I Regret Buying The Expansion

It is my own stupid fault.  I should have waited a few days to see reviews but after not playing much for about a year I was kinda pumped for the new necro and to play with my open world renegade and thief.  If I'd known about the giant sustain nerf I'd have just stayed gone and sent the money to a Ukraine charity.  I was excited to come back but now I'm just sad. 

To those popping in to say 'Git gud', I'll say it for you, "You're an amazing gamer and I'm garbage. You're better than me and I should stick with animal crossing." Now you can troll someone else.

Edited by Echostorm.9143
spelling / clarity
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 6

11 minutes ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

The nerfs are only like 3 hours old, you can't have played it so much you already say you regret buying the expansion.. 

Play first and talk later.

Sure, but judging by how sustain was nerfed across the board for most classes, it's kind of killing the excitement people had for this expansion, thus the thread the OP made.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Anet: Here's a beautiful new expansion, enjoy!
Also Anet: oh btw you better play the new elite specs because we will nerf older specs and do a random GLOBAL nerf to all classes sustain, oh and those expensive Torment runes? hahahaha! Also Rev's, your class has been bugged for seven years and actually you are not meant to gain weapon swap effects! (smiley face here) 
Its fun to watch 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

39 minutes ago, Echostorm.9143 said:

It is my own stupid fault.  I should have waited a few days to see reviews but after not playing much for about a year I was kinda pumped for the new necro and to play with my open world renegade and thief.  If I'd known about the giant sustain nerf I'd have just stayed gone and sent the money to a Ukraine charity.  I was excited to come back but now I'm just sad. 

To those popping in to say 'Git gud', I'll say it for you, "You're an amazing gamer and I'm garbage. You're better than me and I should stick with animal crossing." Now you can troll someone else.

Completely agree with you, mate. Have the same feelings.

34 minutes ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

The nerfs are only like 3 hours old, you can't have played it so much you already say you regret buying the expansion.. 

Play first and talk later.

Oh yes, tell me that i should play when 3 of 4 my mains were cutted down like a pigs in a slaughterhouse.

Edited by Duskblade.5419
typo
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

So I try to do the "kirin" HP in the first new area, whatever it is its nowhere to be seen. I hop to another map, same. And then I notice: weird rectangle when I mouse-over the EoD LFG tab. Then it struck me, its the tooltip that has no text 🙂

https://i.imgur.com/04w0BSN.png

Honestly, your art team can only get you so far. Thats all I can say about what I'm playing right now.

If my work was this half-baked I would be out of a job.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Rune of Tormenting abuser, am I right?

Didn't really read the entire patch but what I saw feels "ok", some Necro nerfs, the tormenting runes or the epidemic. 

This thread is just your average moaning thread about every modification done by Anet, so I doubt they even care about these kind of threads anymore.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 18

51 minutes ago, Echostorm.9143 said:

Funny enough, the money I had saved for EOD I donated to support Ukraine!!! So I guess that worked out amazing for me. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

Players need to be nerfed further. Entire game has been a joke for years now.

I agree, might actually be a point in playing other class now.

Cant just play renegade or Scourge and faceroll while being immortal even against legendary enemies.

Not sure about thief nerf though, they are kinda squishy and this will hit them ultra hard. I guess they can just go Spectre anyway.

Edited by Esquilax.3491
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Well, they can try.

• Sun and Moon Style: Life-stealing percentage from critical strikes reduced from 7% to 4% in PvE only.

😄

The best part about one of the weakest classes in the game getting a nerf, is that is doesn't surprise us anymore 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Hotride.2187 said:

So I try to do the "kirin" HP in the first new area, whatever it is its nowhere to be seen. I hop to another map, same. And then I notice: weird rectangle when I mouse-over the EoD LFG tab. Then it struck me, its the tooltip that has no text 🙂

https://i.imgur.com/04w0BSN.png

Honestly, your art team can only get you so far. Thats all I can say about what I'm playing right now.

If my work was this half-baked I would be out of a job.

The new map compass has placeholder tooltips on it, too. A lot of "lack of polish" here...

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Echostorm.9143 said:

I was kinda pumped for the new necro and to play with my open world renegade and thief.  If I'd known about the giant sustain nerf I'd have just stayed gone

The giant losing half life and sustain to get a measly boost in damage, that other classes just need to slot a trait to get the same boost, wasn't a red flag in the first place? Even after four class betas this whole expansion had a giant wait and see reviews written all over it.

My last class is about to start for the day; so, by the time it is over someone explain what these sustain nerfs were. I looked at patch notes and no big headers implied a big change and there were very few class changes mainly only changing 10 target skills to 5.

What did I miss just skimming the patch?

Edited by Wild.1705

2 hours ago, VPK.1796 said:

Time to get creative with new specs I guess.

Too bad i just don't like any of them. They're either too gimmicky, use gameplay aestethics i don't like, or are just plain unsatisfying to play. We have 36 class variations, it's so much waste to be forcefully limited to just 9.

18 minutes ago, AryaWolf.1468 said:

My open world build to casually explore is still fine because it was garbage enough, I guess everyone else get on rangers level XD

There's a reason why at some point for OW and story i went back to my bearbow i had stashed away from sight for a long time. That build might be a meme, but it at least remains a known constant and i don;t have to worry about waking up some day to find it hit with a huge nerfbat, like it happened to my many other characters throughout the game history.

No, i do not find having to redo and regear most of my characters every major balance patch fun. Quite the opposite, it just makes me want to forget about any kind of build optimization and go full dumb casual mode.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1