Bladesworn Dragontrigger PvP Power Coefficients Are a Joke

Zuko.7132

10 hours ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

Lol? I'm fine with it as it is. I'm just not fine with it having its damage doubled.

And you've yet to propose any other counter other than dodge. You understand that "jUsT dOdGe" is a meme, right?

And, of course, yes, True Shot is practically impossible to land, that's why the forums haven't been awash with QQ about DH for the last year.

To be fair, True Shot isn't the thing people complain about with DH, it's Trapper Runes. 

War players: the spec is unplayable in pvp

The rest: be happy it doesn't do zero damage

Just lol. Anyway, same to me. The moment I read you are supposed to stay rooted and charge damage, the spec was dead to me. You don't stay still on warrior, you are not core necro.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

Yes, lets give 1-shot levels of damage to a skill that ignores blind, is unblockable, stuns, and grants stability and aegis on use, and which is difficult to dodge given that it could either be the melee or the projectile version.

Because stuff having counter-play is sooooo 2013.

Can we also propose that it ignores invulnerability? Maybe it could log the target out?

First of all: the skill in itself isnt unblockable or ignores blinds or stuns. Its the GRANDMASTER trait. You know that stuff that is supposed to buff you. Also a big brain move would be to check if they gain might while charging. They do? Dodge, sidestep (the projectile can probably still be stepped POINT BLANK) or jump over it. You got a not so insignificant graphic effect before the attack starts. They gain protection or dont gain anything at all? Use blinds and blocks to your hearts content. 

Dragon trigger is like 70%+ of the warriors damage. What do you honestly expect it should do? All adept and grandmaster tier traits are focussed around it and the means to use it. Just check the damage of other specs with like no cooldown, no build up effort and next to no counterplay. A bladesworn, as trash as it is in general, needs to build 2! ressources, charge the whole 2,5 seconds or live with the non existent damage if you decide to release it earlier.

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

Given that it already ignores 100% of my class' defence mechancis (blind, block) and already hits for 70% of my HP, I'm not super-keen on buffing that up to 100% of my HP. "Just dodge" is not a sufficient argument for a skill that ignores all defense and 1-shots.

Or would you be totally cool if True Shot had it's damage doubled, and made unblockable, and ignores blind, and grants stability on cast? Yeah, I thought not.

So, is the spec good?

Yay or nay?

3 hours ago, anbujackson.9564 said:

Dragon trigger is like 70%+ of the warriors damage. 

You obviously don't know what you're talking about... It's a very strong skill, but primarily because of the cc and mobility of the 2 option. It's usually less than 10% of your total damage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

So, is the spec good?

Yay or nay?

It's ok. About the same power level as Spellbreaker, but a little more teamfight focused. Better than Spellbreaker for organized groups - some people are considering it for competitive 5v5, but Spellbreaker is probably the better choice in ranked. It's probably good in 2v2 3v3 deathmatch. Honestly a balanced spec - up to you whether that's good enough.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

DT does need more damage, it doesnt hit as hard as even other things introduced in this xpac while also having no real utility behind it except “moar damage”.
That said, making Blooming Fire a viable skill is more critical imo. It should be similar to maul (240 range, similar damage). Rn it does a little over half the damage if maul with less range, less utility, and the same cast time. 

22 hours ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

Yes, lets give 1-shot levels of damage to a skill that ignores blind, is unblockable, stuns, and grants stability and aegis on use, and which is difficult to dodge given that it could either be the melee or the projectile version.

Because stuff having counter-play is sooooo 2013.

Can we also propose that it ignores invulnerability? Maybe it could log the target out?

Lol you are a guardian and you talk about overstacked skills and counterplays? Dt is still one of the easiest skill to dodge and you fail to do it only because of your own ignorance, there's literally a time frame of releasing, since too early it does no damage, too late you stand there take too much unnecessary damage, and the fact that by moving out of melee range already makes you 50% less likely to get hit as you can literally avoid dt projectile by walking 

Not to mention the fact that three versions have different damage. Even doubling the highest melee one it's still no where close to dh damage lol! And the other two can't even compete with dh longbow autoattack!! And they are the main damage source for bladesworn! Gotta love guardian hypocrites

Edited by felix.2386

DT is really strong, it doesn't need more damage. If we could dodge without canceling DT I'd be pretty happy. Some gunsaber skills need a bit of love too, the skills are way too plain. Adding something like a blind or weakness on one of the skills would go a long way.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

