and deviating from the previously established pattern of Friday releases for expansions just exacerbates that fear. It would be only 3 days between the usually expected date of Friday 25th and the announced one of the 28th. Is it really so "bad" that you think you need those extra 3 days? I hope not.

I'm honestly glade i haven't preordered yet and if i had i would seriously consider canceling by now.

PLEASE! I feel like this might be the last chance for the game. If you need extra Time take it! Don't pull a Cyberpunk or this might spell death for the game. Allthough it's probebly to late to delay it again now that date was announced. For me this means that this will be the 1st Expansion i won't be playing on release day. I still hope it turns out good and you all enjoy it, if it does i might be buying later, but as it stands now this could be the point were i quit the game all together.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 14
  • Sad 2

^^Never expect to be able to play bug-free on the release date. Is there any game that behave differently?

Release on the last day of Feb., sounds like end of March is probably a good time to enter Cantha 🙂, have fun as beta-tester during March. 😉

And this is independent of pre-order or not. WIll buy it anyway, like to play (the new professions) before it comes to sales in 2023, want a small bonus and give the company a bit money ahead of time, are the criteria to decide on pre-order or not.

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Good call for a Monday release in case of unexpected bugs. Best to have a weekend to chill beforehand anyway

Yeah... I doubt there will be many people chilling at ArenaNet over that weekend or the weekends running up to that one...

They released the original game on a Tuesday, the previous two expansions on a Friday and this one on a Monday, the very last day they could while still making a February release date, I'd guess there's some serious crunch occurring.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Pifil.5193 said:

Yeah... I doubt there will be many people chilling at ArenaNet over that weekend or the weekends running up to that one...

They released the original game on a Tuesday, the previous two expansions on a Friday and this one on a Monday, the very last day they could while still making a February release date, I'd guess there's some serious crunch occurring.

If they're having to crunch to make the deadline, then they should be delaying the game. God forbid they rush it out and have it be terrible than just post-pone it a wee bit longer to ensure everything works. Not sure why Anet is trying to act like this launch HAS to happen in February.

• Like 2
  • Confused 6