Can We Do Something About Bounty Trolls?

All the boards are often empty when I get to a PoF map for a daily bounty. Other folks on those maps have said its because we've landed on an overflow map and it takes time for the bounties to go up on a new map. I don't know if that's true, but in that situation, I've never heard anyone say it was bounty trolls who trashed/emptied the boards. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong though.

Edited by Chichimec.9364
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Because it is a Daily, would that not encourage players to engage in Bounties?  Do the maps you enter not have Commander Tags or Mentor Tags showing? 

No its happening a lot.. trolls are taking all the bounties and just abusing the option. I had one irate troll going off in whisper when i said to map change.. He was so mad that the map change popped up after he had trolled all the bounties..

Crazy getting mad over trolling people..

• Haha 2
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Chichimec.9364 said:

All the boards are often empty when I get to a PoF map for a daily bounty. Other folks on those maps have said its because we've landed on an overflow map and it takes time for the bounties to go up on a new map. I don't know if that's true, but in that situation, I've never heard anyone say it was bounty trolls who trashed/emptied the boards. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong though.

You are correct.  It takes about 10 minutes for the bounty boards to populate after a new zone instance is created.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Dante.1508 said:

No its happening a lot.. trolls are taking all the bounties and just abusing the option. I had one irate troll going off in whisper when i said to map change.. He was so mad that the map change popped up after he had trolled all the bounties..

Sure it did.  Like others have pointed out, fresh maps spawn with the bounty boards clear.  You notice this most during bounty daily days because so many fresh maps are spawned due to all of the players constantly flowing in to complete the daily.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

How can you troll bounty boards when anyone can accept it and still see it? You need to go to the bounty for it to start the timer. So everyone got a chance to do said bounty. It probably just gets cleared faster since it is a daily. It may also be someone new to the game that activates it. And underestimate the difficulty of bounties. So easy to assume trolls. Unless you yourself are the troll with this post 👀 hard to tell sometimes 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

Of all the things that never happened, this never happened the most. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

It’s possible someone was trolling him by pretending to be trolling him. 

Schrodinger's Troll?

I exist in a state of trolling you and not trolling you.  Whether I actually am trolling you requires you to observe me, in which case my wave function collapses and I exist in a determinable state of trolling.

Well, don't open the box and you won't actually be trolled.  Troll could be dead from poison for all we know.

Never knew Heisenberg's principle could be applied to trolling.  That's next level.  Literally, it's now 4-dimensional.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, BadHealer.3608 said:

Yes, those low lives should be removed from the game ASAP.  I have seen this a million of times. Someone tag up, telling everyone in the map that he is doing bounty x, taking it, going to the bounty, saying that he is attacking in 5 minutes and everybody can join, than he is attacking with everyone around and than the bounty is gone and if you didn't do the bounty, than you didn't get the bounty!

THIS "I do the bounty, come join me and have fun" TROLLS NEEDS TO BE STOPPED ASAP!!! NO ONE SHOULD DO THIS BOUNTIES AND NO ONE SHOULD ENJOY THIS GAME! STOP THIS BOUNTY COLLECTING!!!

There's a big difference between someone tagging up to complete a bounty with the intention of attacking in 5 minutes and the random zerg of players that just want to complete the bounty without waiting. If there are enough players with the same bounty standing next to the boss and there's enough of them to complete it, why should they wait? And where do you draw the line of how long? The next time you run any event in any zone, you better make a game wide announcement to inform everyone that you are doing it so that we all have 5 minutes to get there and make sure that no one else in the game tries to complete the event before I get there. Otherwise you are event trolling and should also be removed from the game.

And to respond to the OP, this is no different than any daily zone event completion. Whenever I zone into one of those, it can be difficult to find an event not because there are trolls, but these are just regular players playing the game.

Today's daily bounty was actually in a zone that I had never been to as I recently purchased PoF and have not explored the map. I zoned in for the first time today, grabbed the only bounty on the board and saw that it was already in progress at the other side of the zone. I literally ran there on my raptor and still got there in time to hit it enough to get credit. I do not understand how other players with faster mounts or fully explored waypoints would have much trouble completing these bounties.

