How rewarding is fishing

Zoid.2568

I don't seem to find fishing very rewarding, it seems to me like the only thing about fishing are the collections. I think we fishers need an item added to fishes, when we fillet we have a chance for this item and it sells for gold at merchant or either an item that sells for some gold on the TP. In ESO for example, you have a chance for an item when filleting fishes and it sells for quite some gold because it's in a good crafting recipe, so fishers in ESO actually makes gold.

What do you think?

Edited by Zoid.2568
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Zoid.2568 said:

I think we fishers need an item added to fishes, when we fillet we have a chance for this item and it sells for gold at merchant or either an item that sells for some gold on the TP. 

What do you think?

We already have that. It's called Chunk of Ancient Ambergris and drops from filleting fish, the better the quality, I assume, the higher the chance.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Haleydawn.3764 said:

We already have that. It's called Chunk of Ancient Ambergris and drops from filleting fish, the better the quality, I assume, the higher the chance.

It's very rare to get that one. I have like 13 of them or so and fished for about 10 hours. That's not very rewarding compared to other casual content like meta events.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5

Just now, Zoid.2568 said:

It's very rare to get that one. I have like 13 of them or so and fished for about 10 hours. That's not very rewarding compared to other casual content like meta events.

For most people, it's having something to pass the time in between those events. It doesn't need to be more rewarding, you could always craft the fishing food (made from the fish you caught) and sell them? Casual content, exactly, why no-life it for 10hrs?

But, after finishing a few of the collections, I had more than 100 Ambergris.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

for a afk activity is rewarding.

i have only 4 map related fishing achievment(the easy ones), and other than that i had fishing only for side-achievs(like spec weapons).

what i have:

123g - 52 chunk of ancient ambergis.

14g - flawless fishing fillet.

not counting what i have burned, because i had crafted some fishing food.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Zoid.2568 said:

Ambergris comes from fishing in more ways than the random drops when converting to fillets.

Taro Everclaw, one of the Kestrel fishing vendors in Arborstone, offers a catch of the day. They'll give you one chunk of Ambergris a day for a specific rare quality fish. I've found this to be an enjoyable daily activity, finding the right fishing hole in the right zone, and fishing for it.

You can also buy up to 5 Ambergris a day in exchange for 10 flawless fillets per chunk from Taro or several other fishing vendors. You'll need maxed Fishing mastery to do this.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Haleydawn.3764 said:

There are also the junk items. I've gotten ones that vendors for 1g.

g/h looks to be about the same as  other solo options

https://fast.farming-community.eu/open-world/fishing

https://fast.farming-community.eu/open-world/solo-farming

Edited by Khisanth.2948
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Haleydawn.3764 said:

For most people, it's having something to pass the time in between those events. It doesn't need to be more rewarding, you could always craft the fishing food (made from the fish you caught) and sell them? Casual content, exactly, why no-life it for 10hrs?

But, after finishing a few of the collections, I had more than 100 Ambergris.

Exactly, it's just a nice quiet activity to do between things or while waiting.  Simple dailies.  Rewards are subjective I suppose, I like the mini and fishing rod available with mastery in Arborstone so it's a personal goal. 

23 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Ambergris comes from fishing in more ways than the random drops when converting to fillets.

Taro Everclaw, one of the Kestrel fishing vendors in Arborstone offers a catch of the day. They'll give you one chunk of Ambergris a day for a specific rare quality fish. I've found this to be an enjoyable daily activity, finding the right fishing hole in the right zone, and fishing for it.

You can also buy up to 5 Ambergris a day in exchange for 10 flawless fillets a piece from Taro or several other fishing vendors. You'll need maxed Fishing mastery to do this.

And this.  It adds up.  

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

I've completed 16 collections before getting that kitten goldfish to finish the first World Class fisher, let alone Avid, haha.

I've just spent 25mins fishing in Echovald Wilds and got 5 Ancient Ambergris. Something about fishing for 10hrs and only having about 13 seems odd OP.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

A short while after launch I got three 1g junk items (gold statue of some kind if I remember) fishing in the waters off Amnoon for about 20 minutes. I was blown away by how profitable fishing was!

But either it was a fluke of RNG, or a bugged loot table that got patched, since I have not seen one since.

I have seen other profitable junk items in other places, however.

To the people saying it is not rewarding, it is more rewarding than WVW or  EOD strikes / raids after the first time per week.

That said, I still hate fishing. Worst part of EOD IMO. I fished for all the EOD specialization collections and stopped.

Edited by Infusion.7149

5 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

To the people saying it is not rewarding, it is more rewarding than WVW or  EOD strikes / raids after the first time per week.

That said, I still hate fishing. Worst part of EOD IMO. I fished for all the EOD specialization collections and stopped.

Which isn't really a high threshold to pass.

2 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Fishing is in line with other PVE content. Are you denying this when the numbers are on the site are clear?

Huh?  You said that it was more rewarding than WvW and strikes/raids. I replied that that wasn’t a high threshold to pass. Obviously I was taking a shot at the rewards of those parts of the game. 

• Like 2

For a low intensity farm, fishing is pretty profitable tbh

Of course, it's still prone to RNG. But the longer you fish, the more it evens out. Some map have relatively high legendary fish drops e.g. Kaineng (day+night), Seitung (Night), etc 

Gph seems to range between 20-30g depending on your RNG, which is pretty good considering that you can afford to afk/multitask without inconveniencing others while fishing. 

Edit: And I love how it's not an afk farm either since you still need to engage with the minigame.

Edit2: Also, I do not understand fast-farming's fishing stats. Duration are all less than 30mins, how did they extrapolate the gph from it??

Edited by MonsterTeddy.6135

11 hours ago, Zoid.2568 said:

It's considerably less rare than the ESO counterpart you quoted in your OP. You even have ways to target-fish the ascended and legendary fish that can drop it by choosing the proper bait, fishing hole, and time of day. It's not guaranteed, but a lot more likely than your 13 per 10 hours, so I assume you didn't pay any attention to bait, fishing hole, or time of day.

23 minutes ago, Rasimir.6239 said:

It's considerably less rare than the ESO counterpart you quoted in your OP. You even have ways to target-fish the ascended and legendary fish that can drop it by choosing the proper bait, fishing hole, and time of day. It's not guaranteed, but a lot more likely than your 13 per 10 hours, so I assume you didn't pay any attention to bait, fishing hole, or time of day.

I did pay attention to all of that, I have done some of the collections but still I did not get too many of them.

10 hours ago, Haleydawn.3764 said:

I've completed 16 collections before getting that kitten goldfish to finish the first World Class fisher, let alone Avid, haha.

I've just spent 25mins fishing in Echovald Wilds and got 5 Ancient Ambergris. Something about fishing for 10hrs and only having about 13 seems odd OP.

Lol you were either lucky, or we do something completely wrong xd

43 minutes ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

Lol you were either lucky, or we do something completely wrong xd

I'm considering both! Lucky for the Echovald catches dropping Ambergris, and UNlucky for the Goldfish taking so long (although I think the catch chances for World Class fisher have been buffed slightly).

But, the topic of fishing not being rewarding enough, I think is untrue, it's quite rewarding for how easy it is.