Ofcourse they made a spec for necro with ridiculous damage

Why am I not Suprised they would add a necro spec that is obviously broken?

Harbinger, a very mobile tanky damage dealing spec.

With a extremely spam heavy no cool down  range skill 1 that is faster than dagger thief.

either the developer's on crack or they just gave up on balance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

There is a close relationship between class popularity - balance and marketing for the game. Popular class = more players, if you make sure the popular class stays so...you get even more players. The downside of large scale MMO is that balance eventually take a back seat when we start talking about revenue 

40 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

There is a close relationship between class popularity - balance and marketing for the game. Popular class = more players, if you make sure the popular class stays so...you get even more players. The downside of large scale MMO is that balance eventually take a back seat when we start talking about revenue 

unless you are a chad developer and do the right thing, this type of games work only short term which is why games like gw2 and wow are dying

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Cynz.9437 said:

Notice how thieves can't have nice things for years. But other classes? Np.

Notice how thief has dominated pvp scene since forever, i doubt.

Well except you, thief is weak in your hand

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

As a +1 and decap, most 1v1's are not worth your time, unless they are a worse player than you. Equally skilled matchups are not in a thiefs favour, better just to run away.

20 minutes ago, ixon.2496 said:

As a +1 and decap, most 1v1's are not worth your time, unless they are a worse player than you. Equally skilled matchups are not in a thiefs favour, better just to run away.

Always found it funny how that works, if you are better on a thief you win, if you are worse you just leave, and if you are even you just leave as its not worth the time.
If im worse as ranger then X class I kittening die as its supposed to be, not thief tho.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, FarmBotXD.1430 said:

Always found it funny how that works, if you are better on a thief you win, if you are worse you just leave, and if you are even you just leave as its not worth the time.
If im worse as ranger then X class I kittening die as its supposed to be, not thief tho.

It's super funny, because mesmer can run away, gs warrior can run away, elixir/gyro engi can run away, ele can run away. A lot of classes have disengage options if you chose to play that way. Thief just excels at it. What all those classes can do that thief can't though is sustain. When a thief does sustain through stealth/evades, they are doing 0 damage, or incredibly little, so blinding powder/smoke field is required.

I'd love to stay in a fight as a thief, but when they can people complain, when they run away people complain, when they burst people complain. The class is so shoehorned into its current play style.

Also if a thief is worse than you and managed to leave, thats on you. 

4 minutes ago, ixon.2496 said:

It's super funny, because mesmer can run away, gs warrior can run away, elixir/gyro engi can run away, ele can run away. A lot of classes have disengage options if you chose to play that way. Thief just excels at it. What all those classes can do that thief can't though is sustain. When a thief does sustain through stealth/evades, they are doing 0 damage, or incredibly little, so blinding powder/smoke field is required.

I'd love to stay in a fight as a thief, but when they can people complain, when they run away people complain, when they burst people complain. The class is so shoehorned into its current play style.

no class in the game can stop thief from leaving, even in 1v2 thief just packs his kitten and leaves if he wants
honestly thief is so kitten design class should be scrapped and reworked, cant believe something as garbage as ini system still exists in 2022

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

With the recent nerfs to necro condi they are kind of forcing people to play power/dps. Wouldn’t call the new spec tanky?

All these X is OP threads are also coming too early, give it a week for the actual meta to develop. Right now the sample size is too small.

3 hours ago, ixon.2496 said:

Thief problem is not disengage mobility, thief problem is Shadow Arts traitline, the climax of what is called a "carry" traitline.

If you don't know die in a match as thief, you can. And that's stupid.

In high level monthly at plays the only counter to thief is having a thief as well in your team or you lose 100%. Seems fair to you?

You are passively forced to play a profession based on your enemy comp, it's ridiculous.

Harbinger has oneshot potential, but in full zerk, and without shroud hp bar, you die instantly to any kind of focus even without a need to be +1. I'm farming harbingers left and right.

Vindicator is a bit more problematic, oneshot burst as well, but lots of sustain blocks, evades, and the especially the dodge heal is just too good.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FarmBotXD.1430 said:

no class in the game can stop thief from leaving, even in 1v2 thief just packs his kitten and leaves if he wants
honestly thief is so kitten design class should be scrapped and reworked, cant believe something as garbage as ini system still exists in 2022

I personally don't feel the mobility and capacity to ignore stuns / immob on thief class is really a problem by itself. I think thief has plenty of broken mechanic like stealth or DD permaevade while dealing damage but the mobility and ability to avoid being pinned down is none. 

