Disappointed with SAB

lummuss.6850

Well, for starters I can say with absolute certainty that I'm a PVE player and I'm addicted to annual GW2 festivals. And I come here to share my perspective on the 2022 Super Adventure Festival.
In the first few days, I was impressed with the news that arrived this year, the Hardlight weapons are magnificent. But, I came across other reasons that left me 100% discouraged after a few days had passed.
Could someone answer me why the holographic utility became EXTREMELY cheap in a matter of hours?!
What motivated me to do the festival was the acquisition of the holographic utilities, because somehow they would be able to give me a gold profit at the end of the festival. I relentlessly collected baubles every day just for the pleasure of collecting and exchanging them for the holographic utility. Now, is it really worthwhile to collect baubles to exchange for holographic soups?
It was impressive how the company broke the ONLY way to farm gold at the festival! They put the holographic soups inside the "Super Loot" bags to end the pleasure of players thinking about acquiring gold.
NOTE: The holographic utilities before the festival were costing an average of 60-70 silver, and during past festivals, they never went down as drastically in price as they are now.
The Festival died for me, now I just do the basics, complete the daily achievements and get out. The Festival has become something very poor and repetitive (now that there is no way to earn any amount of gold, it got even worse).
What about purchasing items?! What is the chance of dropping something from the bosses? Bosses that are daily!
In the early days I did everything, today I barely do anything there. I'm just playing the Festival because I only need a Crimson weapon to complete my achievement. If it wasn't for that, not even Festival would exist for me.
And another, the items that the npcs offer in exchange for balls are already well outdated. How many years have you had those items? Some minis, backpacks, speakers, in short, more of the same.
Not everything revolves around achievements, Guild Wars 2 is a game that prioritizes the beauty and appearance of the characters as well. Sometimes it's expensive to beautify yourself, and that requires in-game gold.
For me, the Festival I loved so much died this year.

Edited by lummuss.6850
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 11

Why does every festival need to be about farming gold? I know that's how a lot of people play Halloween and Wintersday (I've been guilty of it myself some years) but I don't think it's a bad thing if a festival isn't also an effective gold farm. If anything I'd say that's better because it means you can just do what you feel like (even if that's skipping it entirely) instead of feeling pressured to make the most of the farming opportunity while it's here.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Why does every festival need to be about farming gold? I know that's how a lot of people play Halloween and Wintersday (I've been guilty of it myself some years) but I don't think it's a bad thing if a festival isn't also an effective gold farm. If anything I'd say that's better because it means you can just do what you feel like (even if that's skipping it entirely) instead of feeling pressured to make the most of the farming opportunity while it's here.

Agreed.

I did orphan present runs most days for the first time this last Wintersday. It's a quick little thing and kind of enjoyable to get a little bit of Christmas-like cheer.

But the rest of Wintersday and festivals, I dip in and play a little, then move on to the rest of the game when I've had my yearly taste of the particular event. A time or two through the JPs, Toypocalypse, Dragonball, or fireworks is plenty, and I'm glad none of the rewards are such that I feel a desperate need to do them.

Labyrinth... labyrinth I just have no interest in even if the rewards are good.

I'm doing infantile mode SAB with my daughter. I'm sure once we make it through the whole thing, we'll be done with that as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Agreed, it's a festival, people can make what they want out of it.  Doesn't need to be all about gold.  Do I enjoy the profit from selling during Halloween and Wintersday?  Absolutely.  Do I still enjoy them for fun?  Definitely.  I enjoy Lunar festival and Dragon Bash as well, and I don't usually sell as much stuff.  I just like the events.  I loathe SAB, I do a couple of levels on infantile and leave.  I like that I can get some tokens for killing champions....very helpful.  I don't feel like I'm missing out...some people thoroughly enjoy it just for the humor and nostalgia factor.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lummuss.6850 said:

Well, for starters I can say with absolute certainty that I'm a PVE player and I'm addicted to annual GW2 festivals. And I come here to share my perspective on the 2022 Super Adventure Festival.
In the first few days, I was impressed with the news that arrived this year, the Hardlight weapons are magnificent. But, I came across other reasons that left me 100% discouraged after a few days had passed.
Could someone answer me why the holographic utility became EXTREMELY cheap in a matter of hours?!
What motivated me to do the festival was the acquisition of the holographic utilities, because somehow they would be able to give me a gold profit at the end of the festival. I relentlessly collected baubles every day just for the pleasure of collecting and exchanging them for the holographic utility. Now, is it really worthwhile to collect baubles to exchange for holographic soups?
It was impressive how the company broke the ONLY way to farm gold at the festival! They put the holographic soups inside the "Super Loot" bags to end the pleasure of players thinking about acquiring gold.
NOTE: The holographic utilities before the festival were costing an average of 60-70 silver, and during past festivals, they never went down as drastically in price as they are now.
The Festival died for me, now I just do the basics, complete the daily achievements and get out. The Festival has become something very poor and repetitive (now that there is no way to earn any amount of gold, it got even worse).
What about purchasing items?! What is the chance of dropping something from the bosses? Bosses that are daily!
In the early days I did everything, today I barely do anything there. I'm just playing the Festival because I only need a Crimson weapon to complete my achievement. If it wasn't for that, not even Festival would exist for me.
And another, the items that the npcs offer in exchange for balls are already well outdated. How many years have you had those items? Some minis, backpacks, speakers, in short, more of the same.
Not everything revolves around achievements, Guild Wars 2 is a game that prioritizes the beauty and appearance of the characters as well. Sometimes it's expensive to beautify yourself, and that requires in-game gold.
For me, the Festival I loved so much died this year.

TLDR: More gold pls.

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, lummuss.6850 said:

The answer is super simple.

