Please. Anet. Allow us to disable virtuoso daggers out of combat [Merged]

lysico.1297

There is a reason why the won't hide the daggers and this has to do with competitive play. You want to see how much "resource" they have before initiating a battle or to know how to approach it. I wouldn't expect PvE people to understand this logic but this is very much the case.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Like I said most people wouldnt understand why its important to have visuals for resource shown at all times when it comes to competitive play. Thats why people have complained about mantras over the years because there is no visual on the charges as well as they are instant cast. You can only assume and predict base on the usage.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

The only thing they need to do is hide daggers from enemies in WvW. That would give Virtuoso the needed edge in the element of surprise. Enemies should not know how many daggers we have, makes us too predictable.

Other than that, daggers are fine imo. 

The entire point of the design is to telegraph clearly what state the Virtuoso is in, to both allies and enemies.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

It's literally the single best thing about Virtuoso is being able to stand around with 5 blades.

Was pretty funny standing with 5 daggers pointing at the Empress' face and trying to pretend that Li was weird for worrying about us.

• Haha 3

Guys, all I want is an OPTION to hide the floaties, for myself only, on my screen only.

No, I don't want it to affect others, or hide them in PvP gamemodes. Come on. (unless we actually get a generic "hide other players' effects" option too, because that would be swell.)

You can stop jumping at each others' throats. Thanks you for coming to my TED talk.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I second this. I'm currently still maining Mirage on my Mesmer but I'm interested in the playstyle of Virtuoso. But the permanent daggers floating in the air really kills it for me. Have it be shown in combat only or when we have our weapons drawn, please!

Edited by Kathkere.3068
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...

Can you please either

• decrease the daggers' size to 50% of its current size, or
  • make the daggers only appear in-fight (i.e., with weapons drawn) ?

Please.

Their constant visual presence is super annoying as they are completely oversized, and aestherically unappealing in color as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

I also think starting new threads for topics that have multiple existing threads is a good way to boost your post count and get a lot of alerts to reactions/quotes to trigger that dopamine rush.

??? 🤦‍♂️

I hate the fact that this forum has reaction emojis, but hey, I guess it pampers your ego to play hobby psychologist? Just a guess (I'm no psychologist). 🤷‍♂️

P.S. Thanks for sabotaging this thread. You could have at least left a link to other existing topics that address this very issue that are not the Virtuoso Feedback thread. :classic_dry:

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/114647-new-idea-virtuosos-floating-blades-should-copy-your-equipped-daggers-skin/?tab=comments#comment-1659649

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/113048-let-us-hide-the-daggers-already/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-1644185

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/112015-please-anet-allow-us-to-disable-virtuoso-daggers-out-of-combat/

Others asked this or similar things so you are not alone, maybe they bring somthing with the next big patch, otherwise there is not much hope since we have here in the forum the "its fine for me so it has to be fine for everyone" group, so its easier for anet to hear what they say since this means no more work for them.

Edited by Urphen.2857
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There's been a number of people, including myself who asked Arenanet to remove this particle garbage out of combat (or when weapons are stowed) or at least to give the option to disable the visuals this ugliness out of combat on the client side.

Sadly, so far Arenanet has failed to even bother to publicly acknowledge that some players want this.

Arenanet made the problem worse by putting automated Blade generation on a minor trait, so we can't even prevent this disgusting particle effect by spending the Blades after combat.

Being forced into this particle effect at all times is the primary reason I played EoD as a Chronomancer instead.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

• Forum Moderator.3074 changed the title to Please. Anet. Allow us to disable virtuoso daggers out of combat [Merged]

Yes please - I'd very much like for the daggers to only appear when in combat. They're a bit of an eyesore and honestly it looks a bit silly having deadly psionic daggers floating over my head when chatting to story NPCs etc - it's a bit like my Virtuoso is holding a gun to the heads of these poor people.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'll add I want different dagger skins instead of the generic blocky ones we have right now that float rigidly above us. Just like bladesworn ( and for simplistic reasons) give us a skin based off each culture. The base one is more human, a rugged one for Norn, plant-like for sylvari, industrial metalworked one for charr, technological inspired for asura. Any race can use any skin but as a bare minimum we should have more than one generic skin.

• Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...