I want to stop working on my legendary armor.

4 hours ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

But this is the thing. Instead of asking they just asume that everything will go greatly and when not, the Raid's are at fault :/.

Ironically, the people i was speaking of were not your normal forum anti-raid complainers. Quite the opposite, they represented the staple of the raiding community. You know, those players that when seeing any complains will speak up saying something like "...but it's so easy, what could you ever have a problem with?".

• Like 5
  • Confused 4

3 hours ago, Senfdieb.3985 said:

You can do this on GW2 Wingman https://gw2wingman.nevermindcreations.de/home. In the upper left corner click on "display all bosses" and let the engine search until you see the colored bars. Under "Overview / Players / With Players" (centered above the colored bars) you can then enter an account name to search for. Under "Overview / Date Range" you can select a number of balance patches you want to include. By default only the logs from the latest balance patch will be included.

After you applied the filters click on "Update Filters".

If you want to see the logs, click in the bottom right on "Logs" and you will get a list with all logfiles where the account name is included (to open a log click on the date field).

Of course, someone needs to load those logs to this site first. It does not seem to use logs from dpsreports, for example, and it definitely does not use logs that are just sitting on someone's computer and were never uploaded anywhere.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

On 5/13/2022 at 7:09 AM, Chichimec.9364 said:

This. Very much this. Atm I'm working on my last piece of leggy armor. When I get this one, in about three weeks, I'll have full sets of heavy, medium, and light armor leggies. All were earned in WvW, a game mode I enjoy playing. It hasn't felt like a grind to me and it certainly wasn't "PURE HELL." After my leggy armor is complete, I'll start on the backpack, and then on the rings. Again, getting them all in a game mode I like. (Though I do have to add the caveat that WvW is a game mode I currently enjoy. It remains to be seen what WvW will be like when/if Anet ever implements Alliances and its other plans for WvW.)

Most things in GW2 will just passively accrue until you get them without much explicit effort.

I felt the same way about the PvE legendary armour as you do about the WvW armour. 

I just showed up to raid each week with my static and did the map metas a few times a week. Now I have 2 sets complete and enough mats that I could finish the last set if I wanted to. I don't really use medium armor characters though so haven't  bothered, plus I'm sitting on a trove of ascended gear at this point.

I get where the OP is coming from though. If you're not taking the passive/over-time/just play-normally-til-you-get-it route, it's a mountain of a task.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

What a horrible thought 6 months in WvW 😵

That assumes you play enough to max out your weekly skirmish ticket gain. Since the majority of the tickets come in the second half of the weekly process, someone with less play time available, or who wants to play other content as well (which you will want to do in order to get the materials required) may find it taking closer to a year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

If you're not looking for the special skins, but purely the legendary armor slot functionality, I highly recommend ranked spvp. I guess it helps that I used to actually like spvp and already had 2 full sets of leggy, but for my final set I just spammed matches for 1 full season, the miniseason, and then part of the next, and I was done. Because I could just stop queuing if I felt too tilted and it always returned me to whatever else I was in the middle of doing, I didn't really have to go too far out of my way in terms of content choice. Also spvp reward tracks are great for clovers and some other goodies.

Normally, I'd never suggest pvp as an option for anyone already doing the raiding route. However, pve farming for a legendary set clearly isn't OP's cup of tea, and the wvw path requires a fairly massive commitment to the game mode itself.

And yes, ranked is a complete cesspool at the moment. Of course it's been that way for quite some time, but population seems especially thin right now. But hey, if all you want is the legendary armor itself, spvp remains the fastest and least intrusive method as far as I know.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On 5/14/2022 at 9:31 PM, Dante.1508 said:

With all the diving goggles and jumping puzzles i've had to fight through in 9 years i should have 3 sets of Legendary armor.. I'd love to see the WvW and PvP hardcores do all that.

Open World - 40% of content

Story - 20% of content <--- Open World Content 💯

Fractals - 10% of content

PvP - 10% of content

WvW - 10% of content

Strikes - 5% of content

Raids - 5% of content

So its 60% of the game, not 40%...

I was going to lump it in with OW content, but most story stuff is instanced.   Sure some of the story rewards carry over to open world things, but by and large I think story is separate.

So if there were to be an open world legendary set you wouldn't earn it through story.  Maybe the Living World stuff, but by 'story' I mean the literal chapters that are instance content and not the in-between things you sometimes have to do in open world areas.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

On 5/13/2022 at 9:49 AM, Aridon.8362 said:

Alas, after finally having acquired the precursor armor, I felt a sense of not caring anymore because getting gold in this game, IS HARD. There's no easy way of getting gold in this game to a meaningful degree, you'd have to farm A LOT in just one hour to bank 70g in your pocket, and it's grindy and tedious.

Lo and behold, I learn from the best about how to make A LOT of gold. And I do just that, took me nearly 4 weeks of absolute hell, but I made roughly 9000g.

70g per hour seems like a very decent rate from what I know(I don't play to farm but I hear others throwing figures around). Even so, you are probably better off just trading gems for gold if that's what you need and as you've said - you hated the grind.

If it took you 4 weeks at 70g per hour to get 9k gold then that's about 128.57 hours of grind. 

That's 32 hours per week. 

