4th espec wants and desires?

Kheron.9062

51 minutes ago, Dawanarth.4601 said:

The Gods aren't clearly being of the mist, as a few of the 6 have had cannon human/mortal life previously, and I think it's implied that another was a known mortal before but I don't know which

Razah and Arachnia are the Mist being that could become Legends

They for one are not worthy of being legends, and as mist beings (Like the six even though they may or may not of been once mortal) They don't have echoes in the mists. The mist beings who exist can't be channeled because they are of the mists; This was actually a big debate in a conversation I had back when PoF first launched on the forums with a few other users.

When you go and look at the lore when abaddon died he left no echo, not because kormir absorbed him but because he basically returned to the mists. He never left an echo, only his mortal followers did like vaaresh and co. So that being said he never was able to leave his mark within the mists as he was basically one with it from the start. The reason we can channel mallyx is because canonically I don't believe it ever stated that we ever fully destroyed him; He lingers on somewhere in the realm of torment and likely has taken over in his lords absence. 

So since revenants when channeling beings within the mists basically have them living through them, there is no way to really have razah or arachnia become legends Arachnia is dead so she would cease to exist at least as a form we can channel; Razah likely would end up just taking over our body and we'd cease to exist. 

I'd rather Razah actually show up as a character at some point, becoming one of our allies and main storylines we follow as to what he's been up to and what he is and how it all works. Perhaps even more pushing the lore for revenants as he could have dialogue with us if we are a "mist walker" like a revenant is.

That said neither fit the bill as a legend as we dont have any Idea as to what they've done, we have no clue lore wise what they really have been up to and so far both have vauge inklings as to their existence. So far Arachnia is mentioned in the 20th anniversary art book which is the first time she's mentioned by name. (She's never been spoken of prior or since outside of our ramblings.) Razah we legit have NO CLUE what he's doing or where he is, likely I assume he returned to the mists and he might've even taken over for balthazar? As being of the mists he'd be more than capable of taking that mantle. As well he has compassion for humanity as Im sure he developed it in his travels with the GW1 hero and friends. So I think we'll be seeing him as a character which means he can't be a legend. 

Note we never met glint directly, we heard her voice "messages" and there was the brief moment in the mists with blish, where we heard her voice. But we never, ever, ever actually got to meet her.  So if they bring them in as a character (which razah deserves honestly) I'd rather them not make him a legend and rather him be like the revenants final form? Like this is what a revenant *could* become if they learn to harness the mists on their own without channeling others? 

Perhaps that could be a cool Idea too, razah gives us a legendless revenant who gets a whole new outlook on life lol

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/15/2022 at 6:36 PM, TheSeraphim.7413 said:

That is our only REAL option outside of Hammer for WvW, a second real choice for ranged weapon would be nice. I'd really like Scepter because it would be the first real "Spell-Caster" Legend hopefully outside of Goat who is only Healing.

isssue is... Revenant needs the rantged weapon added to core and not to a elite to prevent the same problem occuring.

where the moment u step outside of the elite u lose all ranged options outside hammer.

• Thanks 3

I just hope ANET remove nerf from hammer. Then we can freely design spec for 4th Elite.

now we have only Kalla - bow range 900 ( better than nothing) . 
spear from Vindy don’t count, it is meta skill for break gate / tools in wvw.

so now we stuck to get real range weapon ( range 1200 or more)

for my idea about 4th elite , I might need komir with concept of borrow ( steal skill) and store the collect skill (like tame pet)  for use any time by F2 F3 F4 . So other than utility, we can vary play style by collected skill .  Only hardship is run around the world to collect the skill.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dawanarth.4601 said:

Could an Espec introduce 2 weapon that aren't the same ? Like Main hand Axe and Offhand Mace ?

Theoretically yes. Spellbreaker already introduced both main and off-hand dagger (while the same weapon type; they’re technically different weapons in the code). 

I’ve been wanting Scepter + Focus for forever. They could definitely make it work if they wanted to. 

Edited by LucianTheAngelic.7054
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

Theoretically yes. Spellbreaker already introduced both main and off-hand dagger (while the same weapon type; they’re technically different weapons in the code). 

I’ve been wanting Scepter + Focus for forever. They could definitely make it work if they wanted to. 

I really hope they do Scepter + Focus as a core weapon set, not an Elite spec... that way we have the first long range scepter/focus set that any spec can use. Make them work like trident so they go based off of what legend you're channeling and there you go.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thornwolf.9721 said:

I really hope they do Scepter + Focus as a core weapon set, not an Elite spec... that way we have the first long range scepter/focus set that any spec can use. Make them work like trident so they go based off of what legend you're channeling and there you go.

