Virtuoso has insane auto attack dps

Mell.4873

Okay I'm back with another promotion of Virtuoso.

With the recent round of Condition buffs i tried to a few builds on the golem.
The best result was Krait runes and 50/50 Vipers + Grieving stats you could also do Vipers + Rampager for a similar result.

The main thing is you needed 100% bleed duration, and remember Fury and the signet of midnight can give you expertise.

The beauty of what I found was the auto attack alone can produce 18k dps on a golem.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 15

I just tested it myself.  Grieving/Viper hybrid specifically built around getting 100% bleed duration with Sigils of Earth and Torment.  Using the standard buffs by snowcrows (Frost + Sun + Spotter, Banners + Empower allies Assassin's Presence, and Pinpoint Distribution) nets me, at max, 18.1k DPS on auto attack.  That is nowhere near 35k DPS.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

I just tested it myself.  Grieving/Viper hybrid specifically built around getting 100% bleed duration with Sigils of Earth and Torment.  Using the standard buffs by snowcrows (Frost + Sun + Spotter, Banners + Empower allies Assassin's Presence, and Pinpoint Distribution) nets me, at max, 18.1k DPS on auto attack.  That is nowhere near 35k DPS.  

Weird it might have been a bug with arc then. It is about 12k bleed damage and 6k power damage still 18k is nothing to scoff at for a ranged dps.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

6 minutes ago, Ombras.2853 said:

Can you stop saying bullshits just for the sake of your argument?

There’s no way it does not even half of that damage on auto attack.

I did make a mistake initially with 35k but it defiantly does 18k on auto attack which is about 3k higher than Mirage with all its clones up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

36 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

I did make a mistake initially with 35k but it defiantly does 18k on auto attack which is about 3k higher than Mirage with all its clones up.

No. If you keep dodging with 3 clones up and infinite horizons, Mirage beats Virtuoso in terms of autoattack.

Edited by Nezekan.2671
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Nezekan.2671 said:

I just tested this. It's not "insane" at all. Staff Daredevil is still better.

Yes but it is ranged so no need to stand near the target to do damage and it pierces. In terms of auto attacks it does seem like one of best, i would say the engineer flamethower is slightly better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

5 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

Well that isn't auto attacking is it

Huh? So you want to afk at the golem? Even then, you just press dodge button and the character will keep auto attacking. Ambushing actually does not interrupt axe attack chain, after the ambush, you pick up on where you left off.

Edited by Nezekan.2671
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nezekan.2671 said:

Huh? So you want to afk at the golem? Even then, you just press dodge button and the character will keep auto attacking. Ambushing actually does not interrupt axe attack chain, after the ambush, you pick up on where you left off.

I guess.... its not really auto attacking if you have to press other buttons. That like saying I should be able to use the Thousand Cuts Virtuoso ult since it has no cast time.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

OP has a valid point here ... you would be AMAZED how many people play pressing 1. I'm not sure amazing AA damage is actually a goal of Anet for Virtuoso but being aware of these things is useful when suggesting builds for specific players. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

OP has a valid point here ... you would be AMAZED how many people play pressing 1. I'm not sure amazing AA damage is actually a goal of Anet for Virtuoso but being aware of these things is useful when suggesting builds for specific players. 

It is definingly easier for people to play, i mean i spent a good year trying and trying to learn Chronomancer finally after repeated attempts i got the weird rotation down.

Chronomancer is still superior in a lot of ways especially the burst which has much greater potential, and also the slow/taunt which is crazy op CC for the open world. The greatest downside to Chrono is downright stupid rotation involving cramming as many abilities in Continuum Split, while using Signet of the Ether on as many phantasm cooldowns as possible.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

On 3/18/2022 at 8:41 AM, Wolfb.7025 said:

With all standard benchmark boons? rifle deadeye autoattacks makes for 17-18k too.

That is a pretty stationary class and is not ideal for most pve content. I rarely see anyone play deadeye outside pvp.

Again Virtuoso can move, no need to dodge, no need to be in melee; all while doing the 18k.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/16/2022 at 8:18 PM, Mell.4873 said:

Okay I'm back with another promotion of Virtuoso.

With the recent round of Condition buffs i tried to a few builds on the golem.
The best result was Krait runes and 50/50 Vipers + Grieving stats you could also do Vipers + Rampager for a similar result.

The main thing is you needed 100% bleed duration, and remember Fury and the signet of midnight can give you expertise.

The beauty of what I found was the auto attack alone can produce 18k dps on a golem.

Heya Mell; so I have a serious question I was wondering if you can answer for not only myself but for others in the Mesmer Community. I also have to keep reminding myself that you’re mostly posting in regards to Virtuoso in PvE which of course, almost any build/variation will work in and players can play how they want in that mode. Well, unless it’s Raids/Fractals/Strikes where certain builds are far superior than others, but I guess one can by pass those rules if grouping with guildies/friends. 

So, getting into my question. After 5 consecutive threads regarding the Virtuoso and trying to push condition Virtuoso (PvE) onto others, only a very small ratio of players will actually pick it up, most likely temporarily to test out in PvE situations because why not, some by now have legendary gear so they can easily switch it out. While the rest of the player base is either playing: (Pwr) Virtuoso, Chrono, Mirage or even Core.

If no one aside from you and a few others don’t want to play condition Virtuoso or Virtuoso in general as it does need to be looked over again and there’s still traits that are not working with it, what happens now? Where do these conversations end up going? Because after the 5 threads you’ve posted regarding praising the Virtuoso and condition Virtuoso, no one’s listening, I don’t blame them and neither am I because we’re the ones who have put in the hours into Mesmer as a whole AND during the Beta testing for Virtuoso, whilst providing pages of feedback, videos, pictures for evidence and the list goes. But where exactly does all this constant bickering on both sides go other than no where? “Virtuosos auto is great! This Virtuoso build is amazing for me! This Virtuoso build makes it far better than Mirage! Virtuoso has insane auto dps!” Yeah that’s nice, not seeing it. We’re still not gonna play it. Now what? 

As what was mentioned in to you in one of your previous threads from another player, we get it and we understand that the Virtuoso is working FOR YOU, and YOU are enjoying it. Find peace in THAT because trying to force others to side with you after 5 threads on the Virtuoso is a dead end and doesn’t look good for ones forum reputation. No, I’m not saying that in terms of you having to agree with all of us when we say the Virtuoso is lacking in some areas and when we prove you wrong in certain data analysis that aren’t matching up. I’m just saying, you can say what you have to say/promote in one thread and if no one agrees, well then oh well, you tried, we move on and continue to enjoy the game how WE want. ✌️

Edited by Tseison.4659
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1