To get that amount from buying gems, you would need to spend approximately £447.17

Your 128 hours averages out to about £3.71 per hour at the rate (70g per hour)

Honestly, if you hate the grind, just work your normal job and buy gems, it's 3 times more effective.

• Haha 1

On 5/16/2022 at 8:53 PM, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

We could do that but you know... We would need to balance time and effort. 

Raid armor needs effort, so you can get it faster then Wvw. 

Wvw does not need much effort but is time gated hard. 

If people like you talk about PvE, they mean Openworld content mostly. But how do you put something there that needs effort without the playerbase going ballistic again? 

As seen by Soo Won. 

You would need to time gate it hard then. 

But people don't want that either. 

Soo Won isn't effort its just badly designed and buggy as.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

On 5/16/2022 at 8:53 PM, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

We could do that but you know... We would need to balance time and effort. 

Raid armor needs effort, so you can get it faster then Wvw. 

Wvw does not need much effort but is time gated hard. 

If people like you talk about PvE, they mean Openworld content mostly. But how do you put something there that needs effort without the playerbase going ballistic again? 

As seen by Soo Won. 

You would need to time gate it hard then. 

But people don't want that either. 

Does it matter really if something was slightly easier in one game mode.. And i'm sure anet can be as nasty to pve ow for legendaries as they are for all the other game modes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

On 5/13/2022 at 3:01 PM, Astralporing.1957 said:

This is a thread about legendary armor acquisition, is it not? I think that talking about legendary armor acquisition is very much on point there.

Not really, it's more a thread about burnout. (the things the op is talking about are mostly the OW part of the set) 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, yann.1946 said:

Not really, it's more a thread about burnout. (the things the op is talking about are mostly the OW part of the set) 

It's about both. And it's very much up to subjective interpretation. To me, for example, it seems OP was already burned out due to the raid component, and that's why the OW part was too much for him.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

On 5/20/2022 at 8:56 AM, Dante.1508 said:

Kind of on topic.

I found these really informative if they are accurate.

I personally know the guy who made this, I was even there on discord while he was  making the thumbnail for the first video.

Also I do not believe in raiding not having to be a requirement for the armor, I actually support the idea that it should be.

Also why is this thread not dead?

Edited by Aridon.8362
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

16 hours ago, DirtyDan.4759 said:

You made 9000 gold in 4 weeks but don't want to do chak gerent 10 times? Weird flex but ok.

It actually paid off in the end to do the chak gerent, I ended up getting 2 chak egg sacs, just out of extreme luck. Those Chak egg sacs I ended up trading for various items I'll sell/use over time.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/21/2022 at 4:18 PM, Astralporing.1957 said:

It's about both. And it's very much up to subjective interpretation. To me, for example, it seems OP was already burned out due to the raid component, and that's why the OW part was too much for him.

Even under that interpretation, it is a case of burnout (and unhealthy gaming practices). So any decent advice would be about these things, as they are not up to interpretation here.  

The only reason to mention a need for open world armor is to derail to a topic that at best is only slightly tangentially related. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Legendary in this game means "the best in game." Where do you get the best armour in an mmo? In a raid. The difference with GW2 is that "the best" does not have a asterisk "until the next raid is released." In progressive MMORPGs an equivalent armour would be one that is stat selectable and its item level is automatically increased with every patch. How much time and resources would you be willing to spend to get such an item?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

On 5/15/2022 at 9:41 PM, Ashen.2907 said:

9374 (if you are unlocking the exotics with skirmish tickets because your reward track is assigned to getting gifts of battle) tickets divided by 365 tickets per week works out to almost 26 weeks. A little less if you don't need to unlock the exotics.

I got my info from the wiki page. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor

You wanna disagree with that, I suggest you tell them to update the wiki and see how that goes.

18 hours ago, civokenes.3284 said:

Legendary in this game means "the best in game." Where do you get the best armour in an mmo? In a raid.

Thus it was written, in tablets of stone, when God said, “Let there be MMOs!”

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

I got my info from the wiki page. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor

You wanna disagree with that, I suggest you tell them to update the wiki and see 

The wiki article gives a total based on an assumption that one already has the armor pieces needed to make the legendary pieces. It is correct with that assumption. I am merely pointing out that someone starting from scratch will take longer as they need to unlock the pre pieces before they can make the legendary.  

It isnt that the wiki is incorrect, it just operates from an assumption that will not apply to everyone.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

The wiki article gives a total based on an assumption that one already has the armor pieces needed to make the legendary pieces. It is correct with that assumption. I am merely pointing out that someone starting from scratch will take longer as they need to unlock the pre pieces before they can make the legendary.  

It isnt that the wiki is incorrect, it just operates from an assumption that will not apply to everyone.

Look at tab 1 and 2 of the skirmish supervisor. You'll see all exotics (tier 2) and ascended items unlocked. So you don't need to get the tier 1 exotics at all. So if you want the cheaper legendary set you can straight out buy the ascended items needed without any exotic unlocks.

Edit: I might've been wrong about the tier 1 unlocks being needed, but they are unlocked via the wvw reward track for triumphant armor, so I still don't see how you would have to calculate extra tickets for those.

Edited by Gehenna.3625
  • Like 1

So many spiteful customers these days.. It took me 3684 days so it should take everyone 3684 days... You know i don't care, if it took me 9 years to complete something and then anet gave it away for gold or free i honestly don't care, good for the other people..

Jeez people :classic_blink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2