Hundreds, if not thousands of players thought exactly the same as you did "wow I've got to make a profit out of this".

Resulted in an overload of supply over demand. If anything, i'm very surprised SAB food/utility costed 80s to begin with.

Besides the food/utilities comes from the Super Loot Bag which everyone that is doing SAB or killing champions is getting everyday.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

e agora você tem uma melhor compreensão do que os verdadeiros agricultores têm que lidar

Também... tem maçã, bolo, queijo e coxinha. Eu sei que a classificação dos alimentos pode ser estranha, mas qual dessas é uma sopa?

soup, food, utility, consumable, snack, snack, food... I can say countless adjectives for them. Take it as you like, but I call it soup.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

21 hours ago, Wolfb.7025 said:

A resposta é supersimples.

Centenas, senão milhares de jogadores pensaram exatamente o mesmo que você "uau, eu tenho que lucrar com isso".

Resultou em uma sobrecarga de oferta sobre a demanda. Se alguma coisa, estou muito surpreso que a comida/utilidade SAB custou 80 anos para começar.

Além kitten comida/utilidades vem do Super Loot Bag que todo mundo que está fazendo SAB ou matando campeões está recebendo todos os dias.

But you didn't quite understand what actually happened.
1- Consumables went down in price in a matter of a few hours (before they used to cost 70 silver and suddenly the price went down to 1-3 silver)
2- I played every year the Festival and this never happened (consumables have always remained in this price range 60-70 silver)
3- Why in the middle of 2022 people would ABSURDLY lower their price and could profit from it?
I understand the part that people are getting consumables through Super loots (only 3 per day), but that still doesn't explain why they drop from 70 silver to 3 silver in a matter of hours.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, lummuss.6850 said:

3- Why in the middle of 2022 people would ABSURDLY lower their price and could profit from it?
I understand the part that people are getting consumables through Super loots (only 3 per day), but that still doesn't explain why they drop from 70 silver to 3 silver in a matter of hours.

In previous years only people who cared about playing SAB  and people who gathered from home instances were sources for these items. This year nearly everyone is a source for these items. 3 per person may not seem like a lot but compared to 0 it is a huge increase

11 hours ago, Taclism.2406 said:

Se você quer ganhar dinheiro, venda as skins Kaiser. 110 de ouro (ao preço do comprador) por 8x3 diárias é bastante fácil

Friend, the Kaiser skins that you earn in the daily 8-day achievement chest are linked in the account.

On 4/8/2022 at 8:30 AM, Farohna.6247 said:

Agreed, it's a festival, people can make what they want out of it.  Doesn't need to be all about gold.  Do I enjoy the profit from selling during Halloween and Wintersday?  Absolutely.  Do I still enjoy them for fun?  Definitely.  I enjoy Lunar festival and Dragon Bash as well, and I don't usually sell as much stuff.  I just like the events.  I loathe SAB, I do a couple of levels on infantile and leave.  I like that I can get some tokens for killing champions....very helpful.  I don't feel like I'm missing out...some people thoroughly enjoy it just for the humor and nostalgia factor.  

I don't think it's unreasonable to have some form of gold farm in each festival.  The wintersday jump puzzle and mad king labyrinth are pretty popular.  I don't really care much for most festivals, but I still pop in for at least a few sessions while these events are available.  I really wish they'd expand SAB as it's my favorite festival by far and I've done all of the achievements and unlocked most of the skins at this point.  Barring that it'd be nice to have more of a reason to visit it like I do with wintersday and halloween festival gold farms.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

I don't think it's unreasonable to have some form of gold farm in each festival.  The wintersday jump puzzle and mad king labyrinth are pretty popular.  I don't really care much for most festivals, but I still pop in for at least a few sessions while these events are available.  I really wish they'd expand SAB as it's my favorite festival by far and I've done all of the achievements and unlocked most of the skins at this point.  Barring that it'd be nice to have more of a reason to visit it like I do with wintersday and halloween festival gold farms.

Reasonable request when compared to other festivals.  I like the events and energy in the other ones better, as well as the aesthetics of the rewards.  For me, selling is secondary after I've spent it on the items I'm interested in.  I still would not get into SAB, but those who love it I'm glad they enjoy it.

10 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

SAB is my favourite as well, I generally like what has been added thus far. New worlds and trib modes would be nice, I assume they will arrive eventually. I have been farming bauble bubbles for the crimson backpack but my spending habits mean I doubt I will get the 128 required, even if I sell some assassin tokens which I think is a terrible trade. I do enjoy Dragon Bash too, and Halloween though I think Mad King is far too easy in every respect.

6 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Edit @ :classic_blink: reaction: Instead of giving me a stupid reaction, you could have simply answered my question. Is this thread about the utility food?

Yes, e.g. holographic super cheese used to cost 80s a piece, now it is closer to 5s. Also, have a confused reaction on the house 😉

Edited by nosleepdemon.1368

On 4/9/2022 at 8:13 AM, lummuss.6850 said:

(consumables have always remained in this price range 60-70 silver)

This probably is due more to the fact that nearly every event you run these days, players are dropping ascended food trays. Meta events, WvW, lions arch, HP squad trains, OW bosses, fractals, raids, heck- even dungeons... Players just have better sources of food, that is easier to come by. (can't remember the names, but the utility trays are a thing too- even if a little rarer.) 

On 4/8/2022 at 12:49 PM, lummuss.6850 said:

Demand and supply.

There is a lot of supply because it's readily available from the SAB while the demand stay at the same level over the year. Thus the prices go down right now and will be high again a few weeks after the SAB festival.

Basic economic knowledge.

NB.: This is a "priceless" moment for those that like to play the trading post as they will likely get a lot of benefit from what they buy during the festival over the coming year.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...