The main problem in PvP and WvW is the ability to reset the fight: With that i mean anybody can run away and reset the hp bar. Which is a problem because it promotes mobility over fights. It is better to run than to be better at playing. 

I always has said plenty of times in this forum: In PvP and WvW once you get out from respawn the player is all the time in combat, it can not reset the hp until it returns to the respawn. In PVP is simple, just remove the HP reset. 

In WvW is a more complicated matter because there is the waypoint and mounts but it should apply the same rules as in PvP. 

Thus a thief/ranger running away does not mean an automatic HP reset in PvP and it will not bring any strategic benefits. Thief still keeps the fast mobility and capping capabilities while it removes toxic game mechanics brought from PvE. 

5 hours ago, FarmBotXD.1430 said:

Ranger is much easier than thief.  And its not even close. 

1 hour ago, grx.8714 said:

Thief problem is not disengage mobility, thief problem is Shadow Arts traitline, the climax of what is called a "carry" traitline.

If you don't know die in a match as thief, you can. And that's stupid.

In high level monthly at plays the only counter to thief is having a thief as well in your team or you lose 100%. Seems fair to you?

You are passively forced to play a profession based on your enemy comp, it's ridiculous.

Harbinger has oneshot potential, but in full zerk, and without shroud hp bar, you die instantly to any kind of focus even without a need to be +1. I'm farming harbingers left and right.

Vindicator is a bit more problematic, oneshot burst as well, but lots of sustain blocks, evades, and the especially the dodge heal is just too good.

That "was" a problem.  Thief was nerfed a lot.  And the reason why thief was and maybe is op is because of its utilities and disengage.  

16 hours ago, Marxx.5021 said:

D/P thief 2 sec daze - no cast time.

Harbinger 1 sec daze - 3/4 sec cast time. That's pretty lame for PvP.

2s daze is for PvE only, in WvW and PvP the daze is 1/4 sec.

10 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

That's actually not true, there have been many times in the past where thief was not meta (or even viable sometimes) or outclassed by another class, for example mesmer pre-portal nerf.
Thief is just slightly better at stealthing and walking around than most other classes (so they can sneak by someone and decap while nobody's looking). That's literally the only reason why thief is not replaced by rev or even mesmer in sPvP.
During bunker metas thief was mostly able to keep themselves in the meta by being able to rip boons, that's it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, anduriell.6280 said:

I personally don't feel the mobility and capacity to ignore stuns / immob on thief class is really a problem by itself. I think thief has plenty of broken mechanic like stealth or DD permaevade while dealing damage but the mobility and ability to avoid being pinned down is none. 

The main problem in PvP and WvW is the ability to reset the fight: With that i mean anybody can run away and reset the hp bar. Which is a problem because it promotes mobility over fights. It is better to run than to be better at playing. 

I always has said plenty of times in this forum: In PvP and WvW once you get out from respawn the player is all the time in combat, it can not reset the hp until it returns to the respawn. In PVP is simple, just remove the HP reset. 

In WvW is a more complicated matter because there is the waypoint and mounts but it should apply the same rules as in PvP. 

Thus a thief/ranger running away does not mean an automatic HP reset in PvP and it will not bring any strategic benefits. Thief still keeps the fast mobility and capping capabilities while it removes toxic game mechanics brought from PvE. 

YOu hit the nail on the head which is why when the TTK was too low mobillity and evades were always superior to tanking hits which warrs often it didn't work, and some classes were famous for running away particularly mesmers rangers could reset and also thieves, but thieves were the absolute worse since they always stay out of range.

I think it would be good for some mobility to exist but to have drawbacks with mobility.Either that or thief needs their counters to be a little stronger?

Edited by Axl.8924

50 minutes ago, DoomNexus.5324 said:
17 hours ago, Marxx.5021 said:

D/P thief 2 sec daze - no cast time.

Harbinger 1 sec daze - 3/4 sec cast time. That's pretty lame for PvP.

2s daze is for PvE only, in WvW and PvP the daze is 1/4 sec.

What ability are you talking about? Sleight of hand is 1s in all game modes.

oh and unless wiki is wrong, harbringer p3 daze is 1.25 s in wvw/pvp, not 0.25.

Edited by Markri.9475

1 hour ago, Markri.9475 said:

What ability are you talking about? Sleight of hand is 1s in all game modes.

Since they mentioned D/P (and the skill in fact does have a 2sec daze - but only in PvE) I think the comment was referring to Head Shot, not Sleight of Hand.
At least I was referring to Head Shot, which has 0.25sec daze in WvW/PvP - unless wiki is wrong.

Edited by DoomNexus.5324