Edited by kokocabana.8153
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

The only problems I've had with bounties and other players are:

1) Someone has taken the bounty and completed it so we have to wait for it to reappear on the board (as mentioned it won't clear until they complete it).

2) Someone takes a bounty, spawns the boss, tries to fight it solo, dies, runs back out then asks for help and gets angry when there isn't enough time left for people to see the message, get to the boss and defeat it. It basically just means they (and anyone offering to help) need to wait for it to reset, but there's a risk they'll rage quit before that happens and then going to help is a complete waste of time.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Sure it did.  Like others have pointed out, fresh maps spawn with the bounty boards clear.  You notice this most during bounty daily days because so many fresh maps are spawned due to all of the players constantly flowing in to complete the daily.

I dunno he was the one whispering me angry. Its happening a lot.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, Rogue.8235 said:

Schrodinger's Troll?

I exist in a state of trolling you and not trolling you.  Whether I actually am trolling you requires you to observe me, in which case my wave function collapses and I exist in a determinable state of trolling.

Well, don't open the box and you won't actually be trolled.  Troll could be dead from poison for all we know.

Never knew Heisenberg's principle could be applied to trolling.  That's next level.  Literally, it's now 4-dimensional.

Possible people were talking about people trolling the Bounties, the bounty boards were empty and i suggested we switch maps when it popped up. That when the messages came at me..

I was under the impression people take all the bounties go and hit them then fail them on purpose. so it kicks in the timers..

But hey believe what you like.

• Confused 9
  • Sad 2

Just now, Dante.1508 said:

Possible people were talking about people trolling the Bounties, the bounty boards were empty and i suggested we switch maps when it popped up. That when the messages came at me..

I was under the impression people take all the bounties go and hit them then fail them on purpose. so it kicks in the timers..

But hey believe what you like.

You may have been under that impression, but that isn't how it works.  The bounties only disappear off the board once the 10 minute timer on a spawned bounty expires.  In order for a player to "troll" bounties in this way, they would need to grab a bounty, travel to the spawn location, then head back to the board and grab the next bounty.  By the time they repeat this process for every bounty on a map, the initial bounties they spawned would already be back up on the board.  There would also be multiple bounties still live with their timers not yet expired at any given time.

Isn't the more likely explanation for what you observe on bounty daily days that you have arrived on a fresh map with the boards starting in a cleared state?  And is it really difficult to wrap your head around the idea that the people complaining about it in map chat are just like you and don't understand how it works?  If you didn't know that a fresh map begins with a cleared board, what other explanation is there than that players took all the bounties?  And given that this would require some degree of coordination under normal circumstances, they must be trolling, right?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

You may have been under that impression, but that isn't how it works.  The bounties only disappear off the board once the 10 minute timer on a spawned bounty expires.  In order for a player to "troll" bounties in this way, they would need to grab a bounty, travel to the spawn location, then head back to the board and grab the next bounty.  By the time they repeat this process for every bounty on a map, the initial bounties they spawned would already be back up on the board.  There would also be multiple bounties still live with their timers not yet expired at any given time.

Isn't the more likely explanation for what you observe on bounty daily days that you have arrived on a fresh map with the boards starting in a cleared state?  And is it really difficult to wrap your head around the idea that the people complaining about it in map chat are just like you and don't understand how it works?  If you didn't know that a fresh map begins with a cleared board, what other explanation is there than that players took all the bounties?  And given that this would require some degree of coordination under normal circumstances, they must be trolling, right?

No it wasn't a fresh map and people were complaining all over map chat about trolling when i arrived.. hence the map popup.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Dante.1508 said:

No it wasn't a fresh map and people were complaining all over map chat about trolling when i arrived.. hence the map popup.

Okay, so what's the premise here?  A group of players conspired to coordinate pulling all of the bounties at once and these people complaining had just been hanging out on this not-fresh map for awhile yet somehow failed to reach a bounty within that 10-minute period they were all spawned?

That really seems the more likely explanation to you than that you showed up on a fresh map because it's daily day and new map instances are being spawned constantly due to all of the players flooding into that same map to complete their daily?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1