Lol you are a guardian and you talk about overstacked skills and counterplays? Dt is still one of the easiest skill to dodge and you fail to do it only because of your own ignorance, there's literally a time frame of releasing, since too early it does no damage, too late you stand there take too much unnecessary damage, and the fact that by moving out of melee range already makes you 50% less likely to get hit as you can literally avoid dt projectile by walking 

Not to mention the fact that three versions have different damage. Even doubling the highest melee one it's still no where close to dh damage lol! And the other two can't even compete with dh longbow autoattack!! And they are the main damage source for bladesworn! Gotta love guardian hypocrites

I don't play DH, so, who are you even arguing with? I was using True-Shot as an example of a high-damage skill which would be even more stupid if you made it unblockable and unblindable and stun.

And yes, actually, doubling the highest one would make it hit significantly harder than True-Shot, that's not an opinion, its a fact with numbers to back it up. 1.295 (DS-F) x 2 = 2.59 > 1.91 (TS)

If Bladesworn is underperforming, then buff it in other areas. The gun-saber skills are pretty useless, so start there. But regardless of how strong BS is, a skill that hits for 10k+ and is unblockable and unblindable and stuns is just inherently broken. If you really want to boost the damage, then either the unblockable or the stun need to go from Unyielding Dragon.

Edited by Ragnar.4257
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

I don't play DH, so, who are you even arguing with? I was using True-Shot as an example of a high-damage skill which would be even more stupid if you made it unblockable and unblindable and stun.

And yes, actually, doubling the highest one would make it hit significantly harder than True-Shot, that's not an opinion, its a fact with numbers to back it up. 1.295 (DS-F) x 2 = 2.59 > 1.91 (TS)

If Bladesworn is underperforming, then buff it in other areas. The gun-saber skills are pretty useless, so start there. But regardless of how strong BS is, a skill that hits for 10k+ and is unblockable and unblindable and stuns is just inherently broken. If you really want to boost the damage, then either the unblockable or the stun need to go from Unyielding Dragon.

IDK, IDK

I've seen you on here many many times defending old DH

IDK...

I think you play it, occasionally.

I'm not convinced you don't

• Haha 1

Don't know what you guys have been seeing, but I've only seen about 5 bladesworn in matches this far. Not even kidding. Almost every match has at least one harbinger, a vindicator, and often a specter. Plenty of mechanists too. But almost no bladesworns. I'm kinda surprised by this, as I play warrior so you would expect to pull warriors on to the other team more often. And still no BSw.

On another note, I have yet to see the spec played well in competitive. 

Edited by CalmTheStorm.2364

5 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Warriors will never be buffed cause the other classes learned to play easily against it and the moment we gain access to a counter to their counters they will cry. 

Personal goal is to see Bladesworn become something useful. For now I'll gunflame people.

I actually think this might legitimately be a reason why Anet hesitates with buffing underpowered specs/classes.  The few diehards that kept playing the class and still managed to reach plat would become absolute monsters.

• Like 2

My conquest game yesterday had a bladesworn war on the opposite team. The player used the normal core shouts for sustain, basically discouraging you from attacking the war (cause you can't kill it without investing a lot of time / team focus). After you lose interest, the player would move away, charge whatever the skill is, and hit you for like 30-40% of your HP  (at least me, on "meta" spb with demolisher) while you are not paying attention.

Compared to the soulbeast on their team that did LB 2 for the same amount of damage to me (in several encounters).

The main difference was that the bladesworn had nothing to wrap up the job, while the soulbeast was just closing in for the GS melee fiesta.

The bladesworn was definitely a far better player, yet I was way more wary of the soulbeast. That being said, the soulbeast did go down more easily. Though I assume that was due to skill level difference.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/3/2022 at 5:29 AM, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Don't know what you guys have been seeing, but I've only seen about 5 bladesworn in matches this far. Not even kidding. Almost every match has at least one harbinger, a vindicator, and often a specter. Plenty of mechanists too. But almost no bladesworns. I'm kinda surprised by this, as I play warrior so you would expect to pull warriors on to the other team more often. And still no BSw.

On another note, I have yet to see the spec played well in competitive. 

You won't see any since it feels terrible to play even in open world pve , the other elite specs and core just work way better considering they aren't that peachy to begin with. There isn't much to cheese like other new specs, the damage multiplier that BS gets is capped, might get some bunker build at some point cause the only thing you might be able to abuse is the spam elite that should probably not exists cause they nerfed the kitten of everything because of it.]