Let me get this right...

So you've taken the big background lore arc, involving the fight against Reiko & the Ministry of Purity's attempt to ethnically cleanse all of Cantha.

And you've managed to include zero Luxon or Kurzick armor sets or in the game. 

"Yay, we stopped the Minister of Purity from homogenizing everything! As a result, we have now homogenized everything! 🤡"

Yeah this is a fashion post whatever.

Edited by Obliviscaris.6937
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 5

3 hours ago, BrotherBelial.3094 said:

I really don't see where the story can go from here tbh.

Now that they've wrapped up the dragon storyline, they can literally do whatever they want. They've also covered the continents provided in GW1, so they now have full freedom to explore brand new environments.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Obliviscaris.6937 said:

So you've t taken the big background lore arc, involving the fight against Reiko & the Ministry of Purity's attempt to ethnically cleanse all of Cantha.

And you've managed to include zero Luxon or Kurzick armor sets or in the game. 

"Yay, we stopped the Minister of Purity from homogenizing everything! As a result, we have now homogenized everything! 🤡"

Yeah this is a fashion post whatever.

"We are the Borg. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us."   - the Borg

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, IrishPotato.6327 said:

Now that they've wrapped up the dragon storyline, they can literally do whatever they want. They've also covered the continents provided in GW1, so they now have full freedom to explore brand new environments.

They alredy did with that weird void-concept. Going on long enough, I feel like every fantasy-universe will get a "void" as part of it's world. Pretty worn out tbh.

• Like 1

Krait.

While Krait in Tyria have a parasitic slaver/scavenger culture, let's explore out from Cantha and find a neighboring Krait kingdom with more formal, but no less vicious, society.

We can find an underground Krait resistance working to topple their autocratic rulers. The Krait resistance, having heard that the commander defeated the Deep Sea Dragon, not understandng the particulars of what happened, have contacted them for help with their rebellion.

I think we've been given "good" versions of about every "evil" Guild Wars race, but I haven't seen "good" Krait yet.

The race is even named after real world snakes of South Asia.

The Largos, as another, linked, deep sea race, could also figure prominently.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Imba.9451 said:

They alredy did with that weird void-concept. Going on long enough, I feel like every fantasy-universe will get a "void" as part of it's world. Pretty worn out tbh.

I would consider the void as tied into the Dragon storyline. I won't say it was good, because it seemed like their panic button concept "it's everything".

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mythical.6315 said:

FF14 did something similar with their expansion last year I think. 

Pretty much. In their 2019 expansion, FF14 introduced the storyline of how the current world's status came to be, with a destruction of the "original star" as they call it and it splintered.

Their current expansion expanded (hehe) on that further by detailing how that all happened, with a hivemind of intelligent creatures sent out to the stars to find the meaning of life and it's purpose. What they found was life comes to an end, either naturally or artificially by self destruction so what's the point of life at all if it ends. They would then sing an "oblivion song" that sends everything to nothing and to the void as a mercy.

Edited by IrishPotato.6327

Still VERY frustratingly waiting for them to add my (Non-Elite) Assassin Luxon and Kurzick ARMOR (not outfit!) from GW1. Lord Abaddon have mercy I just want buttcapeless Assassin back. Was there a villain in Cantha similar to Joko who destroyed all the Assassin armor the way Joko destroyed spears?

And even if so; give us a way to restore such culture to the world.

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 1