So, story is a walk over now?

14 minutes ago, Shiny.1638 said:

A spider hatchling at the start of the instance provided a more amusing and enthralling battle.

I am unsure why I should feel motivated to advance, and why no changes were made before the story was re-introduced. Does this company not learn from their past mistakes?

Great ... then just don't do it if you aren't motivated. This is not content you need to do. It's there to fill a gap in the story. That's it. If you don't want to understand that part of the story, then it doesn't make sense you do that content in the first place. 

I mean, the answer to your question ... is YES ... this IS a walkover, because it's JUST there to fill a storyline gap. If that's a problem for you, don't do it. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Shiny.1638 said:

A spider hatchling at the start of the instance provided a more amusing and enthralling battle.

I am unsure why I should feel motivated to advance, and why no changes were made before the story was re-introduced. Does this company not learn from their past mistakes?

To be fair, not every foe is a boss or is supposed to be challenging. An actual end boss that was treated as you describe would be disappointing. A non combatant scientist who is not supposed to be more challenging than an ambient creature should not require boss-fight like effort. 

Do you want ambient rabbits to represent a threat for  your veteran warrior?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6

30 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Great ... then just don't do it if you aren't motivated. This is not content you need to do. It's there to fill a gap in the story. That's it. If you don't want to understand that part of the story, then it doesn't make sense you do that content in the first place. 

I mean, the answer to your question ... is YES ... this IS a walkover, because it's JUST there to fill a storyline gap. If that's a problem for you, don't do it. 

If STORY is not content I NEED to do, then what is the POINT of the GAME?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 15
  • Sad 1

Just now, Diak Atoli.2085 said:

Or the Aetherblade fractal. That'll really give them fits.

The two asura? No. There is a proper fight that ends in their death.

I am not bothered by scripted death.

Have the "researcher" die to something stupid, fine, but don't waste my time by making me hit him once, leaving me wondering if it was even a fight at all?

Nothing humorous or comedic about it.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 10

11 minutes ago, Shiny.1638 said:

That's up to you to decide why you play a game. There are lots of reasons BESIDES the story to play. If the only point of the game was the story, most of the content we have wouldn't exist.

If you feel the story is a compelling reason to do content, the difficulty shouldn't be an issue for you ... because that's the reason that particular content exists; to fill a gap in the story.

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 3

23 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

That's up to you to decide why you play a game. There are lots of reasons BESIDES the story to play. If the only point of the game was the story, most of the content we have wouldn't exist.

If you feel the story is a compelling reason to do content, the difficulty shouldn't be an issue for you ... because that's the reason that particular content exists; to fill a gap in the story.

Maybe I WANT to play the STORY, I just want it NOT to be BAD.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 10

1 hour ago, Shiny.1638 said:

I never progressed to the molten boss, I closed my game in disappointment. I suppose I shall have to seriously consider if I wish to continue, thank the Lord that there is no subscription fee for this.

They re-introduced LW S1, something from 9 years ago, for those who had never done them before, or who wanted to re-visit it. There is absolutely no need for you to do the content if you don't like it. You lost nothing since it is free additional content. Just pretend LW S1 never happened since if they had not given it to us for free, you wouldn't have notice and will have no problems in the first place

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I never progressed to the molten boss, I closed my game in disappointment. I suppose I shall have to seriously consider if I wish to continue, thank the Lord that there is no subscription fee for this.

wow, so dramatic 

• Like 4
  • Haha 10

its genuinely just a joke. the joke is that you think that you are going to face a tough opponent, but turns out that it was actually sad little guy who could not win even a newborn pigeon. you are expected to just chuckle, and move on. its not that deep.

i promise you will enjoy playing more if you take a step back, and take a moment to acknowledge that you are in fact playing a video game, and stop taking it too seriously.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

That dredge is designed to die in one hit. He is not a boss. It’s meant to be an “amusing” part of the story. Which me with my silly humor did find funny. But humor is individual and what I find funny others might not. It doesn’t make the story bad either. Fight the real bosses instead and give feedback on those

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

We are cute little trolls, aren't we?