Yeah more core options would be nice, but I'm doubtful they'll add more core weapons, so a Scepter + Focus elite is probably the best we could hope for 😕

30 minutes ago, Mediahead.3542 said:

Name: Savant

Weapon: Scepter or rifle

Profession mechanic: Legendary Golemancer Stance (Oola + Zinn), classic golem pet*

Utility skills: Commands (used to control said golem)

*Unlike the mechanist's jade mech, the savant's golem is water proof

would be way too close to the Mechanist for my liking

For the Asura Legend I would take would be Omadd, he created the Omadd's Machine which let Scarlet become see the Ethernal Alchemy

Weapon: Rifle or Pistol/Pistol

Profession Mechanic: Eternal Alchemy: By using the power of the mist, the Balancer can store the excess power and fill a gauge to use for their other legend (F2: Store energy; F3:Release energy to fill energy bar; F4: Use energy to accomplish a Legend thematic effect)

Skills: Skill should be tied to the Machine, having features of the Leylines and have cleanses/convert

Maybe something like the Holosmith Exceed (Replacing the heat with the stored energy) or Stance/Cantrip

Like I want stance that greater boons if you accomplish certain actions during it (Heal someone, stun, change legend/weapon...)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/26/2022 at 3:58 PM, LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

Yeah more core options would be nice, but I'm doubtful they'll add more core weapons, so a Scepter + Focus elite is probably the best we could hope for 😕

The only reason I want it to be core, is that it then free's up the E-specs.  I kind of feel the same with shortbow honestly 😕.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Base on current ANET activity  it is possible that new E spec mechanic might be

1.  any Weapon with Gunblade / Shroud/ holo  mechanic. F2 switch   No need to think for new idea

2. No cantrip/ signet coz util skill is fixed . If they really put in, it is just fix util skill.

3. May be pet system or summon but use different name  such as “ collected lost hero” or Demon Hunter ( hunt mob , boss to collect soul)

other thing may come from other game like

1 geomancer ( skill very on terrain)  FF job

2 magic sw man : elemental warrior but it already have with weaver.

3 debuffer like warlock , sw dancer. Not condi but all annoy non damage debuff. Close to Mesmer

4. soul linker:  like tamer but use skill to control opponents mind. Let ‘ say they force you to auto skill attack your ally for 5-10 sec.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Thon.3780 said:

2. No cantrip/ signet coz util skill is fixed . If they really put in, it is just fix util skill.

We already have the Signet Espec Legend, it's herald

3 hours ago, Thon.3780 said:

3. May be pet system or summon but use different name  such as “ collected lost hero” or Demon Hunter ( hunt mob , boss to collect soul)

Renegade is the closest we could have to summon/pet for me

• Like 1

On 4/26/2022 at 11:06 PM, Dawanarth.4601 said:

would be way too close to the Mechanist for my liking

For the Asura Legend I would take would be Omadd, he created the Omadd's Machine which let Scarlet become see the Ethernal Alchemy

Weapon: Rifle or Pistol/Pistol

Profession Mechanic: Eternal Alchemy: By using the power of the mist, the Balancer can store the excess power and fill a gauge to use for their other legend (F2: Store energy; F3:Release energy to fill energy bar; F4: Use energy to accomplish a Legend thematic effect)

Skills: Skill should be tied to the Machine, having features of the Leylines and have cleanses/convert

Maybe something like the Holosmith Exceed (Replacing the heat with the stored energy) or Stance/Cantrip

Like I want stance that greater boons if you accomplish certain actions during it (Heal someone, stun, change legend/weapon...)

Found a name for it: Equalizer

Other ideas:

Norn/Main Hand Axe: The Owl

The Owl is an important Spirit of the Norn, who sadly died... But what has died has left an imprint, an echo in the Mist

Thus the Owl can be active again, imparting wisdom, and silent kills for the good of the Norn and their allies

Mechanic:

F2: "Wisdom of Ancients": Give a special continuous action for each legend, but has a great cost, lowering your max Energy for a moment.

Spoiler

Owl's Sacrifice: Give Protection and swiftness to close-by allies. Push back foes and give them Chilled

Stone Ritual: Give Resolution and Stability to close allies. Create a Ghost Hammer that strike the ground, knocking down enemies

Assassin's Betrayal: Give Alacrity, Turn the ground (Or water) into Jade (Green hue) poisoning the area and inflicting torment

Sculptor's teaching: Pulse healing and cleansing. And vines sprouting healing orbs or something

Deamon's something: Give Quickness.And create tormenting strikes around the player

F3: "Wisdom of the Other": Change which Wisdom you currently channel (Has to be one of the 2 chosen legend, stay the same if you switch legend)

• Confused 1

Specter or focus Razah   SoS DPS based legend, and using Mantra has utilities.

Would prefer sceptre weapon that could build and support spirits, Ritualist could have no more than 6 spirits.

New spirit rules for the entire game (old gw1 mechanic): spirits take 50% less damage from all damage sources except burn. Burn damages spirits 50% more.

Elite skill (Mantra of Spirits basically would be  Gw1 Signet of Spirits ) CD 16 sec. heal spirits every time they are relocated. (traits would give elite a defensive buff or support mechanic or more DPS aftter being relocated).

Healing skill: Mantra of Ghostmirroring: basicly https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Ghostmirror_Light . Numbers of spirits would improve self heal only.

Trait:  Spirits would change from power only to decent hybrid pressure based on character offhand weapon (similair to how underwater weapons work).

Traits to focus spirits more on damage or condi stacks but not both (to boost only one offhand type but not both).

F2 ouside Razah legend  would cast shield on field https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Shield_of_Judgment  for 3 seconds  (similiar to bladesworn shield but with Sanctuary properties  ).

F2 while on Razah would make spitis become vampiric and heal the Ritualist for X% of their damage, with a 3 second quickness only for the spirits effect.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Elric.4713 said:

I finally want a ranged spellcaster spec with daggers or scepter, Razah could be the legend.

Scepter + Focus all the way. Or just Focus with some sort of “range modifications” for Sword and Mace to make them ranged weapons when equipped with the e-spec, Focus, or with certain traits in the e-spec line. 

Vizier Khilbron or Razah would be cool 

Edited by LucianTheAngelic.7054
  • Like 1