While I've done the molten furnace fractal for hundreds and hundreds of times, I was still waiting to see what the original Kostya engineer would do to me in season 1. When the gates opened and the little dood stepped in, I thought to myself "holy molly, he gonna drink something, get much much bigger and kill me. I should get as much damage in as I can right now". And then he... yea... Can say it was a little underwhelming and a little fun at the same time. Might understand your disappointment, but if you don't see that was intended to be funny, well... I feel bad for you. 

And yes. You are doing the STORY for... STORY, for kitten sake....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The two asura? No. There is a proper fight that ends in their death.

I am not bothered by scripted death.

Have the "researcher" die to something stupid, fine, but don't waste my time by making me hit him once, leaving me wondering if it was even a fight at all?

Nothing humorous or comedic about it.

Okay, I think I understand the disappointment. Granted I don't think I'm nearly as disappointed with this outcome as you are because I still remember the end of Ice Brood Saga. I don't know if you went through that yet but I'll tell you this much, it's the exact opposite and believe me, and probably the rest of the forum, that's not a good thing.

Edit: The "boss" is supposed to be on his last legs yet while he hardly does any damage, his hp is stupidly bloated and moves around like crazy making the fight last way longer than he deserves.

Edited by DaFishBob.6518
Added some more info on the encounter for the confused folks
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

OK ... nothing stops you from doing that except you. Everyone can play the story. Not wanting it to be 'bad' is a completely  subjective issue that Anet can't fix to accommodate you. If the story being bad makes you not want to play it, that's not a problem. Not all content is implemented to appeal to every player and their skill level or interest. Anet can't cater to any particular group of players ideas of how the game should work. What's bad to you is not bad for someone else. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Shiny.1638 said:

You do not understand! I did not beat him, I tapped him with one press of my auto attack and he died!

That sounds rather unlikely. I've finished this episode on three characters, all endgame level, and none of them one-shot the molten duo.

Are you sure you didn't bring the second boss' health down alongside the first one's, because they were standing close together, so you only had to execute one last attack to defeat him?

59 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

It's not really a boss. He's talking about the scientist running the weapons test part-way through the Molten Furnace. After you survive the weapon test he says he'll deal with you directly, which is probably supposed to sound like the set-up for a boss fight, then he dies instantly if you attack him, because he's not a fighter at all. It's a joke, but apparently one that went over the OP's head.

Ahhh, that one?! 😂 Yes, it's supposed to be a funny moment, because he thinks we are the vermin, but instead he gets one-shot.

I guess the OP lacks a sense of irony. 😆

Edited by Ashantara.8731
typos
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

I'm not a fan of Anet's writing and therefore don't play the story and thats okay, as other said you can play games different ways.
But your'e behavior here is quite funny. When you don't like it, just don't play it. A lot of people enjoy anet's writing and story-handling.
Also, there where quite a few comments who explained what happend and instead of just trying to move on and play the story further, to see if it is really so bad for you or if it gets better, you behave like a child and stand your point about something what is intended to be a bit ridiculous.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I'm sorry to say this, but this looks like an kitten-post.

I've only come back to GW2 for a few months (after years) and decided to pick up a new class. Probably (definitely) my build, gear combinations, knowledge of the profession ... whatever aren't there yet but then - I'm only a fresh lvl 80. Content is pretty difficult at times for me. Will get better once I sort the above things out. 

But - again I'm sorry - useless post (and yes, I did read all the comments which basically say the same as I do).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Shiny.1638 said:

2 hours ago, Shiny.1638 said:

Which is it?  NEED or WANT?  Those are two different things.  Even my 3 year old knows that.  She might want a cookie, but she certainly doesn't need one.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I did this instance last night.  Yes, there is the one monster after the weapon testing that can be one shotted, and that is intentional (though clearly not made obviously enough).  There are bosses after that which are tougher - it is not like it is the last boss in the instance.

To me, this is working as designed, though I found the entire instance a bit long and repetitive.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2022 at 4:36 AM, Shiny.1638 said:

How humorous.

There is no satisfaction in silencing a dog that is all bark and no bite. The act leaves a bitter taste in the mouth, and is not a worthy culmination of time invested.

It is humorous. The boss fight is fine.  It's just not a boss. You don't get to put bosses where you want them. If this is what you judge the game unworthy on, that's fine. But you'd be like the only one. I've never heard a complaint about this until now. It's a ridiculous thing to complain about. This guy isn't a some super boss. He's just a technician that without his traps has no power.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2